Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 101
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The mystery box
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Szym
posted Hide Post
Thumb Up These rules are great!
I hope you will do the same as Tim and that you will send some boxes to the people who send you cards Wink.

Posts: 878 | Location: Paris, France | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arnaud lemauviel
posted Hide Post
Wolfie could you send me a copy of the rules please ?
Thanks Thumb Up

Posts: 31 | Location: Saint Benoit des Ondes ( 35, France ) | Registered: March 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
Are the rules going to be posted here?

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
The rules are going to be posted here by Tim when he is ready.

If anyone wants a copy of them please drop me an email.

Arnaud your email is not in your profile. Wavey

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of tsmeltzer
posted Hide Post
Planning to post the rules once I hear back from Michele (hint hint Smile). I want to have everyone who contributed agree to the rules before I make them public. Soon, I hope!

alternate email:
tim dot smeltzer at excite.com

Posts: 2625 | Location: Rockville MD | Registered: September 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Rules sent to John and Bruno. Wavey

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
wolfie can you sent me a copy of the rules. Email in profile. Thanks.

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
rules sent. Thumb Up

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
rules recieved. Thumb Up

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Wolfie

Rules received and read, Fine by me.

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Thumb Up

posted Hide Post
quote:
Rules sent to John and Bruno.

Wolfie, it was not Bruno it was me Arnaud lol ( Bruno is my father) . Rules Received and as long as the first ones who will receive the boxes are those who contributed to make them (as we said when we started making the boxes ), I'm ok Thumb Up .

Posts: 31 | Location: Saint Benoit des Ondes ( 35, France ) | Registered: March 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of piper_rulez
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tsmeltzer:
Planning to post the rules once I hear back from Michele (hint hint Smile). I want to have everyone who contributed agree to the rules before I make them public. Soon, I hope!

Oops. Twak I forgot to send a reply email back to you about the rules. Sorry about that. The email was just sent.

Posts: 1112 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
Picture of Over_Worked_Mom
posted Hide Post
quote:
as long as the first ones who will receive the boxes are those who contributed to make them (as we said when we started making the boxes ), I'm ok

Why don't I remember that? Not that I was counting on seeing the boxes, but that makes it a bit cliquish, no? Seeing how many people contributed it would be months before anyone outside of that circle saw one ...

Posts: 4053 | Location: Lansdale, PA | Registered: January 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't worry Over_Worker_Mom what I was saying was for the European boxes . If you don't remember it, it's because it was in e-mails Wolfie and I sent to each other when I agreed to help him make what we wanted to be the EuroBox.

NSU Elf
Picture of Over_Worked_Mom
posted Hide Post
Uh - ok. But, that's worse, in my opinion.

Since I don't know the details, I'll refrain from making any specific statement, but I will say this :

IF anyone had a private conversation in which he or she wanted preferential treatment in receiving the box in exchange for goods and services, this is wrong. Why should such a person be granted anything - shouldn't everyone who contributed to the box be treated equally- from the guy who sent in 50 loose singles to the guy that provided 1000 rare promo cards - you get my meaning?

In other words, I would hope that the gentlemen putting together these boxes would not grant any special treatment to a single individual OR that they would then extend the "special" treatment to all donors. It's just not right to say "X" is more important that "Y" becaus he/she donated "more" or "better" ...

Posts: 4053 | Location: Lansdale, PA | Registered: January 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of tsmeltzer
posted Hide Post
And now that I have a concensus on the rules, I will start another thread with the rules for the three boxes I am coordinating. As to who will receive the boxes first, I am planning to place the names of the contributors to the US boxes into a "hat" and draw two. These two will be the first recipients of two of the three boxes. The third box will go to a person of my choosing (all of the people who contributed agreed to these terms and conditions as well as the rules).

As everyone will see when I post the rules, there are some rules that are meant to keep the boxes moving.

alternate email:

Posts: 2625 | Location: Rockville MD | Registered: September 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
Joanna, I believe Tim plans on posting the rules once the boxes are ready to go out for everyone to read. He just wanted the input of those contributing if they thought they were okay.

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
Oops... Tim beat me to the punch line. Big Grin

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of tsmeltzer
posted Hide Post
Rules and signup threads posted... Let the games begin. BTW, I still need to figure out which cards go in what box (to make sure there is a nice mix in all three). I will draw the two names after I have the boxes ready. I will mail all three boxes together, and I will NOT say who I sent them to. I will also post how much it cost to mail the boxes (so other folks know what it will cost them). Cheers!

alternate email: