Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
The mystery box

This topic can be found at:
http://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9816075901/m/245102935

January 18, 2005, 04:41 PM
wolfie
The mystery box
I think the more boxes the merrier. It means more people will get to recieve them.

But as i said before lets not exclude anyone from recieving them.

____________________
Come, it is time for you to keep your appointment with The Wicker Man.
January 18, 2005, 05:03 PM
brandocles
Keenywood,Over Work Mom, Barobehere,,Geez's im sorry i said anything,It was a JOKE !,,,thats why at the end i wrote HA HA.so i will never try telling a joke agian in here,since nobody has a sense of humor,i atleast thought somebody like wolfman ,would come back with some thing funny to say about it,so im sorry for saying anything
January 18, 2005, 05:09 PM
Over_Worked_Mom
My response was not directed at you, but rather Chris who seemed to want to run with your idea. And no, I don't have a sense of humor - ask anyone.
January 18, 2005, 08:13 PM
brandocles
Ok,so if i ever attempt a joke in here agian,i will write a disclamier,(Not For Over Worked Mom To Read)hope that works for ya,brandocles
January 18, 2005, 11:30 PM
Cardz_house
quote:
Originally posted by Over_Worked_Mom:
but frankly Andy had never recieved it beforehand either and I had serious doubts that anyone would have even considered sending a package to Singapore. Australia's hard enough Wink but at least there are several collectors there - last time I checked, we only had the one member from Singapore...


That was why I was so appreciative of Joanna for taking the effort to wanting to send the box to me and contacting me. But admittedly, I haven't been trading as actively as I would like to so I would also understand if no one knows me or would consider wanting to send to me. So no hard feelings there! Wink

The latest trade I had last week was with Chris Byrne and have to say that he's a nice chap. I guess he made his remarks innocently so I would ask that everyone excuse him for the remarks he made.

Ok, for all those guys who haven't received either boxe A or B before, just send me an e-mail with your address. I will write down all the addresses into little slips and let my neighbour's 4 year old son choose the next person to receive box A, ok? Hope this sounds fair to all other chaps and may it settle the 'tense' atmosphere in this thread.

As this box has finally reached me in Asia, I will of course also be adding in some Asian exclusive cards (Japanese star wars cards)aside from the other normal inserts. I feel its more fun, adding cards which are only available in your region.

Andy
January 19, 2005, 12:01 AM
brandocles
Hey Card House,Send it to whom ever you want to,Dont worry about me or anybody else whinning about not getting the box,if we get it great,if not,oh well,we somehow managed to buy and trade cards before the boxes came to be,so i think we will all survive if we never get it,brandocles
January 19, 2005, 10:44 AM
Graham
Just in case another box spawns forth,what kind of dimensions are we looking at ? What about postage ?
January 19, 2005, 11:01 AM
barobehere
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
Just in case another box spawns forth,what kind of dimensions are we looking at ? What about postage ?


The original concept is that there are only to be 100 cards in the box, that would keep the cost of postage down. One of the boxes spun out of control and was like 1000 cards at one point. Luckily, a few recepiates were able to prune it down to a more acceptable mailing level even thought it was still 400+ cards.

So, to answer the question 100 cards. If you get it you pay postage. But there is a notice in the box that if you want to end the mystery box cause you don't want to pay the postage, you just need to mail off the SASE that is in the bottom of the box, so we can know it is dead.
January 19, 2005, 12:42 PM
wolfie
quote:
Originally posted by cverdec:

As for starting another Box B, I'm with Wolfie (I never thought I'd say that Razz)! The more the merrier!



Thank you for your support. I,m running for president next. Big Grin

____________________
Come, it is time for you to keep your appointment with The Wicker Man.
January 19, 2005, 12:45 PM
wolfie
quote:
Originally posted by Over_Worked_Mom:
I don't have a sense of humor - ask anyone.



