Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 101
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The mystery box
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of tsmeltzer
posted Hide Post
Four boxes are in the hands of the USPS... 3 staying in the Colonies and one going over the pond to Europe somewhere. And my wallet is $60 lighter! I hope to see some happy posts here on Monday.

alternate email:
tim dot smeltzer at excite.com

Posts: 2625 | Location: Rockville MD | Registered: September 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi_Collector
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tsmeltzer:
Four boxes are in the hands of the USPS... 3 staying in the Colonies and one going over the pond to Europe somewhere. And my wallet is $60 lighter! I hope to see some happy posts here on Monday.

Great Job! Whoever gets one, don't forget to tell us all about it.

Posts: 1602 | Location: Nevada | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of SciFiMom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Four boxes are in the hands of the USPS... 3 staying in the Colonies and one going over the pond to Europe somewhere.

Woohoo! Dance

Posts: 3953 | Location: Utah, USA | Registered: March 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
hooray Bouncey

A belgian hiphop group

Posts: 3634 | Location: Belgium | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Well done Tim, I must finish ours off and get them rolling.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of jademaliburoad
posted Hide Post
Great news Clap

Posts: 1188 | Location: France | Registered: April 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of tsmeltzer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
Well done Tim, I must finish ours off and get them rolling.

Wolfie,

I just wanted to make sure I got these out before you did Smile

alternate email:

Posts: 2625 | Location: Rockville MD | Registered: September 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Ho man you beat the fastest wolfie of the west Eek

Big Grin

Posts: 1188 | Location: France | Registered: April 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of piper_rulez
posted Hide Post
quote:

I recieved the Mystery Box today!!!!!!!!
Clap Bouncey Metal Surf Dance Elephant Sheep Smokin'

I have looked through all the cards and here's what I picked out:

Angel Season 3: Pieceworks PW1
Buffy Season Three: Box Loader BL2
Buffy Season Four: Box Loader BL3
Buffy Big Bads: P3
Buffy Men of Sunnydale: WA-1
Spike: PR-1 voided redemption

I'm going to look through the list of recipients to send to in a moment. And then the box will be on it's way by the end of next week. Smile

Posts: 1112 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Congratters, next please. Smile

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of tsmeltzer
posted Hide Post
Michele,

You were the "winner" of the contributor's drawing (I placed all the original contributors' names into a hat and drew one). I am pleased that you found some cards in there that you wanted/needed.

Tim

alternate email:

Picture of meatwagon
posted Hide Post
Sweet!!!

Posts: 218 | Location: Ca. USA | Registered: December 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of tsmeltzer
posted Hide Post
I forgot to ask Michele... which box did you get? There are pictures on two sides of the box identifying which box you got (and I randomized the boxes so I had no idea who was getting which box).

alternate email:

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of piper_rulez
posted Hide Post
quote:
I forgot to ask Michele... which box did you get? There are pictures on two sides of the box identifying which box you got (and I randomized the boxes so I had no idea who was getting which box).

The pictures on the box I received are of a lady on her knees peeking into a goldish box and sort of purplish background.

Posts: 1112 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of tsmeltzer
posted Hide Post
Ahhh... Pandora's Box Smile

alternate email:

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of SciFiMom
posted Hide Post
Oh no, Michele opened Pandora's Box! Eek

Posts: 3953 | Location: Utah, USA | Registered: March 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
great, the boxes are travelling.
I hope everybody will have a lot of fun with it and can find something they need.

A belgian hiphop group

Posts: 3634 | Location: Belgium | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi_Collector
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Peter cloet:
great, the boxes are travelling.
I hope everybody will have a lot of fun with it and can find something they need.

I did, I did!! Bouncey Elephant Bouncey

I can't believe it. I received the box.
I was stunned. I never thought i would actually get it. My family looked at me like I was crazy.

Here is how it went:

I was in the house in my daughters room helping her clean up, when my partner Matt walked in saying "What's up with this bomb?"

I looked at the box and the return address says Mr. Timothy Smeltzer. Boy that name sounded familiar, and this box weighs a ton. Wait a minute, could it be, "Me", I got the box. Matt looked at me and said "You need to get a life" LOL!!

Everything in it is great. Thanks to Tim for all of your hard work and everyone for their donations.

I've gone through the box twice now, making sure I didn't miss anything. Confirmed what I already had (had to put some back) and this is what I have picked out:

Spike PW1 coat from Buffy with redemption card.
(completes my set, I already had the PW2)
Chris Henderson Tin Man B&W preliminary sketch from Wizard of OZ. (My first sketch from Wizard of OZ)
Firefly P-UK promo (The last card I needed, I now have the Master set of Firefly)
Smallville SM3-1 Promo
Angel Season 2 AL-1 promo

I will have this box shipped to the next person during this week.

About the box: Tim - Is the picture from Battlestar Galactica the original Series?

Posts: 1602 | Location: Nevada | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This is awesome!

I love to read mystery boxes "stories" Clap

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Matt looked at me and said "You need to get a life" LOL!!

That sounds familiar! Congratulations, and to finish off a master set in such a nice way is extra special.

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post