Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 101
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The mystery box
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Neil
posted Hide Post
and like richard branson your ballon trip ended after a meer 800miles :P

Posts: 1616 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
Anybody seen A or B recently?

Posts: 5775 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
They,ve gone, lost forever by the post office. Frown

Posts: 28997 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Me thinks you be right.
Never mind Frown

Chris Frown

Posts: 4328 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Having said that whoever had them last knows who they sent them to. Smile

Posts: 28997 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Any intelligent person would know that, so, naturally, not me Big Grin

Chris Big Grin

Posts: 4328 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Star*Mystyk
posted Hide Post
With all the recent activity in here I thought the person I sent Box B to had received it.

No such luck Frown

Posts: 3225 | Location: AU | Registered: June 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of xSaBx
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by barobehere:

[FX: Waves]

I have Box A!

It was delivered to me this morning, and I'm currently wading through what's inside. The box is now *huge*: although I haven't counted it, I'd say that there's about 400 or so cards in here... however, transit has not been kind to many of them and there are damaged corners. So assuming that this is acceptable, I'm gonna repackage the box and it's contents before I send it on to it's next destination... Big Grin

[EDIT: Okay, it's repackaged and ready to go, in a shiny new box. Keep an eye out people, the box is continuing on it's way... Big Grin]

This message has been edited. Last edited by: xSaBx,

Crunchy on the Outside,
Smooth on the Inside:
Armadillos!

REMEMBER: Take out the 'removemefirst' from my e-mail address to reply...

Posts: 5362 | Location: The South East, United Kingdom | Registered: June 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Dobby The House Elf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xSaBx:
quote:
Originally posted by barobehere:

[FX: Waves]

I have Box A!

It was delivered to me this morning, and I'm currently wading through what's inside. The box is now *huge*: although I haven't counted it, I'd say that there's about 400 or so cards in here... however, transit has not been kind to many of them and there are damaged corners. So assuming that this is acceptable, I'm gonna repackage the box and it's contents before I send it on to it's next destination... Big Grin

[EDIT: Okay, it's repackaged and ready to go, in a shiny new box. Keep an eye out people, the box is continuing on it's way... Big Grin]

I did the same thing, I had to throw out a handful of cards when it arrived to me.

Posts: 3469 | Location: The Cupboard Under The Stairs, 4 Privet Drive, Little Whinging, Surrey | Registered: September 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
With all the travelling and sorting the boxes are getting some cards are bound to get damaged.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Neil
posted Hide Post
good thing, i have an industrial sized reel of bubble wrap in the shed Dance

never knew why my mum brought it, now i do, she forsaw a box approaching and though, "must...have...massive..reel..of.......bubblewrap" hehe

Posts: 1616 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of DaveSB
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have Box A!

Glad to see it arrived at its secret destination Roll Eyes

Posts: 2606 | Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia | Registered: January 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Star*Mystyk
posted Hide Post
Have you ever unfolded a road map then couldn't fold it back up the same way again? Well, it was similar to that with box B. With the stuff I put in it, the oblong box had to go. Now everything's in a small square box, that says 'ball joint seals' on the side.
If you've got to repackage the box, just do it. It's what's inside that counts, right?

Posts: 3225 | Location: AU | Registered: June 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Dobby The House Elf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Neil:
good thing, i have an industrial sized reel of bubble wrap in the shed Dance

never knew why my mum brought it, now i do, she forsaw a box approaching and though, "must...have...massive..reel..of.......bubblewrap" hehe

So does this mean that box B has surfaced again?

Posts: 3469 | Location: The Cupboard Under The Stairs, 4 Privet Drive, Little Whinging, Surrey | Registered: September 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Andrew David
posted Hide Post
This gets weirder !

Posts: 1719 | Location: Derby, UK | Registered: December 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xSaBx
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Star*Mystyk:
No such luck Frown

Can you tell us who you sent it to?

Crunchy on the Outside,
Smooth on the Inside:
Armadillos!

Posts: 5362 | Location: The South East, United Kingdom | Registered: June 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Neil
posted Hide Post
no dobby not here it hasnt, i think you would have heard me screaming Big Grin

it was in reply to

quote:
Originally posted by wolfman-golf:
With all the travelling and sorting the boxes are getting some cards are bound to get damaged.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Star*Mystyk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Can you tell us who you sent it to?

And where's the fun in that? Razz

All I'll say is that it didn't go "home" but over the hills and far away Wink

Picture of xSaBx
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Star*Mystyk:
And where's the fun in that? Razz

Well, if it never turns up at it's destination, there'll be no fun at all, hence why I asked. How long would you expect the box to take to get to where it's going?

Crunchy on the Outside,
Smooth on the Inside:
Armadillos!

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Star*Mystyk
posted Hide Post
What? You were serious?
I'm not telling anyone where I sent it. It defeats the purpose of the whole thing. But, then again I was only part of it because Batman probably sent it to me out of pity more than anything, knowing neither of them would never get here otherwise.

Unlike the rest of you in your tight-knit little world (UK to US) amazingly things take longer than a couple of days to get from this side of the planet to the other.

Only one person knows where I sent it, as I asked him for the persons address. If you really have to know, just to clarify that I did indeed send it (I'm sure that's the next question), go ahead and ask around.