I can vouch for that, i still have the cyber marks where i have been repeatedly bashed. Big Grin

____________________
Come, it is time for you to keep your appointment with The Wicker Man.
January 19, 2005, 12:46 PM
wolfie
quote:
Originally posted by brandocles:
i will never try telling a joke agian in here,since nobody has a sense of humor,i atleast thought somebody like wolfman ,would come back with some thing funny to say about it,so im sorry for saying anything



I knew you were joking but Chris looked as if he was actually going to run with it. Smile

____________________
Come, it is time for you to keep your appointment with The Wicker Man.
January 19, 2005, 12:49 PM
wolfie
quote:
Originally posted by barobehere:
One of the boxes spun out of control and was like 1000 cards at one point. Luckily, a few recepiates were able to prune it down to a more acceptable mailing level even thought it was still 400+ cards.

.



I did my best to make it lighter. Big Grin

____________________
Come, it is time for you to keep your appointment with The Wicker Man.
January 19, 2005, 12:51 PM
wolfie
quote:
Originally posted by barobehere:

But there is a notice in the box that if you want to end the mystery box cause you don't want to pay the postage, you just need to mail off the SASE that is in the bottom of the box, so we can know it is dead.



I don,t like this bit. Does this mean if you get the box you can just keep all the cards and send a note saying so. Eek

____________________
Come, it is time for you to keep your appointment with The Wicker Man.
January 19, 2005, 04:05 PM
Neil
urieka ( spelt it wrong i know)

i have found out how wolfy has got soo many posts.

instead of condensing one post into one post Big Grin he manages to make about 10 posts out of one, i will have to try it, a post a word, that should get me to 7800 in about 2hrs Big Grin
January 19, 2005, 05:14 PM
wolfie
Damn it i,ve been sussed. Big Grin

By the way thats another post, thanks for that. Thumb Up

____________________
Come, it is time for you to keep your appointment with The Wicker Man.
January 19, 2005, 05:43 PM
scouse691
Box B has surfaced !!!!

I received a letter from HM Customs today telling me that it was being returned. The recipient was out when the postie tried to deliver it and they did not go and collect it, so it came back to me by surface mail.

It will be posted at the end of this week ( as long as I have it ) to the next lucky person.

____________________
Consciousness: That annoying time between naps.
January 19, 2005, 05:51 PM
spidergoblin
quote:
Originally posted by scouse691:
Box B has surfaced !!!!

I received a letter from HM Customs today telling me that it was being returned. The recipient was out when the postie tried to deliver it and they did not go and collect it, so it came back to me by surface mail.

It will be posted at the end of this week ( as long as I have it ) to the next lucky person.


Clap Dance Elephant Bouncey

____________________
Bernie...

If you would like to view my want/have lists,then go to my trading site at the following.
SpiderGoblins Trading Site

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper
January 19, 2005, 05:55 PM
barobehere
Amazing! this is excellent news!

As for wolfies question. You saw the rules when you got the mystery box! If you want to keep all the cards and kill off the box it is your option!!!!
January 19, 2005, 07:05 PM
Chris Byrne
I was going to e-mail people about it, but I thought that more than us have not received any of the boxes.

I was going to continue with the idea, but I knew that that it may come to a stop, and maybe someone may still get left out.

I did not mean to spoil anyones fun, or harm anyone.

Thanks -- Chris Big Grin
January 19, 2005, 09:21 PM
Graham
quote:
Originally posted by Cardz_house:
Ok, for all those guys who haven't received either boxe A or B before, just send me an e-mail with your address. I will write down all the addresses into little slips and let my neighbour's 4 year old son choose the next person to receive box A, ok? Hope this sounds fair to all other chaps and may it settle the 'tense' atmosphere in this thread.
Andy
Don't feel pressured.I am one of those "non-recievers" and it is the anticipation of being picked that is part of the fun.As far as I am aware,there is a list of previous recipients in the box.I'm sure there is someone on this board who can supply contact details for the next reciever.It's nice to know that there is some thought,like Over_Worked_Mom did,as to who gets it next,wherever you are.
As I said before,it's supposed to be FUN,not a right.