Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 ... 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 101
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The mystery box
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of charmedmad
posted Hide Post
i have never recieved a box and been a member on here over a year

Posts: 4508 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: March 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of charmedmad
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm really dissapointed that members haven't stuck to the rules eg re-send within 2 weeks.
As far as i'm concerned, putting your name down to recieve a box is a consent to those rules.
If someone doesn't stick to them, barring a good reason, they should be taken off the list to recieve boxes in the future.

i like that and totally agree there

Posts: 4508 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: March 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Having your name on the list doesn't mean you will get a box, but those people who have them and have kept them should be ashamed (if that is what has happened)

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of jademaliburoad
posted Hide Post
As it is the holidays maybe some forget to send it. Everyone who has send one should check their tracking and email their recipient to find out wat's going on. It's harder to track multiple boxes.

Posts: 1188 | Location: France | Registered: April 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of tsmeltzer
posted Hide Post
Updating the recipients of the four boxes I coordinated. I have marked in RED what I know of the current status of each box. Please feel free to update with newer information:

Pandora's Box
tsmeltzer (coordinator w/ many contributors)
piper_rulez Massachusettes, USA
MIA

Logan's Run Box
Scifi_Collector New York, USA
Chrisahend Birmingham, AL
make-mine-marvel: Woodstock, GA
miket999: Warrenton, Va
cverdec: Fredericksburg, VA
Spidergoblin, Amarillo,TX
Starwolf, Grants, NM
Sent to Europe?

Ren & Stimpy's Box
Wendi Downers Grove, IL, USA
Mister E. Haverhill, MA, USA

The Lament Configuration
flobe, Germany
Soul-on-Fire, Germany
Patdata, Ireland
Boldlygone, England
Rita, England
Neil, England
Boldlygone, England
Wolfie, England
Graham, England

alternate email:
tim dot smeltzer at excite.com

Posts: 2625 | Location: Rockville MD | Registered: September 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Soul-on-Fire
posted Hide Post
I can't believe that all 4 boxes have vanished.
And I totally agree that people (without a very good reason to delay the send off) should be taken off the list if they don't comply with the rules.

Shake Head Mad

Posts: 608 | Location: Germany | Registered: October 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Silverback
posted Hide Post
For once it's not my fault because I didn't put my name on the list so I didn't get one! Shake Head

Smokin'

Posts: 6113 | Location: Illinois | Registered: March 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Soul-on-Fire:

I can't believe that all 4 boxes have vanished.
Shake Head Mad

It's worse than that. All 7 boxes have vanished plus all the ones before those. Roll Eyes

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:

plus all the ones before those. [/QUOTE]

I know the fate of the of the three that I was in charge of. 1 was not send on by choice,which was a option in the original box, that you could not pass it on if there was a notification to me that you were doing so. One hit a scammer that would not pass it on. The final box was destroyed by hurricane Katrina. It came back to me waterlogged and all the cards were waterdamaged beyond redemption.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arnaud lemauviel
posted Hide Post
This is really bad news Shake Head, with 7 boxes and 82 people on the list we were supposed to have a chance to see almost twice a year a box land in our mailbox Roll Eyes. Please if you've got one let us know...

Posts: 31 | Location: Saint Benoit des Ondes ( 35, France ) | Registered: March 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of jademaliburoad
posted Hide Post
I think it is really too bad for all the people who made this possible. Maybe it was too much?

I hope a couple will surface anyway, so the fun will continue.

Posts: 1188 | Location: France | Registered: April 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Anybody that has decided to keep one should leave this forum and not come back

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tsmeltzer:

The Lament Configuration
flobe, Germany
Soul-on-Fire, Germany
Patdata, Ireland
Boldlygone, England
Rita, England
Neil, England
Boldlygone, England
Wolfie, England
Graham, England

I believe Graham has sent the box on to somebody

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Boldlygone
posted Hide Post
Here here. I commend hammer's motion to the house

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If faced with a difficult choice/decision, Remember this - WWKD.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Never give up - NEVER surrender

Posts: 4214 | Location: Flitwick, Bedfordshire, England | Registered: July 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of tsmeltzer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
quote:
Originally posted by tsmeltzer:

The Lament Configuration
flobe, Germany
Soul-on-Fire, Germany
Patdata, Ireland
Boldlygone, England
Rita, England
Neil, England
Boldlygone, England
Wolfie, England
Graham, England

I would welcome his confirmation of doing so... and maybe a private email to me indicating who he sent it to.

alternate email:

Posts: 2625 | Location: Rockville MD | Registered: September 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Cardz_house
posted Hide Post
Maybe not a ban. More appropriate measure could be to blacklist them and prevent them from further joining in such activities.

Some of my traders: Star*Mystyk, davelennox, Jack London, Chris Byrne, TAT, spidergoblin, Brimaster, cverdec, mac13, mars53, Ryan Cracknell, wuher, angelchick182, FRANK AMICO, batmancity, Card Reaper, Over_Worked_Mom, Dewman, THX2112, venom5liter, batmancity, barobehere, KADRAN00157, browninga5m, trade-a-card, FCB, wolfie, ghostrider666, Brian A. Davis, s8zaphod, Cee_Jay

Posts: 1451 | Location: Singapore | Registered: January 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post

I would welcome his confirmation of doing so... and maybe a private email to me indicating who he sent it to.

Graham has said that he posted it and he is trying to get in touch with the person he sent it to.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Neil
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
Anybody that has decided to keep one should leave this forum and not come back

I cant comment on that, since i dont know what tot say...

I remember with the original idea of the mystery box that was made by barobehere, that if someone decided to keep it, they could. If the postage was too much, or what ever reason, they were allowed to.

They had to say though in here or via email to barobehere.

Posts: 1616 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of tsmeltzer
posted Hide Post
The rules were slightly different for the 4 boxes I coordinated. If someone couldn't send it on, they were supposed to let me know, and I would arrange for shipping back to me.

In any case, the purpose of the MBs is so that people get a chance to choose some cards from a box that they might not otherwise get to and replace them with some other cards and then send it on. If you can't afford to send it on, then don't sign up.

alternate email:

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of charmedmad
posted Hide Post
i totally agrre with what tim has said if they have it longer than the 2 weeks specified then a blacklist or mark should be put next to there name. or if they are not going to bother sending to anyone then dont sign up.

and let the people that would like to have a box get one.