Miss Lizzy
Your Favourite Sketch Card
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Bartowski:
It amazes me that this is a sketch card

David never ceases to amaze.

April 30, 2013, 07:37 PM
Batman
My first pull from Marvel's Greatest Battles is a good omen for this weekend's show!

Big Grin

May 01, 2013, 02:57 AM
hammer
Very Nice
May 01, 2013, 05:16 AM
Graham
What a shock! Batman pulling one of the top sketches Roll Eyes
May 01, 2013, 10:02 AM
wolfie
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
][IMG]

Got this Veronica O'Connell Masterpiece from a very good friend - I think it is FANTASTIC

Nice girl.!

May 04, 2013, 01:41 PM
cheifbrody
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
][IMG]

Got this Veronica O'Connell Masterpiece from a very good friend - I think it is FANTASTIC

its fantastic, did veron O'Connell
know what she was doing ?
and,can I get a Tottenham one Smile
May 04, 2013, 01:44 PM
cheifbrody

This message has been edited. Last edited by: cheifbrody,
May 05, 2013, 01:58 PM
cheifbrody

Having nearly 300 hand picked Katie Cooks make it hard to pick a favourite Smile
May 12, 2013, 04:09 AM
Kris Gibson
^ As an Indy sketch nut have to say, love that card Smile
May 21, 2013, 04:38 AM
hammer
Birthday present from a VERY good friend - Cheers Mate
[URL=

This message has been edited. Last edited by: hammer,
May 21, 2013, 05:54 AM
wolfie
Is that just one normal size trading card? If so it is amazing. Eek

May 21, 2013, 04:13 PM
hammer
No - It is 4 cards
May 21, 2013, 04:31 PM
wolfie
Ah yes I can see the join now. It's still amazing. Thumb Up

May 22, 2013, 06:14 AM
Juelle Lou
Hammer that Farscape sketch is magnificent! Eek
I Love it Big Grin
May 25, 2013, 07:57 PM
Raven
SP 2013, who's that guy? Wink

Hammer, what I really want to know is, where can I get friends like that? Big Grin
June 07, 2015, 01:55 AM
X
How has this thread not been added to in over 2 years?!? Eek I doubt people have stopped collecting sketch cards!

This is now my new favourite. I have wanted a colour Mark McHaley card for years, he is my favourite sketch card artist for sure and to finally get an AP from him is a dream come true.

June 07, 2015, 04:32 AM
Juelle Lou
And X, I can't think of a better card to kick start the thread again Thumb Up

Did McHaley advertise that he had blank APs for sale or did you approach him with your blank AP?
Sorry if the question doesn't make much sense, I'm pretty new to the world of sketch cards and I'm just getting into them more seriously so I don't know and understand fully the in's and out's of everything yet.

Most of the time I'm too scared to ask for commissions, as most of the time I don't have a specific poses in mind, just that I'd like sketches of certain characters.

How do other people approach the artist's about commissions?
Do you have specific or vague ideas, and how do you get those across to the artist?
June 07, 2015, 10:42 AM
Triple-Frog
quote:
Originally posted by Juelle Lou:
And X, I can't think of a better card to kick start the thread again Thumb Up

Did McHaley advertise that he had blank APs for sale or did you approach him with your blank AP?
Sorry if the question doesn't make much sense, I'm pretty new to the world of sketch cards and I'm just getting into them more seriously so I don't know and understand fully the in's and out's of everything yet.

Most of the time I'm too scared to ask for commissions, as most of the time I don't have a specific poses in mind, just that I'd like sketches of certain characters.

How do other people approach the artist's about commissions?
Do you have specific or vague ideas, and how do you get those across to the artist?

Your best bet is to have a look at the Scoundrel forum. A lot of artists post there and advertise when they have either blank AP's or gaps for commissions. If you join the board then you can contact them direct as well.

Regarding the actual commission I have always found it to be best to be as specific as possible and often include a photo from a trading card to show what I prefer.

Ideally look at examples of the artists work first, there is not much point in asking an artist with a cartoon style to do a photo real likeness.
June 07, 2015, 10:47 AM
steshell
Nice card, did you get it directly from Mark?

I commissioned a card for my 50th birthday, I'm now 58 and I'm still waiting!!!

June 07, 2015, 12:17 PM
Juelle Lou
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
Your best bet is to have a look at the Scoundrel forum. A lot of artists post there and advertise when they have either blank AP's or gaps for commissions. If you join the board then you can contact them direct as well.

I'll check Scoundrel out then thanks Thumb Up

quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
Regarding the actual commission I have always found it to be best to be as specific as possible and often include a photo from a trading card to show what I prefer.

Ideally look at examples of the artists work first, there is not much point in asking an artist with a cartoon style to do a photo real likeness.

See I think that is a big part of my problem, I'm not the most imaginative person so I don't have specific ideas, just that I'd like certain characters drawn by different artists in there own styles.