Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 ... 96 97 98 99 100 101 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The mystery box
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by barobehere:
Well, it lasted almost 4 years.
I think once multiple boxes started flying around The Mystery Box lost a bit of it's charm and the rapid increase in postage cost helped killed the boxes.
Still, I was glad I started it all those years ago.
Maybe I should start something different and new.

Well, Barrett, it was a fantastic idea on your part. Really true to the spirit of 'trading' cards. I got it once, about 3 1/2 years ago I think, and I LOVED it, so if you do start something different and new, I look forward to it!

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of willgull
posted Hide Post
Barrett...I too received the original mystery box (I believe I was the 2nd peron to ever get it)and patiently waited for oh so many years to get another and put oodles of cards into it. Alas, it appears that they are gone and forgotten by most. I have now transferred ownership of the majority of the cards I set aside for the box to my kid and his buds. However, as the above poster stated, if you are to start something new, please count me in. Such a shame that a fantastic idea was not carried on as all who signed up for it/them agreed to do.

Razz

Posts: 809 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Unfortunatly over the years people have recieved the box and for whatever reason have not passed it on as they agreed to do.
I think over that time there must have been about 10 of these boxes started and sent out to the people who had signed up for it.

The fact that not one of them is moving is all a bit sad really and a kick in the teeth for all the people who helped to get them off the ground.

I still hope that the people who have them will suddenly post that they are sending them on to someone else.

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kennywood:
I don't understand how this could happen. Perhaps one box might get lost in the postal system, but surely not all of the disappearances can be attributed to the same cause.

If someone signs up to receive a Mystery Box, they get the privilege of exploring its contents, but they also assume the responsibility of sending it on in a timely manner to the next recipient. Don't sign up for the privilege if you're not going to accept the responsibility. If you don't think you can afford the shipping cost, remove your name from the list.

I'm sorry, but this REALLY irks me. Barrett worked long and hard to create something really special for us and this is how his efforts are repaid?

I appreciate this, but I am not angry and I hope no one else is either. At best, I hoped that this would last for a year maybe two. The fact that it went on for 4 years is amazing to me!

Things happen. The original box came back to me shortly after Katrina completely destroyed. I was able to salvage the list of people who got the box out. That list is somewhere in the 99 pages of thread on this. Buy this time there were 3 or 4 boxes that had spawned off this one and I did not feel the need to replace it.
I gave up control to Tim a long time ago and he did a great job. Everyone give him a hand. Wendi was fundamental in keeping track of things with me when she was on the site. Give her a hand too. Even WolfmanGolf(wolfie's original name for those who don't know) kept track of his version of the Mystery box. Credit goes to him too.

My son(age 8) and I have have an idea we are working on for a new game. Look for it soon.....

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by barobehere:

I am not angry and I hope no one else is either.

I'm not angry but i am dissapointed. When people promise to do something i think they should do it and in the case of some of the boxes this simply did not happen.

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JoeyUK
posted Hide Post
How about just having country exclusives? (i.e a box for/to send round the UK collectors and one for the US/Canadian collectors)
That might be easier to keep track with.
I'd love to join in with something like this.
Or as Barobehere said, think of something totaly new.
Just my thoughts

Posts: 460 | Location: West Yorkshire | Registered: December 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This will be M. Knight Shyamalam's Next Movie,Where are The Boxes

Posts: 1108 | Location: Tucson,AZ U.S.A | Registered: September 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Good news. One Eurowolfie box has been tracked down and will soon be on it's way to a new member of the board. Smile

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Boldlygone
posted Hide Post
That IS good news Thumb Up

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If faced with a difficult choice/decision, Remember this - WWKD.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Never give up - NEVER surrender

Posts: 4214 | Location: Flitwick, Bedfordshire, England | Registered: July 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of raider5gt
posted Hide Post
Great news Wolfie,the mystery boxes were going well last year but then it all seemed to of gone all quiet.

Posts: 437 | Location: Gloucester UK | Registered: July 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Even greater news. Smile

I have now tracked down a second Eurowolfie box and this will also be back in circulation shortly. Clap

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Boldlygone
posted Hide Post
Whooooo Whooooo Thumb Up

Will it soon be time to Party in the the Buckton Houshold?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If faced with a difficult choice/decision, Remember this - WWKD.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Never give up - NEVER surrender

Posts: 4214 | Location: Flitwick, Bedfordshire, England | Registered: July 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of john the hat
posted Hide Post
I doubt it Paul it did say a new member !!!!!

Posts: 1115 | Location: England | Registered: March 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I did not mean new as in recent, just another member of the board. I have no idea who the two people will send them to.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
As nice as that news is, it's still a bit sad that people have to be "tracked down" in order to get these boxes moving again. I remember when I received one of the original mystery boxes I thought of it as a privilege and was excited to get it on to the next person.

-Bob-

Posts: 2767 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
A new game is afoot! Check out Cross-Country Cards in the general card section!

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheUberBob:
As nice as that news is, it's still a bit sad that people have to be "tracked down" in order to get these boxes moving again. I remember when I received one of the original mystery boxes I thought of it as a privilege and was excited to get it on to the next person.

-Bob-

Have to agree - People have put themselves forward for these cards and should have the manners to pass them on quickly. I hope all of those that have held on to boxes will be excluded from ALL future NSU activities

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i think its a real shame for everyone that some people fail to stick to the rules, there are a lot of people on this board that never got one of the boxes (including yours truly) and would have loved the opportunity to have been involved.

As often happens the odd few spoil it for the many.

Shame on you!

David

Posts: 357 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of john the hat
posted Hide Post
well thats been a week WHERES THE BOXES

Posts: 1115 | Location: England | Registered: March 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
We got movement on the Cross-Country Cards game!! Check it out in the general card section.