Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 ... 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... 101
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The mystery box
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
I've just had one of the boxes crash on my doorstep Thumb Up Not sure which one it is though. Could whoever sent it to me please email as there isn't a list of previous recipiants.
Thanks, mystery sender Clap

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
there isn't a list of previous recipiants.

Yes there is. Twak

Oh, er, not that i would know as anyone could have sent it to you. Elephant

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of tsmeltzer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
I've just had one of the boxes crash on my doorstep Thumb Up Not sure which one it is though. Could whoever sent it to me please email as there isn't a list of previous recipiants.
Thanks, mystery sender Clap

Graham,

Is there a picture on the side of the box? Something like a "puzzle box"?

alternate email:
tim dot smeltzer at excite.com

Posts: 2625 | Location: Rockville MD | Registered: September 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Boldlygone
posted Hide Post
If you are referring to the Lament Configeration Box, when I sent it to Wolfie, the picture of the hellraier Box
was on the inside.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If faced with a difficult choice/decision, Remember this - WWKD.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Never give up - NEVER surrender

Posts: 4214 | Location: Flitwick, Bedfordshire, England | Registered: July 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
It's ok he has it now. Thumb Up

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of EriktheArchitect
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by wolfie:
Wolfie has the Lament Conifig Box. Clap

Terihatcherfan has the Euro goodwill Box.

Mister E has the Ren & Stimpy box.

Starwolf has the Logans Run Box in transit.

Fire8rays has the Euro Treasure Chest.

Where are the others.???????

Glad to see the Eurowolfie Treasure Chest is still making the rounds!

Posts: 1162 | Location: Just NW of Hazzard County Georgia USA | Registered: December 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Why are the boxes not moving.??? Confused

Elephant Mad Twak

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of starwolf1001
posted Hide Post
don't know what to tell you wolfie

sent Logan's Run to Europe over a month ago and haven't heard anything since Confused

"No Amount of therapy will ever make this moment ok."

Posts: 9361 | Location: grants, nm, usa | Registered: June 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
Can you contact the recipient through email?

I would love to know where the boxes are because it's really quiet in here.

A belgian hiphop group

Posts: 3634 | Location: Belgium | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of tsmeltzer
posted Hide Post
It has been more than a month and only one of the boxes has moved (Lament Config). Where are the rest? Why aren't they moving?

I am disappointed to say the least. Frown

alternate email:

Posts: 2625 | Location: Rockville MD | Registered: September 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
Another will be moving in the morning Thumb Up

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
Could maybe everybody who has a box post it because it looks like we lost the track of most of the boxes.

A belgian hiphop group

Posts: 3634 | Location: Belgium | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of charmedmad
posted Hide Post
i just contacted olly to see if he has still got his box or not or if its been sent on as soon as i get email back from him will let you know.

Posts: 4508 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: March 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
it's very quiet in here. Does somebody know something. Confused

A belgian hiphop group

Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
The only thing that I know is that way back when I started The Mystery Box there was a reason I had a limit on the number of boxes. I started with 1 which balloned to three. With so many boxes out the "rare" event of getting a Mystery Box has become a commonplace event. There is no urgency to send a box out if there are 12 of them out there to look for! If the eyes of the entire forum is not on the one but dozens there is so much less pressure to keep it going. Just my opinion.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
The idea of having so many boxes was so that people would not have to wait so long to get one.
The reality ( it seems to me ) is that virtually all the boxes that have been sent out since day 1 have vanished into thin air along with their contents.
If people did not want to send them on they should not have put their name down to recieve them.
I hope they all suddenly reappear and start circulating again but i am not holding my breath.
This was a great idea which we tried to improve and expand upon but everyone involved has been let down by the people who got the boxes and did not send them on.
Since the start there must have been nearly a dozen boxes and care packages started and sent into circulation and i cannot remember the last time someone said they had recieved one.

It is all very dissapointing after all the work that went into them. Shake Head

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of tsmeltzer
posted Hide Post
To all concerned: Until the boxes resurface and start circulating again, I will not be adding any new names to the list of folks interested in receiving the boxes.

alternate email:

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
I will contact my sendee to find out what's happened to it.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WarriorBabe
posted Hide Post
I'm really dissapointed that members haven't stuck to the rules eg re-send within 2 weeks.
As far as i'm concerned, putting your name down to recieve a box is a consent to those rules.
If someone doesn't stick to them, barring a good reason, they should be taken off the list to recieve boxes in the future.

Posts: 1959 | Location: UK | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of hollypop
posted Hide Post
A few people have my address due to some trading I've done with them but I've never received a mystery box.

I know it's supposed to take awhile before a person is to get one but I just wanted you all to know that I don't have it/any.

Posts: 1458 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: May 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post