Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 101
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The mystery box
 Login/Join

Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Byrne:
Hello Tony,
What cards are in the box?
Is there a mixed selection of a lot, or just one set etc....
Thanks again
ChRiS Big Grin

If this gets answered that takes some of the mystery out of the mystery box. Plus, the idea is that the cards will change with every person.

Posts: 5775 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
Picture of Over_Worked_Mom
posted Hide Post
Oh please don't tell us what's in the box Frown That would spoil the surprise!

Posts: 4053 | Location: Lansdale, PA | Registered: January 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Hey all you crazies....Don't forget me. Wave When considering who to mail the box to next, please consider your admin too. ok?

This message was paid for and authorized by Harris Toser for The Box, Inc.

Posts: 12994 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Boldlygone
posted Hide Post
Could be an NSU article in the travels of this box?

And what about the guinness Book of World records... Most traveled parcel, number of times across the atlantic or even around the world.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If faced with a difficult choice/decision, Remember this - WWKD.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Never give up - NEVER surrender

Posts: 4214 | Location: Flitwick, Bedfordshire, England | Registered: July 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
Purely out of curiosity, does anyone know what happened to the box that kept being used by Card Talkers in trades? Is it stil out there, somewhere?
Au Res.,
Paul

http://www.cardcast.co.uk/
Twitter: @ukcardcast

Posts: 7202 | Location: Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of tialessa
posted Hide Post
What's in the mystery box SHOULD stay a mystery Smile

And since (as has been pointed out) cards from the box are being replaced by other cards, we'll never know what's in there at any given time. FUN!!!!!!!!

Harris, you collect cards too????? Eek

Posts: 5550 | Location: Georgia, USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
Picture of Over_Worked_Mom
posted Hide Post
Wouldn't you think it odd if Harris DIDN'T collect cards?

Posts: 4053 | Location: Lansdale, PA | Registered: January 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Barbara C
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Boldlygone:
Could be an NSU article in the travels of this box?

And what about the guinness Book of World records... Most traveled parcel, number of times across the atlantic or even around the world.

That's a great idea. Thumb Up

Posts: 3139 | Location: New Castle, DE USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Quaint1:
Purely out of curiosity, does anyone know what happened to the box that kept being used by Card Talkers in trades? Is it stil out there, somewhere?
Au Res.,
Paul

So, Paul remembers the origianl inspiration for the current mystery box. No, I don't know where it went. Still that was fun, but not a lot of fun, we were just trying to figure out where a consistently used box was. Now we are trying to figure out where a box full of ever-changing cards are!

Posts: 5775 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of aagranata
posted Hide Post
Well, the mystery box has been addressed and will be shipped tomorrow to the next lucky recipient. I had to use a different box, however. The first box had too many postal stickers to remove!!

And, as I said in an earlier post, one of my replacements was a duplicate costume card.

Watch your mailboxes in the coming days. It's being shipped priority mail!! Elephant

Posts: 822 | Location: Spanaway, WA | Registered: May 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AdyCarter
posted Hide Post
think i have topic blindness as i never saw this before, great idea

Posts: 226 | Location: York, UK | Registered: March 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted Hide Post
Hey ! Who is mailing my box around here?? It's a "Mister E." to me, Roll Eyes Eek Razz but if I get the box, What Mystery will I find??? Heh, heh, heh??? Confused Confused

Posts: 2744 | Location: Haverhill, Ma. U.S.A. | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of xst
posted Hide Post
Wow, fun concept! I hope I will get the box at some point!! Clap

Posts: 1395 | Location: BC, Canada | Registered: June 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of willgull
posted Hide Post
Holy Cow!

I got the mystery box in the mail today! Had to look around for Allen Funt for a minute there when I got it! It will once again be in the post on Tuesday going to............who knows?

I was able to get several cards that I needed and replaced them with some good ones ( a few autos are mingling around...check the box carefully). I think this is a great idea and am glad that I was able to take part in it!

Twak "To be the man you gotta beat the man!"

Posts: 809 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of aagranata
posted Hide Post
You're welcome, Willgull. It's the least I could do after all those donut jokes... Wave

Posts: 822 | Location: Spanaway, WA | Registered: May 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey if anyone coming to the San Diego comicon has the box at the time bring it along to the card talk meeting, we could move it through a whole group of us in record time!

Posts: 258 | Location: San Diego, CA, USA | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
Good for you willgull Thumb Up

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10445 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yes, congratulatins.
I wonder who is going to get in next?
We will see............
ChRiS Big Grin

Posts: 4328 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AdyCarter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by T42:
Hey if anyone coming to the San Diego comicon has the box at the time bring it along to the card talk meeting, we could move it through a whole group of us in record time!

:P yeah but that'd curtail the world record attempt

Posts: 226 | Location: York, UK | Registered: March 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of RupT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by T42:

This would make it more of a surprise tradng session and spoil the 'mystery'. I dont think that would be a good idea!!! Shake Head

What do you think Barrett?

www.darthtailor.co.uk

Remove the "_NO_SPAM" before emailing me Smile

Posts: 4234 | Location: London, UK | Registered: September 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post