Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 101
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The mystery box
 Login/Join

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Latest news on the Euro box is that it is definatly happening. Clap

A few of us have got together and made contributions to get it off the ground.

It is not too late for you to contribute and if you would like to do so please contact me. Wavey

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
The first contributions to the Euro box have arrived. Clap

This is going to be fun. Smile

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
I have received a few e-mails about the new Euro box.

I think one of the biggest concerns is that since there is going to be a Euro box that the original box should become a North America box.

However, where do countries like Austriala fall?

When I created the first box, the object was to get the single box to go around the world as many times possible.

Yes, since The Mystery Box is my "baby" I am a bit concerned about this new turn for a just US or just EURO box is not in the spirit of the game.

What do the rest of you think? You can post here or e-mail me at Barobehere@aol.com

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Let me please make this perfectly clear.!!!!

Our box is being called the Euro box because it is being put together by cardtalk members from across Europe.

It is not and never was intended to just circulate around Europe when it is up and running and as with all the other boxes that have been started the recipient of the box is free to send it to whom and wherever they wish.

If anyone has any comments to make about the box or needs any more information please email me and i will answer your questions.

Ta very muchly. Wavey

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
The only problem I have a with the mystery box is that the chance that it's land in Europe is a bit small because of the many traders in US and not Europe. So with that difference it is usually going to circle in the US after a while.

But no offence to anyone. I'm really happy with the box and also contributed some stuff so we can start this very soon.

A belgian hiphop group

Posts: 3634 | Location: Belgium | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
The more boxes are circulating, the more chance anyone will once get one. And the more chance it will someday arrive in europe.

A belgian hiphop group

Posts: 3634 | Location: Belgium | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i live in australia,and hope one day to come home and find i have the mystery box Bouncey

i think both boxs should be sent anywhere and everywhere.

my thoughts anyway
ta

Posts: 158 | Location: australia | Registered: March 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of SciFiMom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by piperprue2002:
i think both boxs should be sent anywhere and everywhere.

Agreed! Thumb Up

Posts: 3953 | Location: Utah, USA | Registered: March 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by barobehere:

I think one of the biggest concerns is that since there is going to be a Euro box that the original box should become a North America box.

When I created the first box, the object was to get the single box to go around the world as many times possible.

Yes, since The Mystery Box is my "baby" I am a bit concerned about this new turn for a just US or just EURO box is not in the spirit of the game.

What do the rest of you think? You can post here or e-mail me at Barobehere@aol.com

I guess my answer depends on just how many times since the very first box and consequent boxes were sent out have they made their way across the pond and back?

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Redemption:
quote:

I guess my answer depends on just how many times since the very first box and consequent boxes were sent out have they made their way across the pond and back?

35 US residents have received one of the boxes
25 Non US residents have recieved one of the boxes

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
Picture of Over_Worked_Mom
posted Hide Post
That's a much more even split than I thought, Barrett.

Would I be upset about the boxes being exclusionary? Sure. Isn't that what's caused this? People upset because they think they'll *never* receive the box. So what about the next group that feels excluded? Do they make their own box then too?

Posts: 4053 | Location: Lansdale, PA | Registered: January 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Gerrard i got your email about the box but my replies to you are being blocked. Frown

Picture of arnaud lemauviel
posted Hide Post
The fact is that we named it Euro Box cause we wanted to share the box first with some other cards collectors living in europe ( we haven't got the same chance as collectors in USA who can easily buy cards, here all we have is Ebay and very rare shops)and then share it with anyone we would like ( from any country in the world )

Posts: 31 | Location: Saint Benoit des Ondes ( 35, France ) | Registered: March 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:

That's not bad at all.... Thumb Up

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Silverback
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Over_Worked_Mom:
That's a much more even split than I thought, Barrett.

Would I be upset about the boxes being exclusionary? Sure. Isn't that what's caused this? People upset because they think they'll *never* receive the box. So what about the next group that feels excluded? Do they make their own box then too?

Poor old silverback, he don't care how many mystery boxes there are! The more mystery boxes, the merrier for you all! Cool

Smokin'

Posts: 6113 | Location: Illinois | Registered: March 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:

That is a very good split. We hope to achieve the same with the box we are starting. Smile

Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
quote:

That is a very good split. We hope to achieve the same with the box we are starting. Smile

That's awesome! Thumb Up

To be honest I haven't followed this thread that closely and only seen US and Canadian members get the box...

... I think it's a great idea if the recipients posted what their lucky finds are since it would be more interesting than the usual, "Got the box, will be sending it out soon" type of response.

Though not a requirement of course. It just adds a bit of interest to the discussion.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of make-mine-marvel
posted Hide Post
for whatever it is worth - I will only be at my Birmingham address for 1 more month - then I will need to submit a new address for the MYSTERY BOX Smile

@Sketchcards on Twitter

Posts: 1817 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: June 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cverdec
posted Hide Post
Amen Batman!! Barrett started this all in fun, so let's keep it that way.

If there are multiple boxes again, GREAT!! Thumb Up Let's just go back to being excited that they are out there and congratulating htose who recieve it.

Wolfie, et al, thanks for starting another box. May it live a long and prosperous life, and circle the globe many time over. Big Grin

Chris

Posts: 920 | Location: Woodbridge, VA | Registered: August 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
Is there a deadline for sending contributions for the new box?

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post