Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 101
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The mystery box
 Login/Join

Picture of Fire8rays
posted Hide Post
Same here as I am so new I am invisible still.

Posts: 156 | Location: Kansas | Registered: May 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Star*Mystyk
posted Hide Post
Box B was hand-delivered by my local postie this morning. It arrived in identical packaging to a trade that came at the same time, so I assumed it was something forgotten posted separately. Not that I knew what the heck that could've been.
I removed some cards for my sister, and added a bunch. Before I tape it up I'll be adding something unique to my corner of the planet Smile
(No, it's not a kangaroo Razz)

I'll be posting it this afternoon (my time), to an unsuspecting member. I've a fair idea who to. All I'll say is that it's in Zone 5 in the Aust Post Postal Charges Booklet Wink

Thank you to the sender, going by your message it may have been a tough decision.

Posts: 3225 | Location: AU | Registered: June 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Byrne:
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
How is contact made ?

For example....
If you have recently traded with a person, they may think that you deserve the box.
They then send it to you, in secet.
It is all about connections.
You need to have traded with a person that has not yet had the box, and who has your address to stand a chance.
Hope this helps clarify things -- Chris Big Grin

Not quite. There has been two cases(That I know of), where some effort was made to find the address of a cardtalk member, because the current holder of the mystery box, wanted to send it to that particular card talker for whatever reason. Maybe they liked that person's post. Maybe something nice was said, or funny, or that cardtalker tend to agree with their own views. The only connection was the site.

Everyone needs to remember that there are only 2 boxes(And lets keep it that way) and the boxes are being mailed globally. Box "B" has been to 11 US states and now Austrailia in only 10 weeks.

My vision when I started this was that the box would survive for at least a year and make it to at least 50 member(Approx 1 member a week). Here we are at 10 weeks, the box was split into two and we already have over 20 members who have received the box(es)! It is going better that I hoped.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Star*Mystyk:

. Before I tape it up I'll be adding something unique to my corner of the planet Smile
(No, it's not a kangaroo Razz)

Is it a can of Coca Koala. Big Grin

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
Before anyone starts to worry, I will probably be sending off Box A at some point in the next week or so. I just have to work out to whom I am sending it!

Actually, I wonder if anyone is going to get both boxes at any stage in the proceedings?
Au Res.,
Paul

http://www.cardcast.co.uk/
Twitter: @ukcardcast

Posts: 7202 | Location: Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Neil
posted Hide Post
as time goes on probably, are they marked Box A and Box B on the inside, so you know which is which???

Star, have you put some crocodile jerky in there?? or emu, or kangaroo :P

Posts: 1616 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Yes it tells you inside if you have box A or B.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Star*Mystyk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Neil:

I don't know about crocodile, but i wouldn't be surprised if there was Emu or roo jerky someplace.
There was an email getting around about Aussies inparticular, and one part said that we're the only nation that eats the animals on our Coat of Arms, lol! That we do. I haven't had Emu, but have had roo sausages and hamburgers. After my sister hit a roo coming back from a weekend of snowboarding, i don't eat kangaroo or wallaby anything anymore. The roo was a mess, and so was the front of the car, lol! Ewwww!

Hey, if I put a small boomerang in the box, it might come back at some point Razz lol!

Posts: 3225 | Location: AU | Registered: June 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
A "bumper" meal Big Grin

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
My prayers have been answered . A photo of one of the boxes has appeared in the summer contest thread . I now touch my screen in hope Wink

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
My prayers have been answered . A photo of one of the boxes has appeared in the summer contest thread . I now touch my screen in hope Wink

Oh so close,yet so far away...

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10448 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Kristy
posted Hide Post
Ooh Ooh!! I've had emu jerkey and ostrich jerky!!

Emus is good, a little tough. Ostrich was icky, greasy, yuck!

Posts: 1042 | Location: Modesto, CA USA | Registered: November 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted Hide Post
So FAR AWAY - That's where the "Mystery" Box is. Has anyone in New England seen it???????????

Posts: 2744 | Location: Haverhill, Ma. U.S.A. | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Plenty of people in old England have seen it. Big Grin

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Boldlygone
posted Hide Post
I haven't Frown

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If faced with a difficult choice/decision, Remember this - WWKD.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Never give up - NEVER surrender

Posts: 4214 | Location: Flitwick, Bedfordshire, England | Registered: July 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of T3MAN
posted Hide Post
Just a quick note, if by chance I am on the address list, know that I am moving to an apartment while my new house is being built. So my home address in not valid. This all takes place on Sept 21 2004. I expect that I will be living there up to 4 months. I will be sending my new address to barobehere. Thanks.

Posts: 394 | Location: Cedar City, Utah USA | Registered: August 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Star*Mystyk:
quote:
Originally posted by Neil:

I don't know about crocodile, but i wouldn't be surprised if there was Emu or roo jerky someplace.
There was an email getting around about Aussies inparticular, and one part said that we're the only nation that eats the animals on our Coat of Arms, lol! That we do. I haven't had Emu, but have had roo sausages and hamburgers. After my sister hit a roo coming back from a weekend of snowboarding, i don't eat kangaroo or wallaby anything anymore. The roo was a mess, and so was the front of the car, lol! Ewwww!

Hey, if I put a small boomerang in the box, it might come back at some point Razz lol!

I could NEVER eat Skippy. Smile

Posts: 833 | Location: Melbourne, VIC. Australia | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Skippy, the Busch kangaroo? There was a TV show on when I was a kid by that name here in the US.

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yeah the one and the same. Kangaroo = Skippy, would be like eating the family cat.

Posts: 833 | Location: Melbourne, VIC. Australia | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of solo-977
posted Hide Post
Kangaroo is very nice, not many places stock it so i eat it when i can.
Its one of those meats that has to be cooked just right.

Croc. burgers are also very good.

Posts: 294 | Location: Geelong vic, Australia | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post