Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 101
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The mystery box
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
As I have already stated, the concept of the original MB's was GREAT, as is the concept of the new ones, I Clap all the work done by Tim & Wolfie and I hope the boxes last a long time without getting lost, Kept or people moaning that they haven't had a box or that Box 3 looks better than box 1. All I said was that it was strange that somebody asked to receive a box because they had contributed some cards.
It's the people that moan and complain that X has got more than y that spoil all the fun.

Now i must go as I do actually have a life Smile

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:

That isn't offensive, it is a fact borne out in previous posts, that some contributors have asked for that. The fact may be offensive but I didn't write the fact.

I'll have to re-read the previous pages then as I don't remember reading that.

In any case, I contributed to both Tim and Wolfie with no real expectation or demand of ever seeing a box show up at my door.

Still don't.

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Szym
posted Hide Post
Okay, I have just re-read the previous page and I think I understand now: people are angry because Arnaud seems to have made a deal with Wolfie about getting a box in exchange for cards.
So, just to make things clear, he is the only one who did this, I think (hope). On that, I agree with OWM, it is wrong. But I trust Wolfie will not fall into that trap.
And I still say that you should not ditch the tree because of some rotten apples.

Posts: 878 | Location: Paris, France | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of SciFiMom
posted Hide Post
Just in case anyone missed it, I mailed out the Spawn of the Mystery Box TODAY. Wavey

Posts: 3953 | Location: Utah, USA | Registered: March 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SciFiMom:
Just in case anyone missed it, I mailed out the Spawn of the Mystery Box TODAY. Wavey

As if you could be missed Angelina!
Well, only if you stop posting! Frown

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I spotted it, well done Angelina. Clap

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of SciFiMom
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3953 | Location: Utah, USA | Registered: March 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I must say i cannot believe some of the comments being made in this thread by people who only think they know what is going on. Twak

Both Tim and myself are working very hard to make this a success and are being supported by some very good members of the board. If either of us have made a mistake along the way what we need is help in putting it right for the benefit of all and not abuse and accusations of things that are simply not true.

The Euro boxes are not even made yet let alone been alledgedly allocated to anyone.

If anyone wants to talk to me about what they think is happening they can allways send me an email and i will put their mind at rest.

In the meantime we will get on with what we started which is trying to provide all the people of this board with something nice that they can be proud of.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of tsmeltzer
posted Hide Post
What Wolfie said... I would be happy to discuss this with anyone offline (in email).

I think this thread should get back to celebrating the wonderful concept and implementation of the "Spawn of the Mystery Box" that Barrett and Wendi have going.

alternate email:
tim dot smeltzer at excite.com

Posts: 2625 | Location: Rockville MD | Registered: September 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
And as I said earlier ALL THE BEST and well done on creating these boxes. I REALLY do hope all goes well.

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SciFiMom:

Clap Glad this one is still going

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of tsmeltzer
posted Hide Post
quote:
And as I said earlier ALL THE BEST and well done on creating these boxes. I REALLY do hope all goes well.

Thanks Hammer! I know that you do, and I know that your concern was simply to maintain the openness and the spirit of the original Mystery Box. That is what I am hoping (and working) for as well.

alternate email:
tim dot smeltzer at excite.com

Posts: 2625 | Location: Rockville MD | Registered: September 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arnaud lemauviel
posted Hide Post
Wow when I saw tonight what happened during the last days, I see that the post I sent when I agreed the rules for Euro box was mis-understood ( I'm french and as it's been a longtime I haven't been speaking english, I may have not been as explicit as I wanted ) I do appologize for all the problems it leaded to. If someone as questions or wants more details write me to arnaud.lemauviel@hotmail.com (you can also speak with me on MSN using this adress, if I'm online.).

Posts: 31 | Location: Saint Benoit des Ondes ( 35, France ) | Registered: March 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tsmeltzer:
quote:

Thanks Hammer! I know that you do, and I know that your concern was simply to maintain the openness and the spirit of the original Mystery Box. That is what I am hoping (and working) for as well.

And I know you'll do your best to uphold the spirit Thumb Up

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Due to one abusive email too many i will no longer accept anymore donations for the euro boxes. Shake Head

I would like to thank all the people who have been supportive and donated items for the boxes. Clap

I am discussing with Harris the way forward from here.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jack London
posted Hide Post
What began as a pretty awful day turned into a happy day when I discovered the Spawn of the Mystery Box sitting on the table! (the box, not me) Dance

The day had been quite icky until I got home from work and my girlfriend said that there was a box for me from Angelina. My first thought was that Angelina Jolie had sent me a present of some sort for being such a devoted fan(atic) of hers. But then I thought, "Hey. I know that A.) SciFiMom had just had the mystery box, B.) Her name is Angelina, and C.) Angelina Jolie probably doesn't have my address. My steeltrap-like mind deduced/induced/whatever that this is most likely the Mystery Box! And it was! Elephant

Very excited and happy to get a chance to look through it completely. Already found several Twilight Zone insert cards that I needed. I expect to be done with this box and have it winging its way to the next lucky recipient within a week or so.

Thanks again to SciFiMom for picking me and for the good people who started this box. I have some pretty neat additions that I will make to this box and will post here again the day after I mail it out. Surf

"Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes." Henry David Thoreau

Posts: 1553 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jack London
posted Hide Post
Thanks cverdec, it is a lot of fun going through the box. I have already found a good number of inserts, promos, and even a couple of autographs I needed. Have some neat additions to replenish the box. Thanks again to Scifimom for sending the box my way. Neat idea! Thumb Up

"Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes." Henry David Thoreau

Posts: 1553 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Glad to see you having a great time with the box. Thumb Up

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Well done Tim. Clap

We are following along behind you and will be ready soon.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
I'm glad all has been sorted, the original debate was (I believe) worthwhile and cleared the air. I know Tim & Wolfie have the original concept in mind (anybody that sent abusive e-mails were out of order). I shall be signing up for the European boxes Thumb Up