Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... 101
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The mystery box
 Login/Join

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by The Promo Hunter:

The box will go out by Priority Mail tomorrow morning. Who will the next recipient be?

Is that International Priority? Big Grin

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Great to see a box back on the rounds Thumb Up

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Joe McKinney
posted Hide Post
The mystery box is on its way!

Posts: 976 | Location: Clayton, Alabama, U.S.A | Registered: January 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Joe McKinney
posted Hide Post
According to USPS delivery confirmation, the mystery box went out from the recipient's post office today. This means it should have been delivered.

Posts: 976 | Location: Clayton, Alabama, U.S.A | Registered: January 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Wendi
posted Hide Post
I got it, I got it!!!! Bouncey

I saw the box on my front porch and couldn't figure out what it was. I was trying to remeber if I had something coming from Ebay but didn't recognize the return address. I was so surprised and excited!!! I went through the box 3 times and thank god I did because the first time I was so excited I missed a couple things. I put in lots more than I took out, now there are 2 plastic boxes inside the white box which will be packed back in the brown box that came to me. Only it will have a new name on it!!!!

I want to send it to someone I know has never had it or is expecting it soooo....I have to see if I can get an address from Harris

Posts: 2211 | Location: IL, USA | Registered: February 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wendi:

I want to send it to someone I know has never had it or is expecting it soooo....I have to see if I can get an address from Harris

Great Idea Thumb Up

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Wendi
posted Hide Post
I was so excited yesterday that I rudely forgot to thank The Promo Hunter for sending it to me. THANK YOU!!!!!

I am having a hard time getting the address for the person I was going to send the box to next. Harris does not have it =(

I have one more source and if I can't get the address then I will have to pick someone else.

Posts: 2211 | Location: IL, USA | Registered: February 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Joe McKinney
posted Hide Post
Wendi,

You are welcome. I'm glad you found some good stuff for your collection.

I hope you can find the address you need. This was my first time to receive the mystery box and I hope you can send it along to another first timer. It really is a wonderful surprise.

Joe

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Wendi
posted Hide Post
It was my first time too, and I really enjoyed it!! I wish we could get more mystery boxes going because I really had fun getting it!

I think I have the address I need, sure hope it is the correct! I will be going to the post office after work so it will be on its way this evening!

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of starwolf1001
posted Hide Post
so, where in the world will it be going Wendi? Confused

"No Amount of therapy will ever make this moment ok."

Posts: 9361 | Location: grants, nm, usa | Registered: June 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Congratters Wendi, glad you found some things you needed. Clap

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of RupT
posted Hide Post
So whats score now???

how many boxes do we having flying about??

We have the mystery box which will be leaving Wendi sometime today.... Is this one of the original mystery boxes??

Is either box A or B still in existence??

And what about Wendi's Care Package/Box??

www.darthtailor.co.uk

Remove the "_NO_SPAM" before emailing me Smile

Posts: 4234 | Location: London, UK | Registered: September 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Wendi
posted Hide Post
I believe the 2 original mystery boxes are gone and I don't know whatever happened to my care package. This is the "Spawn" Mystery Box.

It left my area last night, it is staying in the US and going to someone that is probably least expecting it!!! I sure hope I had the correct address!

I can't wait, I am just excited for the next person as I was when I found it!!

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Wendi
posted Hide Post
I have reviewed all 47 pages of this thread and prepared a list of all the recipients and locations of Box A, Box B, The Care Package and The Spawn.

I did this because I wanted someone to get it that never had it before. I would like to share the list on this thread and we can just add to it each time someone new gets a box but I do not know if that would cause any problems. So I am asking first so I don't get Twak

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a question for Barrett! I have no problem with it, other then it would be best if the names were all in one post, rather then multiple posts. Groupee only allows so many posts.

So maybe it would be best if you started a new post called "Mystery Box Recipients" or the like and kept appending the original post with the names of those who received the mb. What do you think? I nominated Wendi as official MB Tracker...unless Barrett wants the post.

And while we are on the subject of this type of thing, I would like to see us start another post/thread where those who were interested would offer me their permission to give out their address solely for the purpose of mailing you the mystery box. I have many of y'alls names and addresses from your profile, subscriptions, orders, etc. and have received a couple of requests for addresses from members asking me for addresses and I have felt very uncomfortable doing so. So if we had a list of those who are cool with me doing so, then I would feel like I am covered. If everyone is cool with this, I'll offer to be this clearinghouse but I nominate the same person who acts as MB Tracker to be the one that keeps a single post updated with these member names.

Cool?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: H_Toser,

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Wendi
posted Hide Post
I would be glad to help out with tracking. Barrett, what do you think?

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have reviewed all 47 pages of this thread
:

Eek

Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
OK, HERE IS THE RUNDOWN
Box A is dead.
Box B was taken out by hurricane Katrina. It came back to me with 99% of the cards with 50% of more water damage on each card. It had to be scrapped and I have yet to put a replacement into play. Basicly my new business, my son is now in kindergarden(lots of afterschool projects and homework), and a major health crisis has kept me busy.
Care Package-- I have no clue where it went.
Spawn of.... is out there.

Wendi has asked and I think it is an excellent Idea for her to make a list of everyone who has receive any of the boxes. If you have receive any of the boxes drop her a nice e-mail with
You card talk id and location and which box(es) that you have receive with MYSTERY BOX RECEIPTIANT in the header line.

Barrett

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of terihatcherfan
posted Hide Post
Box B was taken out by Hurricane Katrina?! Oh my Gosh, what are the odds of that!? Shake Head

Has the thread been started for us to give our permission for our address to be given out? I definitely want to be on the list, I'd love the mystery box!

Olly X

PS- I hope everything is ok at home Barrett. Smile

Posts: 481 | Location: South Yorkshire, UK | Registered: October 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Star*Mystyk
posted Hide Post
quote:
I believe the 2 original mystery boxes are gone and I don't know whatever happened to my care package.

From my point of view that care package doesn't count as that's between you and your buddies, not open to the entire community as Barrett's were.
Though, I'm sure others who haven't received any of them may think the same about them all.
It's not a case of who you know, but rather who you haven't had a spat with/disagreed with.

I know I will never see any of them again as I'm not liked by some here. But those some are ones who have some say in what goes on around here. Or direct links to The Powers That Be. And no, I don't mean Mods.

I hope that many of the people who haven't received it do so, regardless of their location.
If I (the Ebay postage complainer) can send it to Norway anybody can.

*sigh* It's 4am I'm going.

Posts: 3225 | Location: AU | Registered: June 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post