Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ... 101
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The mystery box
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of gilgle
posted Hide Post
I would so have been bragging right now. It is so fun to recieve, especially when you don't expect to ever see it darken your door. Wink

Posts: 1247 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Wendi
posted Hide Post
Just got word, the box is safe!!! The recipient was out of town and didn't even know they got it!

Posts: 2211 | Location: IL, USA | Registered: February 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wendi:
Just got word, the box is safe!!! The recipient was out of town and didn't even know they got it!

'Tis true! I was really busy and didn't check my mail until the day before I left for Wizard World. I wasn't expecting anything so was flummoxed as to what the package could be as I went to the office to pick it up, but when I saw the return address I thought, "Could it be?". And it was! Ironically, I had just e-mailed Wendi about putting my name in the address permission topic, saying "Now maybe I'll have a chance of getting it."

I took about a half dozen assorted promos and chase cards and put back in a ton (well, maybe a couple dozen) assorted show exclusives and other weird stuff (I found out I seemed to be missing cards 11 & 12 from the Signs movie promo set while filling the box) along with a duplicate autograph card.

I haven't decided who to send it along to, but I hope whoever it turns out to be has a good time and finds some stuff they need!

-Bob-

Posts: 2767 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
Hey that's great that you got the box Bob Thumb Up

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10449 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Well done Bob Thumb Up

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Allways nice to have a rummage. Thumb Up

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of terihatcherfan
posted Hide Post
Nice one! Smile

Posts: 481 | Location: South Yorkshire, UK | Registered: October 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
GO BOB GO! Big Grin

Posts: 4328 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
I have decided on who I'm going to pass the box along to and it should be on it's way Wednesday.

-Bob-

Posts: 2767 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I'll tell the postman to look out for it. Wink

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Starchild
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfman-golf:
I'll tell the postman to look out for it. Wink

Why would your postman need to look out for it? Unless, of course, your postman is coming here! Big Grin

Posts: 603 | Location: CT | Registered: March 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of starwolf1001
posted Hide Post
to whoever gets it.....don't forget me Wave

"No Amount of therapy will ever make this moment ok."

Posts: 9361 | Location: grants, nm, usa | Registered: June 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
I finally got the box mailed off yesterday. I had it ready to go, but as I was leaving I noticed a small stack of odd sized cards I'd forgotten to put back in the box so I had to open it back up, put them in and reseal the box. Later when I got home I found that when I put those cards back in I'd taken out the sheets with the rules and the sign-in list so now I've got to mail that out separately!

D'oh!

-Bob-

Picture of starwolf1001
posted Hide Post
i got here before wolfie, so i'll say it

Don't worry Bob, when i get them i'll put them together again Big Grin

"No Amount of therapy will ever make this moment ok."

Posts: 9361 | Location: grants, nm, usa | Registered: June 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheUberBob:

D'oh!

-Bob-

Bob, get a grip. Twak Big Grin

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of tsmeltzer
posted Hide Post
Imagine my surprise whan I got home this weekend to find a box from Bob waiting for me. I said to my wife "I have to check which one of my trades this is for." I opened the box and found a plethora of cool and unique cards... it took me a good solid 5 minutes to figure out it was the MYSTERY BOX!!! I found the letter that Bob mentions above a few minutes later, and that confirmed that I was the proud, pleased, and surprised recipient of the Spawn Box. I have already gone through the whole thing, and I pulled 9 promos that I needed. I put back 12 promos that I am pretty sure weren't in there and one Autograph. Now I just have to figure out who to mail it to next and how to find their adddress.

Thanks Bob!!! Thumb Up Bouncey Metal Clap

alternate email:
tim dot smeltzer at excite.com

Posts: 2625 | Location: Rockville MD | Registered: September 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of make-mine-marvel
posted Hide Post
okay - for the record - can I put my address on display somewhere so I can get in on this ??
Confused
Razz

@Sketchcards on Twitter

Posts: 1817 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: June 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tialessa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by make-mine-marvel:
okay - for the record - can I put my address on display somewhere so I can get in on this ??

To answer both yours & Tim's question - Wendi has a list of those who have given Harris/NSU permission to give out your address solely for the Mystery Box.

Go here for the thread

I know I'm on that list *hint hint* Big Grin

Posts: 5550 | Location: Georgia, USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Silverback
posted Hide Post
quote:
Now I just have to figure out who to mail it to next and how to find their adddress.

Wendi should have my address! Hint! Hint! Wave

Smokin'

Posts: 6113 | Location: Illinois | Registered: March 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tsmeltzer:

You're quite welcome, Tim! I hope you found some cool stuff that you needed!

-Bob-