Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 101
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The mystery box
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of tsmeltzer
posted Hide Post
packages received today from John and Rachael! Thanks!!! Metal Clap Thumb Up This is looking more and more like two boxes (and maybe even three, depending on what I get over the next few days). Can you feel the excitement? I am excited, and I know what is in the box... you all should be trembling with anticipation and excitement. I can't wait to send out the box(es). Bouncey

alternate email:
tim dot smeltzer at excite.com

Posts: 2625 | Location: Rockville MD | Registered: September 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
wolfie posted my contribution this morning, a little later than planned. You should get it in the next day or two.

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arnaud lemauviel:
Hey Paul, half of my familly comes from United Kingdom Wave ( so I'm not really french )

Hey don't apologize for being French.... it's not really a bad thing.
And it could be worse. You could be from Cardiff. Wink Big Grin

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AJJ27UK:
wolfie posted my contribution this morning, a little later than planned. You should get it in the next day or two.

Thank you. Wavey

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
So far i have recieved contributions from............

Peter in Belgium Clap

Arnaud in France Clap

Rogers in USA Clap

Paul, Colin & John in the UK Clap

Thanks very much. I know some more are on the way which is great and if you still wish to contribute it is not too late so please contact me. Wavey

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
Wow! I can't believe how fast it got to you wolfie! I don't think Tim has received mine yet. Eek

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of tsmeltzer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Redemption:
Wow! I can't believe how fast it got to you wolfie! I don't think Tim has received mine yet. Eek

Hopefully I will see it today... I will post when I do Smile

alternate email:

Posts: 2625 | Location: Rockville MD | Registered: September 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of tsmeltzer
posted Hide Post
Box of cards received today from SciFiCollector! Thanks!! Metal Clap Thumb Up

I was thinking that this box was going to be mostly Buffy... boy was I wrong! Lots of Buffy stuff, but also LOTS of Star Trek, Marvel, Xena, Bond, and more... And it is looking like two boxes for sure - maybe even three! I am still waiting for cards from 5 people!!

I am so excited to get these boxes out there! Hopefully next week. Be looking for another thread with the "rules of engagement" and the sign-up (give your OK for Harris to release your address).

alternate email:

Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
I can't believe my package to England made it before the package I sent you at the same time Tim. Eek

It's not looking good for the home team post office. Shake Head

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
So far i have recieved contributions from............

Flobe in Germany Clap

Peter in Belgium Clap

Arnaud, Isabelle and Frederic in France Clap

Rogers and Chris in USA Clap

Paul, Alan, Colin & John in the UK Clap

Thanks very much. I know some more are on the way which is great and if you still wish to contribute it is not too late so please contact me. Wavey

This message has been edited. Last edited by: wolfie,

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of tsmeltzer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Redemption:
I can't believe my package to England made it before the package I sent you at the same time Tim. Eek

It's not looking good for the home team post office. Shake Head

Hoping to see it today! I can't wait to see what else is coming. So far, there is very little duplication, and there is a nice variety of cards. What do you all think about doing themed boxes (Whedon, Marvel, Star Trek, Bond)? Or should I just put a mix of each of the above in each box?? I am only worried about splitting up insert sets. I guess I should wait until I have all of the cards. I may have more than enough so that I don't have to worry about it.

alternate email:

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi_Collector
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tsmeltzer:
What do you all think about doing themed boxes (Whedon, Marvel, Star Trek, Bond)? Or should I just put a mix of each of the above in each box?? I am only worried about splitting up insert sets.

Themed boxes sound good, but I would hope you don't do that. By keeping a mixed box, gives me and others a chance to collect cards that they never thought to collect.

Posts: 1602 | Location: Nevada | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
Glad to see my contribution arrived safely.

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of tsmeltzer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi_Collector:
quote:
What do you all think about doing themed boxes (Whedon, Marvel, Star Trek, Bond)? Or should I just put a mix of each of the above in each box?? I am only worried about splitting up insert sets.

Themed boxes sound good, but I would hope you don't do that. By keeping a mixed box, gives me and others a chance to collect cards that they never thought to collect.

As I was typing it, I thought it sounded less and less like a good idea.... I am planning mixed boxes unless someone comes up with a VERY compelling reason to do themes. I will just have to try not to split up insert sets as much as possible, while spreading the goodies around between the boxes.

alternate email:

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
We are getting a lot of chase cards coming in and i think we will have enough to make two boxes by the time we have finished. Smile

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Chrisahend
posted Hide Post
quote:

quote:

As I was typing it, I thought it sounded less and less like a good idea.... I am planning mixed boxes unless someone comes up with a VERY compelling reason to do themes. I will just have to try not to split up insert sets as much as possible, while spreading the goodies around between the boxes.

I would definitely recommend mixed boxes. The items I sent probably won't fit under one of the themes and I included several items from each set specifically so you could put some in each box.

Chris H

Posts: 869 | Location: Birmingham, AL | Registered: November 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of tsmeltzer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chrisahend:
quote:

quote:

I would definitely recommend mixed boxes. The items I sent probably won't fit under one of the themes and I included several items from each set specifically so you could put some in each box.

Chris H

Chris...

I am sold on the mixed box idea. The "theme" idea sounded good in my head just long enough for me to type it Smile I am hoping to end up with enough cards for three mixed boxes:

The Happy Happy Joy Joy box
Pandora's Card Box
AND
A third box that is yet to be named. Some good ideas from John Oder... any other thoughts?

alternate email:

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of piper_rulez
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am still waiting for cards from 5 people!!

My cards were sent to you a few days late. I don't have enough time in the morning to get to the post office so I asked my mom to drop it off in the mailbox thing. Then as I am looking through all the papers on the computer desk, I see the envelope with cards under a stack of bills. So I mailed it I think 2 days ago. Hope it arrives soon. Smile

Posts: 1112 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
Let's name the 3rd box:

"Hooray, loook what did I received today"-box

It's really great that there are a lot of new boxes coming in play.
We just need a new list with receivers, because I think the old list may be a bit to dated.

A belgian hiphop group

Posts: 3634 | Location: Belgium | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Peter cloet:
Let's name the 3rd box:

"Hooray, loook what did I received today"-box

The Lamont Configuration box. Metal