Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 101
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The mystery box
 Login/Join

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by brandocles:

i mean i dont post 50 times aday Like some people

Razz Big Grin

Posts: 28997 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by brandocles:
what do you think the odds of the box coming my way,i mean i dont post 50 times aday Like some people,but i do give away free catwoman Promo's,i mean all of you guys on here are good budy's,dont forget about us Hermit card collectors,brandocles

The chances are good. I picked the first person to receive the box at random-with dice.

I really wanted to send it to a friend at first but felt that it was the wrong way to do this. Everyone gets to choice who they want to sent the box too whatever way they want to pick the person. Maybe you were the only person some has traded with. Maybe your name is the only one who they still have an e-mail with your address on it. Maybe someone was greatful for the catwoman promo and wants to send it your way. All these factors(I hope) play into this!

Now if only that darn box will arrive at it's destination!! I want to hear what they think!

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of tialessa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by barobehere:
Now if only that darn box will arrive at it's destination!! I want to hear what they think!

You just want to hear about someone resorting to a 2 year old Big Grin

Ooooooohhhhhhhhhh a box! Must open! Ahhhhhhhhh shiny.......... cards......... all mine..... bwahahahaha!

Posts: 5550 | Location: Georgia, USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Star*Mystyk
posted Hide Post
Out of the 30-odd addresses I've kept I know who I'd send it to, lol! I haven't got it, maybe never will, but I know who I'd send it to if I did.

It's like with Xmas. I'm not fussed on what I receive, half the time I don't want/need anything, I'm usually more concerned whether I have enough things for others.

quote:
Originally posted by barobehere:

I'd laugh if it was (accidentally) sent by Surface mail, lol! Stickers have been known to fall off. As I recently discovered with a recent trade. Not only that, Quarantine thought it was suss and kept it, opened it, enclosed a brochure then sent it to me. Pity they didn't give me a card instead Big Grin Still waiting for the Customs Detector Dog Unit to open something of mine and put a card in there like the one I posted about a few months back Razz

I'll shut up now.

Posts: 3225 | Location: AU | Registered: June 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Meander
posted Hide Post
Sounds cool!!
There are both pros and cons...but it's a very nifty idea....And think it's a good fun thing!!!
Keep it going!!

Posts: 706 | Location: Over, The Rainbow, VA | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Boldlygone
posted Hide Post
Has the box arrived at it's 1st destination yet???

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If faced with a difficult choice/decision, Remember this - WWKD.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Never give up - NEVER surrender

Posts: 4214 | Location: Flitwick, Bedfordshire, England | Registered: July 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Only just found this thread. What a great idea. Looking forward to hearing more about the travels of this box. Smile

Posts: 3862 | Location: UK | Registered: December 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Nothing personaly Wolfman,Just had to take a little jab at somebody,and everyone tells me your a great target, Big Grin

brandocles

Posts: 1108 | Location: Tucson,AZ U.S.A | Registered: September 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
No problem. If everyone had a go at me instead of having a go at other people we would not have a problem on the board.

What am i on about? Everyone does have a go at me. Big Grin

Posts: 28997 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
Picture of The Mouseketeer
posted Hide Post
Great idea! I don't trade a lot (especially lately), so I'm not sure it will ever make it to my doorstep. But still I look forward to seeing where the box goes. And someone please send the box to wolfie! Imagine the incessant whining if no one does. Big Grin

Posts: 2218 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
She,s only been back 2 minutes and she,s had a go at me allready. Roll Eyes

I,m so picked on. Big Grin

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of DoctorChristmasJones
posted Hide Post
Was Mouse-ster really "picking on you" by making an accurate prediction?

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

I suppose you'll chalk that up as another hit.

Posts: 2272 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Ouch, another one. Big Grin

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
This is a very fun and clever idea!

I wonder what the odds are that this ends up being the most viewed thread this month? Wink

-Bob-

Posts: 2767 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I wonder where the box is now?
Has anyone had it yet?

Way off topic
Children, Children..... You must behave now, picking on one person is not fair.
Just remember Wolfie, what comes around, gs around....
ChRiS Big Grin

Posts: 4328 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by willgull:
AHA!

Went to the mailbox today to see what it held after delivery! Lo and behold, there sat a small box that could possibly hold 100 cards. Could this be the famous box Barrett mailed out.....? Afterall, he has my address! Eagerly, I opened it up, hoping to discover the blessed cardboard contents.

CRIMINY!

It was a small metal orange juicer sent as some unknown kitchenware promotional. Frown

Willgull is still hoping and looking!

I had the same thing!!!!
I went to the mail box on Friday lunch time, and there was a key, for me to open the extra box hole at he bottom.
I was sssoooo excited thinking I was the first person to get it.
By low and behold, a parcel from my grandparents in the UK.....
But you never now, never say never etc.........
ChRiS Big Grin

Posts: 4328 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of aagranata
posted Hide Post
Okay...enough of the suspense already. I was the first to receive the box! Elephant Thanks, Barrett! I feel honored to be the first recipient.

I took five cards from the 100 (I may take more!), and I'm replacing one of them with a costume card!!

The box will be mailed tomorrow to the next lucky recipient which is......Nope....Can't tell!

Great idea! When I received Barrett's box, I had no idea what it was. Luckily, he alerted me to read User Announcements, which I must admit is one forum I've seldom read. Twak

Posts: 822 | Location: Spanaway, WA | Registered: May 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yes, congratualtions on ecoming the 1st person to ge the box.
How big is the box?
ChRiS Big Grin

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Barbara C
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheUberBob:
I wonder what the odds are that this ends up being the most viewed thread this month? Wink

You might be right about this being the most viewed thread, even though the thread was started late in the month.

This is getting interesting thinking about how the mixture of cards will change as the recipients change, too.

Posts: 3139 | Location: New Castle, DE USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hello Tony,
What cards are in the box?
Is there a mixed selection of a lot, or just one set etc....
Thanks again
ChRiS Big Grin