Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... 101
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The mystery box
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Wendi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Star*Mystyk:
From my point of view that care package doesn't count as that's between you and your buddies, not open to the entire community as Barrett's were.

I am not sure what is meant by this or where you got this rediculous assumption!!! It was originally sent to someone I trade with often and I had an address for. I put in a set of rules just because it had a little twist to the concept. But it was intended to get passed around to anyone on the board just as the other boxes did. I am not sure where it ended up.

I received approvals from both Harris and Barrett to publish the list for all 4 boxes so that is what I have done!!

Posts: 2211 | Location: IL, USA | Registered: February 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Hi Wendi:

I've moved both of the new threads to the Greatest Hits forum. This way, they are with the original Mystery Box thread (i.e. this one).

Thanks very much for being our MB List Master (we need a better name for you! Big Grin I'm sure ole Wolfie boy will be along anytime now to offer his advise. Wink)

Harris

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:

*sigh* It's 4am I'm going.

Sorry D. but the whole of that post sounded like it was 4am. Shake Head I think when you read it again you might want to edit it a bit.

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:

Thanks very much for being our MB List Master (we need a better name for you! Big Grin I'm sure ole Wolfie boy will be along anytime now to offer his advise. Wink)

Harris

How about

Madame Mystery

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Wendi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfman-golf:
How about

Madame Mystery

Sorry, don't like that one!!

Posts: 2211 | Location: IL, USA | Registered: February 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Wendi
posted Hide Post
According to USPS tracking the Spawn Box is enroute still but at least it is in the right state now!!! Hopefully the recipient will receive it either today or tomorrow!!!

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Silverback
posted Hide Post
How about Mystery Lister or Master Lister or Misstress of the List?

Smokin'

Posts: 6113 | Location: Illinois | Registered: March 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Natalie
posted Hide Post
The suspense! I can feel it... Smokin'

Posts: 310 | Location: Louisville | Registered: October 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Wendi
posted Hide Post
Oh, Silverback! You are on to something!!!

How about Mystery Box Mistress?

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Silverback
posted Hide Post
I like it! Thumb Up

E-mails sent.

Smokin'

Posts: 6113 | Location: Illinois | Registered: March 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
So, did you try and work out where the Care Package is?

It seems a shame that all that time, money and effort goes to waste. It sounds as if its dead, perhaps someone didnt pass it on again, just like what happpened with the MB.

Posts: 4328 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hey Wendi,
E-mail sent! Smile

BTW, it does seem as if the package was sent to a select group; from my opinion. It was sent to friends, which is understandable.

I too would of followed in Wendi's footsteps and sent it to close people that I "know".
I am not defending Wendi saying that shes a good/bad person, just my opinion.

Posts: 4328 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Since Box A and Box B are dead, what were in them? I never got either box so I'm very curious. Would it be possible for those who got the boxes to tell those of us who didn't get it what they saw? Smile

TR Smile

Posts: 314 | Location: USA | Registered: February 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
I received box B and it had commons,parallels,promos,inserts,autographs,and pieceworks.
Took some out and replaced some.

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10448 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Kristina
posted Hide Post
quote:
I know I will never see any of them again as I'm not liked by some here. But those some are ones who have some say in what goes on around here. Or direct links to The Powers That Be. And no, I don't mean Mods.

I've never either, don't expect to for similar reasons, but its fine since I'm not in need of much... but similarly, can't help anyone else out, so not much of my loss I guess... I'll help out those I can in my own way.

Thats all I'm going to say on this issue.

Perhaps a ridiculous assumption... ? Dunno, but I can definitely see where you're coming from. Good intentions nonetheless.

Posts: 1477 | Location: NY | Registered: August 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
Hey I still like both of you gals Big Grin

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10448 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Kristina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spidergoblin:
Hey I still like both of you gals Big Grin

Aw, well thanks! Big Grin Razz

Posts: 1477 | Location: NY | Registered: August 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Star*Mystyk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TR:
Since Box A and Box B are dead, what were in them? I never got either box so I'm very curious. Would it be possible for those who got the boxes to tell those of us who didn't get it what they saw? Smile

TR Smile

No auto's or PW's (that depended on who sent it to you or if they liked you or if they had extras), but half the box was cards and oddball promos. About the only thing that I needed at the time were some of the LOTR merlin stickers.
I included a small packet of something non-card, from my State that fit neatly in the top of the box. I have no idea who kept it, if Quarantine confiscated it, i will never know. Frown

Posts: 3225 | Location: AU | Registered: June 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Wendi
posted Hide Post
Ooh, ooh, according to USPS..."Your item was delivered at 2:54 pm on October 29, 2005"

Someone should have the box!!!!

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Neil
posted Hide Post
i didnt recieve any of the boxes, not too fussed either considering its a nice thing for the community to have going, regardless of what ever spats or spits are happening Big Grin

actually looking at the list of who has recieved you can see a pattern Big Grin sorry for saying but i was, not so much shocked but a little grin came, at the names :/

ah well spose it depends on if you have ever traded etc, who with :|
I do think something like this could work again, myabe take this time to plan somewhat whats going to happen, like in the original, and start again after secret santa has been.

Posts: 1616 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post