Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 101
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The mystery box
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of tsmeltzer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by piper_rulez:
quote:
Originally posted by tsmeltzer:
I am thinking promos, inserts, autos, and PW cards.

Thats a good idea. But what about people who need common/base cards? As I look at other people's want lists I see a lot of common card wants. Should we make a seperate mystery box for common/base cards? If people think this is a good idea, maybe I could start this box. Smile

piper... the problem with commons is that there are so many of them from so many different sets. Which ones do you include? maybe a different box for commons would be a good idea Smile

alternate email:
tim dot smeltzer at excite.com

Posts: 2625 | Location: Rockville MD | Registered: September 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of piper_rulez
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
I am thinking promos, inserts, autos, and PW cards.

Thats a good idea. But what about people who need common/base cards? As I look at other people's want lists I see a lot of common card wants. Should we make a seperate mystery box for common/base cards? If people think this is a good idea, maybe I could start this box. Smile

piper... the problem with commons is that there are so many of them from so many different sets. Which ones do you include? maybe a different box for commons would be a good idea Smile

I was thinking that a common/base card mystery box would incude a few cards from a few different sets. Like I have a bunch of Angel Season 1 common cards. If I were goign to put some Angel Season 1 commons in the box it would only be a few(maybe about 10-15 cards) since we want to leave room for other sets also.

So should I start making the box? Big Grin

Posts: 1112 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
My personal opinion is that a box for just common base cards would not work.

I think you would be better putting a list up of the sets you have commons from and inviting people to contact you if they need any.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Szym
posted Hide Post
Wavey What about a box with 100 promos? If there is interest, I can start one without any help this week.
So, who wants promos? Wink

Posts: 878 | Location: Paris, France | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Email sent. Wavey

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Szym
posted Hide Post
Email answered.

Posts: 878 | Location: Paris, France | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of piper_rulez
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:

I think you would be better putting a list up of the sets you have commons from and inviting people to contact you if they need any.

After I thought about it a little more, I starting thinking that it might not be such a great idea to have a common/base card box. Maybe it could be a box with commons and promos?

Posts: 1112 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Starchild
posted Hide Post
quote:
OK.. so, it sounds like we have the following folks interested in contributing to a new box:

piper_rulez
Redemption
Scifi_Collector
and me

I think we are very close to achieving critical mass here.

John O.... thanks for your thoughts on the "replacement policy" I was thinking of something similar as a rule.

More later (maybe tonight if I can get my son to go to sleep at a reasonable time).

Count me in for a contribution. Smile

Posts: 603 | Location: CT | Registered: March 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of tsmeltzer
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:

After I thought about it a little more, I starting thinking that it might not be such a great idea to have a common/base card box. Maybe it could be a box with commons and promos?

Piper... I am hoping to include a good number of promos in the box I am trying to assemble. If you would like to start one that is commons and promos, you can certainly do so Smile I still hope you will help with the one I am assembling.

alternate email:

Posts: 2625 | Location: Rockville MD | Registered: September 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of tsmeltzer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Starchild:
quote:
OK.. so, it sounds like we have the following folks interested in contributing to a new box:

piper_rulez
Redemption
Scifi_Collector
and me

I think we are very close to achieving critical mass here.

John O.... thanks for your thoughts on the "replacement policy" I was thinking of something similar as a rule.

More later (maybe tonight if I can get my son to go to sleep at a reasonable time).

Count me in for a contribution. Smile

Updated contributors list:

piper_rulez
Redemption
Scifi_Collector
John Oder
Starchild
and me

Will each of you please email me (so I have your email addresses) and I will send you back a list of the cards I am planning to include. That way, we can keep the dupes to a minimum.

Thanks!

Tim

p.s. I need box name suggestions...

alternate email:

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of John Oder
posted Hide Post
quote:

Taking a quote from the Ren & Stimpy Show. The happy-happy-joy-joy box.

Posts: 943 | Location: Jesup, GA 31546 | Registered: March 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of tsmeltzer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John Oder:
quote:

I like that! We may have a winner... I better get out the colored marker and make it LOOK like the HHJJ box Smile

alternate email:

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
Okay Tim... Email sent! Thumb Up

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Komodo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John Oder:

Joy! Dance

You guys are alright LOL

Posts: 1206 | Location: St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada | Registered: June 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
Ren & Stumpy were okay, but I was always more of a Pinky & the Brain fan myself.

Brain: There's only one ride that interests me - the incredible thrill ride of taking over the world! Metal

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of John Oder
posted Hide Post
My wife is the big Pinky and the Brain fan. I more of an Adult Swim Fan. Venture Brothers, Oblongs, ect... Anything off the wall. Eek

Posts: 943 | Location: Jesup, GA 31546 | Registered: March 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
maybe the box can be a log ( Wink Ren & Stimpy)

A belgian hiphop group

Posts: 3634 | Location: Belgium | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of piper_rulez
posted Hide Post
quote:
Updated contributors list:

piper_rulez
Redemption
Scifi_Collector
John Oder
Starchild
and me

Will each of you please email me (so I have your email addresses) and I will send you back a list of the cards I am planning to include. That way, we can keep the dupes to a minimum.

Email sent.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of tsmeltzer
posted Hide Post
Emails received from all but Starchild... I have the list of cards I am putting in prepared, and I will send out tonight (hopefully right after I receive Starchild's email).

alternate email:

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Starchild
posted Hide Post
Email sent!

Seems these days I can never make it to the computer until later on at night. Bouncey

Posts: 603 | Location: CT | Registered: March 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post