Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Card Talk's Greatest Hits    Your Favourite Sketch Card
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 141
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Your Favourite Sketch Card
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Card Dude
posted
As suggested elsewhere, lets share our favourite sketch cards with everyone that you own Smile

I couldn't decide between my favourite two, I don't have that many sketches, but these two are definately the best:

I am going to start collecting Martinek Thunderbirds sketches as I really like the amount of work and detail he puts into each of his sketch cards.

Posts: 1117 | Location: UK | Registered: December 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I've only got one sketch card at the moment, so will have to pass. I'll have a better answer in November though after I have started collecting the new Xena sketches. Big Grin

Posts: 3862 | Location: UK | Registered: December 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Andrew David
posted Hide Post
See this thread on dream sketch cards which has some real beauties on it!

https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=476609053&f=954605353&m=5206019655&r=5206019655#5206019655

Posts: 1719 | Location: Derby, UK | Registered: December 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Wow nice scetches Card dude Smile

KADRAN00157

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of tialessa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Card Dude:
I am going to start collecting Martinek Thunderbirds sketches as I really like the amount of work and detail he puts into each of his sketch cards.

Let me warn you now - he does this with EVERY set.

<rambling mode on>
I went a little bonkers with his Galactica sketches because of it. Had to stop myself from doing the same thing with Conan (rent & bills DO have to be paid). Went back & got a few from Stargate & Farscape even though those were a little more cookie cutter (not that any artist can truly do that & no offense meant to any artist on the board). I've done my best so far to restrain myself with the Thunderbirds set. And have you looked at the Xena sketch samples he put up?
</rambling mode off>

Oh, and I also suggest you look at Czop's sketches too!

Posts: 5550 | Location: Georgia, USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Card Dude
posted Hide Post
I've seen the Xena ones, they are fantastic.

I have a Stargate one of his too.

As for Czop, he is also a brilliant artist, I had some of his sketches once but have them no more Frown

Posts: 1117 | Location: UK | Registered: December 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of make-mine-marvel
posted Hide Post
I've seen more than 100 STA Marvel Legends, and that is the best I've seen!

@Sketchcards on Twitter

Posts: 1817 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: June 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
My memorys a bit sketchy. Does that count. Big Grin

Posts: 28997 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NonSportzDude
posted Hide Post
I don't have many sketch cards but these are my favs.

http://davidscards.50megs.com/nonsport.html

Please note these cards aren't for sell or trade.

Posts: 74 | Location: Indianapolis, IN, USA | Registered: April 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
Picture of Over_Worked_Mom
posted Hide Post
My absolute favorite sketch amongst all my sketches is one from Marvel Creator's Collection, which I almost walked right by! Lucky for me, my sweet and darling husband saw it and dragged me back to the table where I immediately fell in love with it Smile If I knew how to post an image, I'd show y'all, but I am so non-technical, it's not funny!

Just ask stcardgeek Wink

Posts: 4053 | Location: Lansdale, PA | Registered: January 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of goldenavenger
posted Hide Post
I'm with Over_Worked_Mom on this one. I just tried to post a scan but I don't know how. Can anyone give some suggestions? I'd like to figure it out before just giving up and having someone do it for me. But just as hard as that is, is picking just one card as a favorite.

Tim

Posts: 1841 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: April 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
Here is mine.It is titled Asgard by the great Mr. Czop from Marvel Legends.

Sorry for the small size.

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10446 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Card Dude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by goldenavenger:
I'm with Over_Worked_Mom on this one. I just tried to post a scan but I don't know how. Can anyone give some suggestions? I'd like to figure it out before just giving up and having someone do it for me. But just as hard as that is, is picking just one card as a favorite.

Tim

To post an image just go to http://www.imageshack.us and upload the image there, then paste the URL of the uploaded image into your post Smile

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of goldenavenger
posted Hide Post
Let's see if this works. This should be showing the Hulk and Iron man by Czop from the Incredible Hulk 2003 series, done in pencil.

Now I think this will do it. I had somebody at work help me out. It seemed easy after someone showed me. Smile Of course my scanning abilities are not the best but I would think it should be good enough.

Tim

This message has been edited. Last edited by: goldenavenger,

http://www.comicartfans.com/Ga...etail.asp?GCat=25744

Posts: 1841 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: April 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of goldenavenger
posted Hide Post
Here's another favorite, but this one is from the Marvel Silver Age series by George Tuska done in pencil. There's a book coming out about him early next year and there should be some of my original published comic art and sketchagraphs in the book! Which to me is kind of neat.

Enjoy, Tim

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Card Dude
posted Hide Post
I think that Hulk sketch is amazing, makes me wish I had hung onto mine even more.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of goldenavenger
posted Hide Post
Here is Over_Worked_Mom's sketchagraph from the MCC98 series. It is Geirrodur by S.L. Ryan done in ink. I can see why it's her favorite!! LMK if I got all the info. right.

Thanks for sharing it!!!!
Tim

Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
I don't have that many, so my favourites are also my only sketch cards! That said, here they are!

from "Lexx" - sketch by Matt Busch.

from Star Trek 35th Anniversary - by Chris Bolson.

Ditto - but by a certain John Czop...!
Au Res.,
Paul (toying with the idea of getting the 'regular universe' version of Spock to 'match' this one...)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Quaint1,

http://www.cardcast.co.uk/
Twitter: @ukcardcast

Posts: 7202 | Location: Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
Picture of Over_Worked_Mom
posted Hide Post
Thanks for doing that for me! It's perfect

Posts: 4053 | Location: Lansdale, PA | Registered: January 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
Picture of Robert Kohlbus
posted Hide Post
Here's one of my favorite sketches.

Posts: 279 | Location: Jenkintown, PA | Registered: December 10, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post