Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 101
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The mystery box
 Login/Join

Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
Or maybe it will return home.
I am curious as to what it looks like after all this time. Hard to believe I started this years ago.

Posts: 5775 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of gofmauleg
posted Hide Post
I recently came across this thread and read some of the pages. Barobehere, you've done a great job coordinating a successful mystery box. I love that it brings collectors closer together even if they're miles apart. It also promotes the spirit of the hobby...trading cards! Thumb Up kudos to you and the recipients who have kept the spirit alive and well. Clap

Posts: 714 | Location: City by the Bay, CA | Registered: May 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of gofmauleg
posted Hide Post
By the way, has anyone compiled a list of places the myster box has been to?

Posts: 714 | Location: City by the Bay, CA | Registered: May 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Boldlygone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gofmauleg:
By the way, has anyone compiled a list of places the myster box has been to?

The location of everyone who's recieved the box are listed here: Mystery Box Recipients

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If faced with a difficult choice/decision, Remember this - WWKD.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Never give up - NEVER surrender

Posts: 4214 | Location: Flitwick, Bedfordshire, England | Registered: July 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of gofmauleg
posted Hide Post
Dah, I should have seen that...silly me! Big Grin Thanks Boldlygone. Wave

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Wendi
posted Hide Post
I am in the western burbs, could pick up the box and save you on postage!!

Posts: 2211 | Location: IL, USA | Registered: February 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jack London
posted Hide Post
Um, over the next week the temperature here is supposed to be a lovely 80-85 degrees, with a pleasant evening cooldown. The box has had a rough trip at times and this would be the perfect vacation for it. I can show it the town, take it to the beach... Cool

"Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes." Henry David Thoreau

Posts: 1553 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WarriorBabe
posted Hide Post
Or maybe the Box fancies an International holiday Wink Cool Razz

Posts: 1959 | Location: UK | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jack London
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WarriorBabe:
Or maybe the Box fancies an International holiday Wink Cool Razz

Well, I am sure it would like to go overseas after its visit to California. I mean, summer in California is very nice Surf

"Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes." Henry David Thoreau

Posts: 1553 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Where da box at? Elephant

Posts: 28997 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted Hide Post
It's a mystery to Mister E. I have never seen the mystery box and probably never will !!!!!

Posts: 2744 | Location: Haverhill, Ma. U.S.A. | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
As there is only one box still going it is unlikely that most cardtalkers will ever see it. Even if people turned the box round in 2 weeks only 26 people a year would see it. It is not a right of membership of this board to get the mystery box.

Posts: 12151 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WarriorBabe
posted Hide Post
Plus it seems you need to be in the USA to stand a chance of seeing it Frown
I know non -USA members have had previous boxes, but not lately.

Posts: 1959 | Location: UK | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of SciFiMom
posted Hide Post
Maybe someone could start another box.... Smile

Posts: 3953 | Location: Utah, USA | Registered: March 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Word of Warning,Don't whine about not getting the box,It will Hurt your chances of getting it

Posts: 1108 | Location: Tucson,AZ U.S.A | Registered: September 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SciFiMom:
Maybe someone could start another box.... Smile

I think someone should start a UK only box.

Perhaps our diamond cardtalker will volunteer... Big Grin

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Silverback
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Redemption

I think you mean our Sapphire Cardtalker! Wink What wolfie? Wave I don't think that's likely to happen. Roll Eyes

Smokin'

Posts: 6113 | Location: Illinois | Registered: March 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of flobe
posted Hide Post
Why only UK? What about Germany? Let's make a EURO-Box!!! Because I don't see any chance for me to get the box in Germany... Elephant

Posts: 792 | Location: Germany | Registered: June 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Silverback:
quote:
Originally posted by Redemption

I think you mean our Sapphire Cardtalker! Wink What wolfie? Wave I don't think that's likely to happen. Roll Eyes

Smokin'

Ooops.. it was a flashback faux paux. Thanks for pointing it out. Big Grin Thumb Up

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flobe:
Why only UK? What about Germany? Let's make a EURO-Box!!! Because I don't see any chance for me to get the box in Germany... Elephant

True... Thumb Up Big Grin