Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Secret Identities
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of dmatsuda
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by terihatcherfan:
Yes! She was signing copies of her autobiography, Burnt Toast and Other Philosophies of Life (fantastic may I add) and I got to meet her and chat with her for a minute or two. I gave her the letter I'd written, she was very appreciative and promised to read it. She was a dream. I'll never forget it! Big Grin

Awesome...I'd love to meet her! Smile

Posts: 1446 | Location: Honolulu, HI | Registered: May 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Komodo
posted Hide Post
Hey Olly- you & I almost have the same birthday. Mine's 2 days later.

Yeah...sux LOL

So, anyway, I guess it's about time I let y'all in on the secret of my name. I was sorely tempted to use "Rosco", my nickname, which might've been a better choice.
But anyway.
At the time I signed up, I just came up with this identity "Komodo" for an online Star Trek Game (Starfleet Command) I still play now n then. If you know anything about the original Trek series, you'll remember the Gorn from one episode. They were one of the alien races you could play in-game, so, being how they were reptilian, I wanted to use a reptilian name. Somehow, the name 'komodo' was overlooked, I happened to think of it and thought it was a great name to go by.

And now you know... the rest of the story!

Posts: 1206 | Location: St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada | Registered: June 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of flobe
posted Hide Post
Mine is simple.
Its from the first three letters of my first name and the first two letters of my last surname. (Yes, my surname has changed after marriage - I've taken the name of my wife.)
No I would be flomo... (but that's not better Big Grin)

Posts: 792 | Location: Germany | Registered: June 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Collectress
posted Hide Post
Well I'm female and I like collecting things (especially cards), so I'm sure you can work it out. Razz

"That's your plan? Wile E. Coyote would come up with a better plan than that!" - John Crichton
"Bored now" - Vampire Willow

Posts: 669 | Location: UK | Registered: January 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of steve j
posted Hide Post
I got my name from my name. Mine is one of the most unoriginal handles ever, sorry everyone. when I first signed on, I never thought of an inventive name. I must be honest there are some great handles out there.

If I had to change because Harris said you couldn't use part of your own name I would probably call myself something like LOTR2112 or Qui Gon Jim. (after the way my wife thought the star wars character was pronounced). Smile

Posts: 1776 | Location: Wales, UK | Registered: June 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
Mine's a hangover from the good old days where everything had a maximum of 8 characters and I didn't want to use some name variation. I am a mathematician in real life and well known for having far too many interests (going off on tangents) so the bad pun became my user id on lots of stuff.

Jen

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Silverback
posted Hide Post
I'm really a trained gorilla! An old silverback male just learning to type, and my trainer collects cards and tells me what to say.

Or my wife commented, while I was trying to think of a name, that when the sunlight hit the back of my head the hair looked silver.

You pick the one you like best! Big Grin

Smokin'

Posts: 6113 | Location: Illinois | Registered: March 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of SciFiMom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by steve j:
If I had to change because Harris said you couldn't use part of your own name I would probably call myself something like LOTR2112 or Qui Gon Jim. (after the way my wife thought the star wars character was pronounced). Smile
Qui-Gon JIM?! I love it, that's hilarious! Big Grin

Posts: 3953 | Location: Utah, USA | Registered: March 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Master
posted Hide Post
my name is the best

http://twitter.com/MasterFreeza

Posts: 1233 | Location: Renegade City | Registered: April 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of QBall
posted Hide Post
Honestly can't remember the original reason for the name but it is a carry over from playing arcade games in my youth. Any time I high scored on a game with space for 5 or more characters I went for QBall.

Posts: 365 | Location: Up North, England | Registered: October 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Neil
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by john the hat:
JTH / john the hat because of my passion for wearing gloves !!!! Big Grin

and there i was thinking about the colourfull scarves you wear.

Mines largely un-interesting, unless you believe im neil armstrong or neil buchannen or neil kelly (neds long lost and foreign brother)

Posts: 1616 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Komodo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by john the hat:
JTH / john the hat because of my passion for wearing gloves !!!! Big Grin

Hmmm...

Any relation to Jimmy the Hat? I haven't seen him in a while...

Posts: 1206 | Location: St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada | Registered: June 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
my name is very simply:
My first name is Peter and my parents have a shoe store that is called "De Cloet".

So it's very easy "peter cloet".

A belgian hiphop group

Posts: 3634 | Location: Belgium | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of meatwagon
posted Hide Post
I took "meatwagon" because I have been working as a Paramedic for 16yrs.now.And back in the 1960's-70's Meatwagon was a slang term for ambulances.Plus it usaually isn't taken as a forum name so it works out for me.

Posts: 218 | Location: Ca. USA | Registered: December 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of justm
posted Hide Post
Just saw this thread & had fun finding out how folks got their names. Mine is, sadly, just my name JUSTin Mason. I use it on a few forums (mainly mountain bike) & it's also part of my ebay id - the extra numbers on that are from my favourite show. Can anyone guess what it is?

Posts: 1723 | Location: Brentwood-Essex-UK | Registered: April 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
justm24.

justm4400.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of justm
posted Hide Post
Right first time. Clap 24 it is.

Posts: 1723 | Location: Brentwood-Essex-UK | Registered: April 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of raider5gt
posted Hide Post
My name is from the car i have renault 5 gt turbo Raider,was going to go with Jawa as they are always on the look out for things or Crazy Ivan after a plastation game but stuck with raider5gt.

Posts: 437 | Location: Gloucester UK | Registered: July 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
Xavier Tiberius Imageo Maxmillion Eugenius

a.k.a., xtime Big Grin

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cecil
posted Hide Post
My very first screen name was "shelf_life". I used it back in the 90's when I was collecting food issed cards and when I advertised with The Wrapper. For obvious reasons, "shelf_life" fit. Then I sort of drifted away from card collecting after I started a new hobby. I got interested in recording live audio of bands that allowed taping...(and a few that didn't). I made a joke to someone one day that my new screen name was "unataper" like the "unabomber". It was too funny to pass up so I started using it and have ever since. That is my eBay account name, my email, and Yahoo Messenger, basically everywhere that I need a screen name. But for some reason, when I joined here, I put my real name as what I wanted to be known as. Now my hobbies are split, I don't do hardly any audio taping these days but do video taping of bands...and I am trying to get back into food issue/ product premium collecting. So, with that said.... that is my "secret identity"!!

Posts: 736 | Location: Carmel, IN. | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post