Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 101
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The mystery box
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jack London
posted Hide Post
Hi all, if all goes according to plan (Great. I probably just jinxed myself), the WHOOOOSSHHH that is heard tomorrow afternoon will be the Spawn of the Mystery Box winging its way to the next lucky recipient!

I had a lot of fun with the box, filled some holes in my collection, and added a bunch of cool cards (and even a couple of sets) to the box. Hope that the next caretaker posts here when he/she/it receives it. Thanks again to not only the starter of the box, but also to all the good people who have had the box already. Let's keep this one going as long as we can! Surf

"Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes." Henry David Thoreau

Posts: 1553 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jack London:
Hope that the next caretaker posts here when he/she/it receives it. Thanks again to not only the starter of the box, but also to all the good people who have had the box already. Let's keep this one going as long as we can! Surf

That's the whole point of the boxes - keep them going Thumb Up

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cverdec
posted Hide Post
Well, I ABSOLUTELY was blown away when I got home today. Eek Sitting on the kitchen counter was my new NSU Thumb Up, my order for the 2 new sets of Legends of Star Trek Big Grin, and yes, you guessed it, The Spawn of Mystery Box Dance Bouncey Metal!!! I couldn't believe it!!

Andrew, thanks so much for thinking of me when you decided where to send it to next. I will be sifting through the many cards over the next couple days and will repenish and send it on it's way to the next unsuspecting recipient.

This TOTALLY made my day!! THANKS!! Thumb Up

Chris

Posts: 920 | Location: Woodbridge, VA | Registered: August 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jack London
posted Hide Post
I'm glad it got there safe and sound, Chris. Hope you have as much fun with it as I did. Wavey

"Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes." Henry David Thoreau

Posts: 1553 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Szym
posted Hide Post
Am I becoming blind or has there been no news of the US and UK mystery boxes for 2 weeks? Confused

Posts: 878 | Location: Paris, France | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cverdec
posted Hide Post
Syzm-

You are correct on the US box. I have gone through it, and am in the process of replenishing. It will be on it's way tothe next recipient soon. Smile

Chris

Posts: 920 | Location: Woodbridge, VA | Registered: August 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of tsmeltzer
posted Hide Post
Update on the boxes that I am coordinating:

I just received a BIG box of cards from another contributor. I now have more than 600 cards that I have split into 3 or 4 boxes (I still need to integrate the latest contribution).

I am placing EVERY card that I get into penny sleeves and then into Top Loaders (or if it is an auto or sketch, they go into screw-down slabs). This takes a LOT of time (not to mention money), but I am nearly done. I want to make sure that there is as little duplication as possible in each box - this means that I have to go through EVERY card and sort it into a category and then split things up accordingly. I am nearly done with that.

Now for my next challenge - the physical boxes themselves. I have yet to find a suitable box that will hold 150+ Top Loaders (not too big, not too small - just right). I think I have found a box that I can modify, but that will take some time as I want to make sure it is strong enough to survive the mail system and protect the cards inside. I have two boxes that I believe will work with some modifications. I have two others that have possibilities.

In any case, I still have some work to do before these get sent out. Sorry it hasn't gone faster, but life does get in the way of NS Trading card collecting.

So now for the question: Should I send these out in the next week or two and have them compete with Holiday mail traffic? Or do I wait and send them out on Boxing Day?

Bottom line - have no fear, the 4+ boxes of cards are safe and sound on a HIGH shelf, out of the reach of my 3 year-old son Smile I am not pilfering these boxes, and honestly, I am seriously considering not putting my name on the list to get them back, as I will be happy to get them out the door.

If anyone has questions, concerns, or suggestions about the physical boxes, please email me so that we keep this thread focused on the joy and wonder of the Mystery Boxes.

Cheers!

Tim

alternate email:
tim dot smeltzer at excite.com

Posts: 2625 | Location: Rockville MD | Registered: September 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Update on the boxes being put together in Europe.

I expect to be able to make 2 boxes filled with all sorts of good stuff.

These will not get caught up in the christmas post and so will go out after christmas.

If anyone has any questions about these please contact me and i will be happy to help out.

Thanks

Wavey

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the update on the New official boxes, Tim!

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tsmeltzer:
I am placing EVERY card that I get into penny sleeves and then into Top Loaders (or if it is an auto or sketch, they go into screw-down slabs).

Wow... I thought they were just thrown into a plastic box! Thumb Up

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of tsmeltzer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Redemption:
quote:
I am placing EVERY card that I get into penny sleeves and then into Top Loaders (or if it is an auto or sketch, they go into screw-down slabs).

Wow... I thought they were just thrown into a plastic box! Thumb Up

Even the $1 promos and inserts get a penny sleeve and Top Loader. These are like children that I am giving up for adoption. I'm dressing them up and making sure they go to someone who will love and care for them!

alternate email:

Posts: 2625 | Location: Rockville MD | Registered: September 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of starwolf1001
posted Hide Post
WOW, good to know that even after all this time the mystery box is continuing Smile

although.....after all this time i've never seen one in person.....just a passing thought Big Grin

"No Amount of therapy will ever make this moment ok."

Posts: 9361 | Location: grants, nm, usa | Registered: June 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of tsmeltzer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by starwolf1001:
WOW, good to know that even after all this time the mystery box is continuing Smile

although.....after all this time i've never seen one in person.....just a passing thought Big Grin

Starwolf...

You have to sign up! The sign-up thread is pinned to the top of this forum. What is it the lottery says - "You gotta enter to win" or something like that Smile

alternate email:

Picture of starwolf1001
posted Hide Post
wow, you go away for a few months and things sure do change Smile

"No Amount of therapy will ever make this moment ok."

Posts: 9361 | Location: grants, nm, usa | Registered: June 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of tsmeltzer
posted Hide Post
quote:

I hope for the better Smile Because I fear that much of the change is my fault...

alternate email:

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted Hide Post
Finally received my Mister E. box. Just cd's. Big Grin Big Grin Eek

Posts: 2744 | Location: Haverhill, Ma. U.S.A. | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I hope for the better Smile Because I fear that much of the change is my fault...

Don't you get thinking like that. Twak

This way of thinking leads to the dark side. Come over to the wolfie side where everything is smiley. Smile

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of SciFiMom
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3953 | Location: Utah, USA | Registered: March 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Bump yourself. Razz Big Grin

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of SciFiMom
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3953 | Location: Utah, USA | Registered: March 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post