Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 101
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The mystery box
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
we just started sending everything to Wolfie so I still think you can send it to him. Just send him an e-mail and he will explain everything to you.

A belgian hiphop group

Posts: 3634 | Location: Belgium | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
I've already contacted wolfie about the box. I just wanted to check that I had some time to send my contribution. I'm hoping to send it this week.

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Don't worry you have time. I am waiting for a few people yet who have suggested they will donate.

More the merrier. Dance

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of charmedmad
posted Hide Post
wolfie send me address please mate and i will send some things in mate

Posts: 4508 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: March 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Address sent. Thank you very much. Wavey

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of charmedmad
posted Hide Post
welcome how bigs the box?

Posts: 4508 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: March 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
The Box should only be 100 cards to keep the cost of mailing it LOW.

For every 1 card you take you are to replace 1 card.

At times I have heard that the box had swelled to 1000s of cards and someone removed all the singles and reduced it back to 500 cards. Still 100 cards should be the standard.

Posts: 5777 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of charmedmad
posted Hide Post
it was just i am going to send in a full charmed destiny base set for it

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by barobehere:
The Box should only be 100 cards to keep the cost of mailing it LOW.

This is best to be honest. Base sets are nice but they are heavy and fill the box. I will have to wait until everything arrives before making any firm decision on contents.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of piper_rulez
posted Hide Post
Can we start another mystery box in the US? This Euro box sounds really cool and since there is only 1 box circulating in the US, I think we should start another one. I'll gladly give up some of my extra cards I have laying around here. Smile

Posts: 1112 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of tsmeltzer
posted Hide Post
Piper,

I am gettinng closer and closer to starting another box... I will post here if I do so, and maybe we can get a group of folks to contribute a few cards to it (so it is not all Buffy stuff). I need to take some time to figure out just how much I have and how much I want to put into it. I will try to figure out a plan by the end of the week.

I am thinking promos, inserts, autos, and PW cards. I am also thinking of doing some sort of initial rotation among the folks who contribute so they get a fair chance at it. Lots to think about, but I do have some ideas. Most of all, I want it to be fun and easy.

alternate email:
tim dot smeltzer at excite.com

Posts: 2625 | Location: Rockville MD | Registered: September 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tsmeltzer:
I will post here if I do so, and maybe we can get a group of folks to contribute a few cards to it (so it is not all Buffy stuff).

Okay, that made me laugh Tim... Big Grin

If you do I'll contribute some extras. Thumb Up

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi_Collector
posted Hide Post
I have extras to add if there is a another mystery box to be added in the US.

Count me in.

Posts: 1602 | Location: Nevada | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of John Oder
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am thinking promos, inserts, autos, and PW cards. I am also thinking of doing some sort of initial rotation among the folks who contribute so they get a fair chance at it. Lots to think about, but I do have some ideas. Most of all, I want it to be fun and easy.

If you do promos, Auto's, PW ect.... You should have it were you put back the same kind of card so it stay's balanced as to the type's of cards. If you take a Auto put a Auto back.

Posts: 943 | Location: Jesup, GA 31546 | Registered: March 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of tsmeltzer
posted Hide Post
OK.. so, it sounds like we have the following folks interested in contributing to a new box:

piper_rulez
Redemption
Scifi_Collector
and me

I think we are very close to achieving critical mass here.

John O.... thanks for your thoughts on the "replacement policy" I was thinking of something similar as a rule.

More later (maybe tonight if I can get my son to go to sleep at a reasonable time).

alternate email:

Posts: 2625 | Location: Rockville MD | Registered: September 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Cardz_house
posted Hide Post
I will have quite a fair bit to contribute too if the box does ever get to Asia

Some of my traders: Star*Mystyk, davelennox, Jack London, Chris Byrne, TAT, spidergoblin, Brimaster, cverdec, mac13, mars53, Ryan Cracknell, wuher, angelchick182, FRANK AMICO, batmancity, Card Reaper, Over_Worked_Mom, Dewman, THX2112, venom5liter, batmancity, barobehere, KADRAN00157, browninga5m, trade-a-card, FCB, wolfie, ghostrider666, Brian A. Davis, s8zaphod, Cee_Jay

Posts: 1451 | Location: Singapore | Registered: January 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi_Collector
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John Oder:
If you do promos, Auto's, PW ect.... You should have it were you put back the same kind of card so it stay's balanced as to the type's of cards. If you take a Auto put a Auto back.

In theory, the rule is great, but I don't see it happening. I may not have a one for one replacement, but I may have 2 costume cards for an auto, or a really good auto for 2 very common costume cards.

It may be fair to say "take what you need" and "replace with equal value".

Sending and receiving the box is done on the honor system. It would be hard to be policed and it shouldn't have any finger pointing if one person took more than another.

Besides that, I look forward to supplying the box and hopefully receive it one day.

Posts: 1602 | Location: Nevada | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of tsmeltzer
posted Hide Post
Scifi_Colector...

VERY good point. I too am thinking something along the lines of "replace with equal value". The honor system works well among us collectors, as long as the "rules" are well known and agreed to.

alternate email:

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I think we've started something here. Big Grin

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of piper_rulez
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am thinking promos, inserts, autos, and PW cards.

Thats a good idea. But what about people who need common/base cards? As I look at other people's want lists I see a lot of common card wants. Should we make a seperate mystery box for common/base cards? If people think this is a good idea, maybe I could start this box. Smile

Posts: 1112 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post