Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... 101
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The mystery box
 Login/Join

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Are you saying the person who has stolen the paperwork is still posting on the board and therfore by definition you know who it is.

Other people must also know, can't something be done?

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of mtlhddoc2
posted Hide Post
as with trading, NSU cannot be responsible for a deal gone bad. If this person consitently ripped people off such as Mark or Dakota Hott, whatever his name is, then we may step in, but other than that........

Posts: 7774 | Location: Censored | Registered: November 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
Picture of Over_Worked_Mom
posted Hide Post
This is not as simple as "a deal gone bad" - this person's actions have affected the board as a whole - the tenor of this game, even the way people interact and behave has been altered by this one member's actions. The fact that this member, whoever he or she is, continues to post shows no remorse for their actions and someone like that is detrimental to us all.

Either the member in question should do the honorable thing and return to Barobehere the box, the list and/or especially the monies provided for the return of the box and/or list or Barobehere should inform the Board (ie Harris only) and asked that the member be banned.

Posts: 4053 | Location: Lansdale, PA | Registered: January 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
If this person is in the UK tell me who it is and i will go round and visit him after midnight when the moon is full. Mad Twak

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Silverback
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfman-golf:
If this person is in the UK tell me who it is and i will go round and visit him after midnight when the moon is full. Mad Twak

When the moon is full, are you werewolfman-golf Eek Big Grin

Smokin'

Posts: 6113 | Location: Illinois | Registered: March 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Neil
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Silverback:
quote:
Originally posted by wolfman-golf:

When the moon is full, are you werewolfman-golf Eek Big Grin

Smokin'

he has been known to come out on special occasions :P

er i too am kind of discouraged by the way this game has gone, it started off so cool, people excited that there was this box with a mystery in, but like pandoras box, a whole load of **** has come out of it Frown

As for the person who decided to keep the box, fair enough, as stated, anyone could keep it if they saw fit, but not returning the paperwork, or even money sent to them to return something, is just wrong in my honest opinion. I agree that harris should be sent whos name it is, and let him see fit if the person should be banned, of course we dont know WHY they ahvent sent anything so lets not all jump to conclusions and pointing fingers, mkay? Big Grin

just remember, secret santa soon Big Grin so start wrapping Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 1616 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
dang,i cant comment in here anymore,oh thats what i get for saying that in my last post,now this is the last post in this thread,but i have not said anything about the box,thank you for your time,brandocles

Posts: 1108 | Location: Tucson,AZ U.S.A | Registered: September 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
Let's change course from this moment.
Box B is Still Alive and well and was resently mailed off! Horray!

And if I ever figure out where I put my copy of mystery box paperwork, who says that a Box C might not appear in the near future.

However, I am many want to call the new one Sainta Maria.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of starwolf1001
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by barobehere:

good one B Thumb Up

"No Amount of therapy will ever make this moment ok."

Posts: 9361 | Location: grants, nm, usa | Registered: June 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by barobehere:
Let's change course from this moment.
Box B is Still Alive and well and was resently mailed off! Horray!

And if I ever figure out where I put my copy of mystery box paperwork, who says that a Box C might not appear in the near future.

I think you have done your bit, the whole idea was top class and I was pleased,excited and VERY surprised to get box B. But I would like to see the person responsible for not returning the list and the money for Box A BANNED from this site. No problem with keeping the box (that was in the rules) but the other elements are BAD Mad

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Arvin Sloane
posted Hide Post
I was quite shocked when my wife handed me this funky looking, appearently well traveled box yesterday. The return address looked familar, but I wasn't expecting anything from this person so I cracked the box for a quick look see.
To my surprise it was Mystery Box B. I honestly had no idea what this was about as I have never looked at any of the Mystery Box posts in the box breakdown section.
I've made my selection, given the remainding cards a new home(new inner box) and have replaced the shipping box as well.
Kudos to Barrett for this idea and also to all those who have played within the spirit of the game by taking only what they need for their collection. There are some nice items in the box!

Posts: 2206 | Location: SD6 Headquarters | Registered: April 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Congratters to you Arvin!!! Clap
Chris Big Grin

Posts: 4328 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
quote:
To my surprise it was Mystery Box B. I honestly had no idea what this was about as I have never looked at any of the Mystery Box posts in the box breakdown section.

An even better surprise for ya,good for you Thumb Up

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10448 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of G
posted Hide Post
Dance Woo Hoo.... almost sat on it... Box B found it's way here. Thought I'd ordered something and couldn't remember what it was. Some nice cards inside. Will be mailing it off on Monday.... Tks Arvin.... BOx was a bit beat up when it got here so did a little more building up on a second inner box. It should hold another couple of trips.

Posts: 364 | Location: Severn, Maryland | Registered: May 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Star*Mystyk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by G:
BOx was a bit beat up when it got here so did a little more building up on a second inner box. It should hold another couple of trips.

When i got it i had to change boxes, so used an old one that probably still had the sticker for what type of screws it used to hold, lol! I sure hope what's getting around now isn't the same one Shake Head that'd have to be a wee bit tatty by now Razz

Posts: 3225 | Location: AU | Registered: June 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted Hide Post
If I get this mysterious box and it needs repair- - I can fix anything - - (Where's my duct tape?? Superglue?? Chewing gum that lost it's flavor on the bed post overnight!!!) Eek

Posts: 2744 | Location: Haverhill, Ma. U.S.A. | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of willgull
posted Hide Post
Where is it now? Has it gone the way of the dodo? Haint heard nothing about it for almost 13 days......

Posts: 809 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
I was wondering about this myself...

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10448 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
I'm sure it will turn up

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of G
posted Hide Post
Arvin Sloane has it....

Posts: 364 | Location: Severn, Maryland | Registered: May 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post