Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... 101
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The mystery box
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by brandocles:
Luv You Wavey

and a Wavey back at ya

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10447 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Gee!Spidergoblin,my new special Friend, Clap

Posts: 1108 | Location: Tucson,AZ U.S.A | Registered: September 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted Hide Post
It's still a "Mystery" when good ole Mister E., will ever get the mystery box... Confused Confused Big Grin Confused Confused

Posts: 2744 | Location: Haverhill, Ma. U.S.A. | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fire8rays
posted Hide Post
Have you any idea how many have Cardtalkers the BOX has been sent to??I was wondering if you had any way to track it?

Posts: 156 | Location: Kansas | Registered: May 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Boldlygone
posted Hide Post
I believe there is a sheet inside the box that every recipiant has to sign.
But as I have never seen the Mystery box I cannot confirm this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If faced with a difficult choice/decision, Remember this - WWKD.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Never give up - NEVER surrender

Posts: 4214 | Location: Flitwick, Bedfordshire, England | Registered: July 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
Box B has been to 25 stops.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
wow, I remember when Box B was started. It wasn't all that long ago! It'll be interesting to see just how many stops these things make!

Posts: 941 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of flobe
posted Hide Post
I wonder if the mystery ever reaches Germany. Or, better, reaches me... Drool

Posts: 792 | Location: Germany | Registered: June 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of starwolf1001
posted Hide Post
bet you'll see it before i do Razz

"No Amount of therapy will ever make this moment ok."

Posts: 9361 | Location: grants, nm, usa | Registered: June 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
if we all stay card talk members long enough, I'm sure we'll all get a chance at these things!

Posts: 941 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I dont know about that Lara,ive been a card talk member for almost three years,i dont think some of us who aren;t good buddys in here will ever see it,

Posts: 1108 | Location: Tucson,AZ U.S.A | Registered: September 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jessica
posted Hide Post
quote:
I dont know about that Lara,ive been a card talk member for almost three years,i dont think some of us who aren;t good buddys in here will ever see it,

I don't know about that, I don't consider myself of being in a circle (I am gone for periods of time) and I don't trade that much, but I did receive it. That's something to think about Big Grin

Posts: 1950 | Location: Baltimore, Maryland, USA | Registered: May 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
i try not to think,hurts to much

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I know the feeling. My husband says at times I don't think at all!

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of mtlhddoc2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jessica:
quote:

I don't know about that, I don't consider myself of being in a circle (I am gone for periods of time) and I don't trade that much, but I did receive it. That's something to think about Big Grin

Well, if there is a circle, I would guess that I am in it, yet I have not seen any of the boxes either. So its not about the "circle" or "Clique" but about the individuals who receive the box. If someone gets it, they will more than likely send it to someone they know or have traded with, thats how these things work. If they havent traded with you, or dont really know you, then you probably wont see it from them. I know exactly who I would send the box to however, depending on what was actually in there. That person is someone I know has not received it but might be considered in the "clique" simnply because of their "prominence" on the board. And I am sure complaints would arise because of it, but thats ok, people complain about me already anyway.

Posts: 7774 | Location: Censored | Registered: November 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
Picture of Over_Worked_Mom
posted Hide Post
I'd send the box only to another girl. Is that elitest enough for you Wink

So, if I get it, it's not going to any of you icky, stinky boys!

Posts: 4053 | Location: Lansdale, PA | Registered: January 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I know how it works mtlhddoc2,thats what i said in my post,and you said in your's ,the person who gets it will send it to there buddy before they send it to somebody they traded with,but for me,it gets old,when for over a year you hear everybody else getting the box,and then you see who hasn't,and go oh well they will get it before i ever do,if at all,and if the other box was still around(which the person who would not send it along,should have offered to have somebody send them postage for it)most of the people woild get both boxes before some of us even get any of them once,i know im a whin box,but thats what i think,brandocles

Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
Let me throw my 2 cents in as the guy who started The Mystery Box.

I have a list of the 25 people who got box B. In seems that the senders are trying to send the box to a far off place rather then trading buddies. The box has traveled back and forth across the United states or to another country and back.

The box is about fun. It was not designed for people to fret about. My original purpose was for the box to make it to at least 3 or 4 countries(which it has). My hope was for it to last at least 1 year(It has done this too).

But please people, do not worry about getting it or not. It is a game not something to stress over. There are roughly 250 "active" members on card talk and only 25 people have got box B in 1 year. So, the odds are 1 in 10 a year you might get The Mystery Box. So, If no one else joins cardtalk, you should get it in the next 9 years!

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
quote:
,if at all,and if the other box was still around(which the person who would not send it along,should have offered to have somebody send them postage for it)

Money was sent but the box was never returned. Several attempts were made to get the paperwork but that has failed too.
That is why box A is dead.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
So you got rip off huh,Well im sure somebody wont agree with this,but to me that person is a theif,and we should know who it is,because i sure wouldn't want to trade with him,