Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 ... 97 98 99 100 101 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The mystery box
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I think They are all down for the count,Who would of Thunk it

Posts: 1108 | Location: Tucson,AZ U.S.A | Registered: September 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
is this officially the end?
I find it very disappointing.

A belgian hiphop group

Posts: 3634 | Location: Belgium | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
both games are dead.
All we need is a moderator to come along and lock the threads up and throw away the key!

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Barrett and i do not seem to agree very often but in this case i fear he is correct. Shake Head

I feel very bad for all the people who contributed time and effort to this over the years only to see it all end like this.

Would the next mod to read this please turn out the lights and lock the door.

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of raider5gt
posted Hide Post
If the people who sent the boxes out to the next person before they stopped should know who they are?

Good on you guys to do it,shame on the people who kept them Twak

Posts: 437 | Location: Gloucester UK | Registered: July 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of jademaliburoad
posted Hide Post
It was something very fun, it's sad to see it end up like that.

I thank again all the people that made it possible over the years.

Posts: 1188 | Location: France | Registered: April 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of tsmeltzer
posted Hide Post
I am with Wolfie and Barrett on this - time to end this. I am beyond disappointed,

alternate email:
tim dot smeltzer at excite.com

Posts: 2625 | Location: Rockville MD | Registered: September 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
I had gotten an e-mail about 2 weeks ago from a member saying he had one of the boxes and was requesting an address to send it on to. He said it goes lost in a pile of stuff and he was embarrassed about holding on to it for so long. He said he would be sending it out soon. Has no one received that? I don't want to name names (of either the procrastinator or the intended recipient).

Posts: 12994 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of make-mine-marvel
posted Hide Post
As a side note - I was able to play in this game once last year & loved the experience - So much in fact, that I started one on a sportscard trading board that worked slightly different ...

20 people signed up for a specific box - All 20 of the addresses were IN the box. You crossed your address off as you received the box ... so each of the 20 people got to play, then the box ended up where it began, so the starter eventually got his "investment" back. Then we started it up again with a new 20 people.

If anyone was interested, I don't mind starting a box, and signing 20 people up. Of course, we would lay down some rules - like you have to have over 100 posts, and be in good standing, etc.

Anyways ... something to chew on ...

@Sketchcards on Twitter

Posts: 1817 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: June 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of make-mine-marvel
posted Hide Post
OKAy - this is what I'm brainstorming with a 20 person sign-up ...

A box of 100 cards:

70 promos
20 set inserts
10 premium (costume, autos, sketch, etc).

Replace whatever you take - an auto with an auto, a promo with a promo, Never leave the box with more or less than 100 cards. Don't try to take advantage of the system (by replacing a medium-tier auto with a $1.00 auto).

This way the box is light & easy to ship - if it moves twice a week, it's home by February 2009.

Each stop can even be pre-planned, and delivery confirmed, so it CAN'T be lost ...

(NOTE: this is not the sign-up, this is only the discussion thread ... it it's a "GO" then we'll start a new thread.)

@Sketchcards on Twitter

Posts: 1817 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: June 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
Would it be international or would each country/area be better having there own box?

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I think it should be everyone all in together or it is not worth doing.

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi_Collector
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:

Its been proven many times that everyone all in together does not work.

I am all for the 20 address system with mandatory delivery confirmation. I think delivery confirmation only costs 60 cents so its not a great expense. Thumb Up

I also think it has to be country specific. Meaning If it started in the US, It has to stay in the US. That way the delivery confirmation can be confirmed.

Do other country's have their own tracking system that is inexpensive?

Posts: 1602 | Location: Nevada | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
If we all go back to the start of the mystery box, there were ground rules similar if not the same to what is being mentioned-100 cards in the box, replace what you take with a similar level card. Since I started it I heard all sort of stories-the box swelling to 1000s of singles in the box, someone replaced everything with chase cards of dumped products that no one wanted, my favorite was someone want to get the box back because they did not mean to place a card in the box--three months AFTER they mailed it off!

I was always for the box going all over the world so that everyone felt included, however, that was over 4 years ago and with the cost of postage skyrocketing I can see the merit of starting a North America and Europe box. But then what about Austraila? We have several members there. That is where the rule making gets tricky.

Something that sould be said is that I had a SASE in the original mystery box so that if anyone got the box and did not want to send it on, then they could send me the list with the names of everyone who got the box(that did not happen-which makes me sad). However, I always knew that at some point the box was going to stop moving.

We also need to rebuilt the community. Maybe because we were all new members and felt that we could make Cardtalk a great place then we tried to get to know each other and help each other out a few years ago. We need to get the site fun again.

That being said if anyone wants to try a new game, I am willing to see that it works.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi_Collector:
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:

Its been proven many times that everyone all in together does not work.

Just to be clear, when i said that i meant i was ok with just the 20 people but the 20 should be worldwide, i could have worded it better.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of john the hat
posted Hide Post
waste of time

This message has been edited. Last edited by: john the hat,

Posts: 1115 | Location: England | Registered: March 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
i agree, but it will never happen.
shame that these people are still here, yet wont admit it!

Posts: 4328 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
Hey all,

I will step up and admit that I screwed up and never mailed out the Euro-Wolfie mystery box when I received it. It had gotten buried under some stuff and forgot about to be honest with you. The cards all sat untouched for a very long time.

Now I will say that the box has officially been sent out to someone else on the list thanks to some help with Harris. And even that got delayed because of some family health issues that I had no control over. I did the only thing I could do to make up for it, I packed that box to the rim with as much cool stuff as I could. SDCC promos going back 3 or 4 years worth, some inserts, etc.

My apologies for taking so long for getting it out, it was never intentional and mistakes happen.

John the Hat calling for a witch hunt of names is completely out of line in my opinion however. Twak

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Thanks very much for sending the box on Jake. As you know i am aware of the problems you have been having and i very much appreciate you finding the time to do this. Wavey

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
You think I came forward because of your post John? Please. Wolfie has been aware of it, as has Harris. I haven't been in hiding, or any of the sort. If that was the case I never would have posted or even admitted to having it.

It's called puff puff pass John, stop hogging it all and share.

I do the right thing and I get talked down to with such condenscention? *shakes his head* I'm done.

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post