Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 101
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The mystery box
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of piper_rulez
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi_Collector:
quote:
Originally posted by Peter cloet:
great, the boxes are travelling.
I hope everybody will have a lot of fun with it and can find something they need.

I did, I did!! Bouncey Elephant Bouncey

I can't believe it. I received the box.
I was stunned. I never thought i would actually get it. My family looked at me like I was crazy.

Here is how it went:

I was in the house in my daughters room helping her clean up, when my partner Matt walked in saying "What's up with this bomb?"

I looked at the box and the return address says Mr. Timothy Smeltzer. Boy that name sounded familiar, and this box weighs a ton. Wait a minute, could it be, "Me", I got the box. Matt looked at me and said "You need to get a life" LOL!!

Everything in it is great. Thanks to Tim for all of your hard work and everyone for their donations.

I've gone through the box twice now, making sure I didn't miss anything. Confirmed what I already had (had to put some back) and this is what I have picked out:

Spike PW1 coat from Buffy with redemption card.
(completes my set, I already had the PW2)
Chris Henderson Tin Man B&W preliminary sketch from Wizard of OZ. (My first sketch from Wizard of OZ)
Firefly P-UK promo (The last card I needed, I now have the Master set of Firefly)
Smallville SM3-1 Promo
Angel Season 2 AL-1 promo

I will have this box shipped to the next person during this week.

About the box: Tim - Is the picture from Battlestar Galactica the original Series?

Congratulations! both for getting the box and completing a master set Smile

Posts: 1112 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WarriorBabe
posted Hide Post
It is great to see Mystery Boxes in circulation again Smile

Posts: 1959 | Location: UK | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of tsmeltzer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi_Collector:
About the box: Tim - Is the picture from Battlestar Galactica the original Series?

Phil,

Sounds like you got "Box" from "Logan's Run"... one of my favorite movies, and an appropriate name for a container of cards Smile Congratulations on completing Spike and FF.

Tim

alternate email:
tim dot smeltzer at excite.com

Posts: 2625 | Location: Rockville MD | Registered: September 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
cool great to this happening. And naming the box Logan's Run- BRill A cool book and a cool film.

Posts: 306 | Location: australia | Registered: April 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of tsmeltzer
posted Hide Post
Special NOTE: For the four recipients of these boxes - please remember to post in the Mystery Box Recipients thread that is "stickied" at the top of this Forum. That way, the kind Wendi can update the list Smile

alternate email:

Posts: 2625 | Location: Rockville MD | Registered: September 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tsmeltzer:
the kind Wendi can update the list Smile

Is Wendi still on the board, i have not heard from her for like forever.?

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of tsmeltzer
posted Hide Post
She signed up for the "new" MBs.... that may have been the last time I saw her around?

alternate email:

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of jademaliburoad
posted Hide Post
Maybe she gets automatic notifications of the Box Recipients thread

Posts: 1188 | Location: France | Registered: April 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Wendi
posted Hide Post
I am alive and well and miss you all (especially you, Wolfie!). I am working 2 jobs now (to pay for all the traveling I have been doing) and my son just moved back home on Jan. 1st so I have been busy, busy, busy. I have not been on ebay, or CardTalk in ages. I try to pop in for a few seconds here and there but haven't caught up with what is going on. I have a stack of magazines that haven't even been open in months! When the box arrived, I had no idea what it was and to my surprise I received the Ren & Stimpy box!!! I have gone through all the cards and kept 2 Charlie & the Chocolate Factory Cards that I did not have, a Superman card and a LOTR sketch which was cool!

I added 70 promo cards!!

I updated the Recipients thread with the 3 new boxes, Pandora's, Logan's Run and Ren & Stimpy. What is the 4th box?

I will try to get the box out this weekend. I will have to look through the list and get an address from Harris.

Bye everyone and thanks for remembering me!! Wavey

Posts: 2211 | Location: IL, USA | Registered: February 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of tsmeltzer
posted Hide Post
Wendi,

Great to see you! The fourth box is "The Lamont Configuration" - the name of the box from the movie Hellraiser... And just for the record, the Logan's Run box is really just "Box", the name of the robot in the ice caves who preserves the escapees of the domes on their way to Sanctuary. The picture on the side of the box is "Box" welcoming Logan 5 and Jessica 6 and voiced by Roscoe Lee Browne.

Also, SciFi_Collector is in New York (I am in Rockville, but all I did was coordinate these four new boxes).

In any case, I am pleased that you were surprised and that you found some cards you wanted. Also pleased that you stopped by for a chat Smile Thanks to you and Barrett for starting all of this.

Tim

alternate email:

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jack London
posted Hide Post
Keep all those boxes going! Dance

"Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes." Henry David Thoreau

Posts: 1553 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Komodo
posted Hide Post
Great to hear how revitalized this program is. Kudos to all who've made it happen!

Posts: 1206 | Location: St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada | Registered: June 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Wendi
posted Hide Post
quote:
And just for the record, the Logan's Run box is really just "Box", the name of the robot in the ice caves who preserves the escapees of the domes on their way to Sanctuary. The picture on the side of the box is "Box" welcoming Logan 5 and Jessica 6 and voiced by Roscoe Lee Browne.

Tim

Tim, do you mind if we leave it called Logan's Run Box? I think since there are 4 boxes we need more descriptive names to refer to them then just "box". Just a thought. Let me know if you feel strongly about changing the name to just box and I will.

Posts: 2211 | Location: IL, USA | Registered: February 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of tsmeltzer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wendi:
quote:
And just for the record, the Logan's Run box is really just "Box", the name of the robot in the ice caves who preserves the escapees of the domes on their way to Sanctuary. The picture on the side of the box is "Box" welcoming Logan 5 and Jessica 6 and voiced by Roscoe Lee Browne.

Tim

Tim, do you mind if we leave it called Logan's Run Box? I think since there are 4 boxes we need more descriptive names to refer to them then just "box". Just a thought. Let me know if you feel strongly about changing the name to just box and I will.

Wendi,

I am good with calling it the Logan's Run Box Smile I guess I was trying to be a bit too clever with choosing "Box" for the name of the box... Twak

alternate email:

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Hi Wendi. Wavey

Nice to see you are still here. Hope you are all smiley. Smile

As for missing me, well, it is perfectly understandable and nothing to worry about. Big Grin

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of tsmeltzer
posted Hide Post
Wendi,

I HATE to be a pest about this, but I have to make sure that credit goes where it is due. The four boxes I coordinated were a group effort - I did contribute cards, but so did 8 or 9 other folks. Does it matter with regards to the recipients thread that I am more the "coordinator" than the "initiator"? Or is it semantics? Wave

alternate email:

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Wendi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Wendi,

I HATE to be a pest about this, but I have to make sure that credit goes where it is due. The four boxes I coordinated were a group effort - I did contribute cards, but so did 8 or 9 other folks. Does it matter with regards to the recipients thread that I am more the "coordinator" than the "initiator"? Or is it semantics? Wave

Ok, I did not know that. I changed it to say "coordinator w/ many contributors". Is that ok?

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of tsmeltzer
posted Hide Post
Wendi,

That works for me Smile Thank you for doing so... Metal

alternate email:

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of flobe
posted Hide Post
I got one box from Tsmeltzer today!!!

I had to pay $38 at the customs for it...

I took a few promos and 1 Sketch card and replaced them with equivalent cards.

The box will again ship next week.

Posts: 792 | Location: Germany | Registered: June 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Nice one Flobe. Smile

Not sure about the customs charge though. Shake Head