Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 101
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The mystery box
 Login/Join

Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted
Ok, I am starting up something new.
It is called the mystery box.
Inside the mystery box will be 100 cards(promos, singles, chase of all type-whatever).
Whoever receives the box can take whatever they want out from the box from 0 cards to all 100. The catch is you have to replace what you took with another card. So, when you mail off the mystery box,it will have 100 cards in it. You can mail it to any cardtalker YOU want to mail it to-anywhere in the world!

There will be a stamped envelop with a letter in the box as well, it will explain what the mystery box is. Write your NSU card talk name on it(don't mail the letter but place it back into the mystery box).

The goal is to see how many cardtalkers the box will go to.

Do not tell the Person you are sending the mystery box to.

If you receive the mystery box and DO NOT WANT to mail it on. Then simply sign the letter with your cardtalk id, seal it, and drop it in the mail.

The mystery box will be leaving Meridian, MS tomorrow morning!

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Barbara C
posted Hide Post
Great idea ! I was thinking that the only way to have someone's address is through trading, contests, or possibly the Secret Santa.

Posts: 3139 | Location: New Castle, DE USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
That's true. I have about 50 address(Used to have more but that NSU address book got dropped in the rain last year).

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
That's a pretty cool idea Barrett. Can I put myself in the box? I need to get a way for a while. Big Grin

Posts: 12994 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
How fun! I hope it comes my way at some point.
Well done, Barrett.

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Sounds good, i wonder if it will ever get to me.

If i don,t know what it is i might have it blown up by the bomb squad. Eek Big Grin

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Star*Mystyk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfman:
Sounds good, i wonder if it will ever get to me.

If i don,t know what it is i might have it blown up by the bomb squad

My thoughts pretty much, lol! (first part)

I recently had a parcel arrive with nothing on it apart from yellow tape declaring, "This Parcel Has Been Opened By Australian Quarantine." I don't know what they thought it might be, lol!

Posts: 3225 | Location: AU | Registered: June 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
I will be putting mailing lables in the box so you can fill it out and stick it over the previous mailing lable.
If the new person looks at the list, he/she is going to know who it came from so, do as the government ask and fill out your return on the lable that will be provided!

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Dobby The House Elf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
That's a pretty cool idea Barrett. Can I put myself in the box? I need to get a way for a while. Big Grin

If I get a 100+ lb. box from Harrisburg PA, Postage due, I'm sending it back! Big Grin

Barrett, great idea!! Thumb Up

Posts: 3469 | Location: The Cupboard Under The Stairs, 4 Privet Drive, Little Whinging, Surrey | Registered: September 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
100+ pounds. You are much too generous Dobby. You trying to make up for the picture you posted of me?

Posts: 12994 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of starwolf1001
posted Hide Post
i can just see it, from time to time someone on board is going to say "Beware, the Mystery Box is off again" Big Grin

"No Amount of therapy will ever make this moment ok."

Posts: 9361 | Location: grants, nm, usa | Registered: June 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Ok people,
I know how to do this.
Barrett, get one of the plastic cases, and put the cards in there.
Then you put that in a cardboard box, that you can get at the post office.
Put the box in the mail etc...... and wait.
Do wrappers count as cards or not?
Bob's your uncle!
Simple as that, when ya know how Wink
Did this help!?!?!?!?
ChRiS Big Grin

Posts: 4328 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Byrne:
Ok people,
I know how to do this.
Barrett, get one of the plastic cases, and put the cards in there.
Then you put that in a cardboard box, that you can get at the post office.
Put the box in the mail etc...... and wait.
Do wrappers count as cards or not?
Bob's your uncle!
Simple as that, when ya know how Wink
Did this help!?!?!?!?
ChRiS Big Grin

Wrappers do not count.
How did you know my uncle's name is Bob?
No, it did not help.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I have my contacts, no im only kidding.
How big do you think this box will be?
I knew it wouldn't help, but I tried, and failed yet again.....
ChRiS Big Grin

Posts: 4328 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jessica
posted Hide Post
I wanna participate! Wave

Posts: 1950 | Location: Baltimore, Maryland, USA | Registered: May 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of carlvinson
posted Hide Post
I wonder if everyone interested should send their address to one volunteer? That way if someone receives the box and does not know anyone to send it to, they can email for an address.
I'm also wondering if we should get more than one box going, because I think this is one of the greatest ideas ever, right up there with sliced bread, and I think a lot of people are excited about it and want to get involved soon. Just one box could take awhile to make the rounds.

barobehere, if you don't mind a second box going out,(I am not trying to steal into your idea), please let me know exactly what supplies and whatever you think should be in the box, and I'll put together a group of 100 cards and send it out. Or better yet, I'll just send you a group of 100 cards and you can set the box up how you like it, and after doing your trading send it also on it's way.

Posts: 627 | Location: Corning, California | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
The box is ready to go and a sheet with a Q and A about a few things.

I thought about 2 boxes but that would sorta take the surprise out of it, if there were several of them floating around!

I did do something different when selecting the first person to receive the mystery box. My first impulse was to mail it to one of my very close card talk friends. But instead took out my card talk address book and asigned everyone a number of 1 to 20 in 3 catagories. Rolled a 20 side dice. Then I had 3 names. Then I took the 3 names assigned them 2 numbers (1,4) (2,5) (3,6) and rolled a six sided dice. The dice rolled a 5 and now that cardtalker will receive the mystery box soon.

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Oh good. My name is 5. Big Grin

Where do you get a 20 sided dice and what would you use it for. Confused

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MikeFitz
posted Hide Post
This is a terrific idea!
If anyone looks up in the sky at
approximately 1PM EST and sees a
huge billowing address being written
by a small plane piloted by a
goofy-looking guy with a WWII
flying ace outfit...
That might be me. Wavey

Posts: 1457 | Location: New England | Registered: January 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfman-golf:
Oh good. My name is 5. Big Grin

Where do you get a 20 sided dice and what would you use it for. Confused

At a hobby shop, and you use it for Dungeons and dragons type games.