Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 101
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The mystery box
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Neil
posted Hide Post
not really, the box has entered essex at one point :P just before it got to wolverhampton Smile

see keeping track is useful, i might make one of uk, so we can see where its gone.

Posts: 1616 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Dobby The House Elf
posted Hide Post
Just an FYI, Dobby is in Baltimore, MD USA and CSI Dave is in the UK.

Posts: 3469 | Location: The Cupboard Under The Stairs, 4 Privet Drive, Little Whinging, Surrey | Registered: September 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Star*Mystyk
posted Hide Post
I thought Dobby was in the UK. Don't know why I thought that *shrugs* and that was before the Location was altered to include that long explanation, lol.

Posts: 3225 | Location: AU | Registered: June 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Neil
posted Hide Post
no i knew dobby was in america somewhere but not sure where, and i knew csi dave was in uk, but people dont always put specific places, xsabx for example as well as some in america, so its kinda a guestimate, but i think the distance is for one, kinda accurate, and 2. amzing how far its gone, in terms of milage.

Posts: 1616 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
i SHOULD NOTE THAT BEFORE bATMAN GOT THE BOX, THE BOX WAS IN NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK WITH AN UNNAMED CARDTALKER.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Neil
posted Hide Post
ok well im at work tomoz, so on thursday i might make a better one, a map for the world, then for UK, as its smaller, and is one green blob Big Grin

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of DoctorChristmasJones
posted Hide Post
Box "A" has touched down in Carolina! Smile Big thanks to the Stuff Mistress for including me in the fun! Wave

I'm in the process of extracting some goodies and adding some more. The box should be headed to it's next destination in tomorrow's mail. I lost many Card Talk addresses in a computer crash earlier this year, but I've retained some and I randomly picked out of that batch.

Once again, kudos to barobehere for initiating this neat thing.

Posts: 2272 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I think Box B is somewhere very cold sitting waiting for someone to claim it. Big Grin

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of mtlhddoc2
posted Hide Post
what is the rough composition of the boxes??? are they mostly base cards with a few chase, or more heavily in chase? Just curious,because there may be a "Box C" floating around soon!

Posts: 7774 | Location: Censored | Registered: November 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
It is my understanding that the intention was not to put base cards in the box.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfman-golf:

Yep, that's my understanding as well.

Box is for chase cards, autos, pieceworks and promos not for base cards.

It was heavy enough to post with inserts in, I dread to think how much it would weigh if we started putting in spare base cards as well.

LW

Posts: 3862 | Location: UK | Registered: December 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of mtlhddoc2
posted Hide Post
Ok, well that settles it then, there will not be a box C, at least not from me, maybe I can get a bunch to chip in 10 or 15 cards for one at Seacaucus though

Posts: 7774 | Location: Censored | Registered: November 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
OFFSITE, THE IDEA OF A BOX "C" OR MORE HAVE BEEN DISCUSSED. HOWEVER, MOST EVERYONE CAME TO THE AGREEMENT THAT IF THERE WERE MORE THAN JUST THE TWO OUT THERE, IT WOULD MAKE IT SEEM "LESS SPECIAL". I KNOW BOX B WILL SHOW UP SHORTLY. IF IT DOESN'T SHOW UP IN ANOTHER MONTH...WELL LET'S TALK ABOUT THE "BIRTH" OF BOX C THEN!

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Dobby The House Elf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LesleyW:
quote:
Originally posted by wolfman-golf:

Yep, that's my understanding as well.

Box is for chase cards, autos, pieceworks and promos not for base cards.

It was heavy enough to post with inserts in, I dread to think how much it would weigh if we started putting in spare base cards as well.

LW

Just as a note. There were base cards in the original mystery box. Many of these were the damaged cards that I had to toss when I received the box. I believe the rough composition would be about 70% inserts 30% base cards. The thought was that if you took a base card, replace it with a card of similar value, just as if you took a promo or chase you should replace it with a similar in value card. The box probably doesn't have many base cards because of the generosity of the people here. I know I put in many chase and am sure others have as well.

Posts: 3469 | Location: The Cupboard Under The Stairs, 4 Privet Drive, Little Whinging, Surrey | Registered: September 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of DoctorChristmasJones
posted Hide Post
As far as I can tell, there are very few, if any, base cards in Box A. It's quite large now, too!

Posts: 2272 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of patonyfan
posted Hide Post
So how does one get on the list for the mystery box?? Sounds quite fun

Mike

Posts: 907 | Location: Bloomsburg, PA | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Martine
posted Hide Post
Wow, I just read this whole thread, I usually don't go much under this category... This is a really great thing we have going on!

By looking at Neil's map on the previous page, I noticed that neither box A nor box B had made its way to Texas yet. There are some very nice Card Talkers in Texas, you know Big Grin

I'm really glad to be a part of this community, it's heartwarming to see all the goodwill going on between so many different people from so many different places. And yes, this last sentence is genuine Big Grin

Later!

Wave

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Martine,

Posts: 407 | Location: South Texas, USA | Registered: June 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Star*Mystyk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfman:
I think Box B is somewhere very cold sitting waiting for someone to claim it. Big Grin

Well, it did go to a cold climate. Surely, though, it *has* to've arrived by now. Maybe the recipient is away, too busy to post. I hope they *know* about this mystery box thing, lol. I reckon everyone has by now, though.

quote:
Originally posted by wolfman:

Well, when i received B someone should have been a little more explicit on those details. That's all I'll say.

Barrett, I'll email you and let you know where I sent it. I also sent a trade to this person, but they haven't acknowledged receiving that, yet either.
If it doesn't arrive, well how about Box B Part 2? lol

Posts: 3225 | Location: AU | Registered: June 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patonyfan:
So how does one get on the list for the mystery box?? Sounds quite fun

Mike

Mike if you're here then you're on the list. Smile

It would help if you've traded with people on the board. As that means that someone who receives the box who may have traded with you will have your address. Hence, you'll be more likely to be sent the box. If you're not a very active trader on the board then you might be less likely to get sent one of the boxes.

Posts: 3862 | Location: UK | Registered: December 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Andrew David
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Martine:

I'm really glad to be a part of this community, it's heartwarming to see all the goodwill going on between so many different people from so many different places.

QUOTE]

Agree wholeheartedly with this ! Thumb Up

Posts: 1719 | Location: Derby, UK | Registered: December 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post