Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Secret Identities
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Wendi
posted Hide Post
Will you guys believe my name really isn't Wendi... Wink

Posts: 2211 | Location: IL, USA | Registered: February 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Wendi
posted Hide Post
No, I was just kidding (see the wink), my name really is Wendi. I like to keep things simple.

As for the avatar, see this new topic I started today for the explanation...
How did you pick your Avatar?

[This message was edited by Wendi on August 22, 2003 at 12:11 PM.]

Posts: 2211 | Location: IL, USA | Registered: February 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quickbeam
posted Hide Post
My name comes from the Lord of the Rings. Quickbeam is the youngest of the Ents and is assigned as kind of a babysitter to Merry and Pippin by Treebeard. Quickbeam is considered to be "rather hasty" for an Ent. It's also my handle on the Lord of the Rings Fan Club board.
It also apparently is the handle of one of the writers on The One Ring.Net so I get an e-mail about once a month asking me if I am him! I have this cool link to tell them who I really am:

Dragon Con Guest listing

Quickbeam

Posts: 307 | Location: Jacksonville Florida USA | Registered: June 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bladecmc
posted Hide Post
When I first registered for eBay I used the name HairyArseFart Eek (can I say that Confused)

Then after a few week I didn't think many people would trade or deal with a person with a name that stupid Big Grin so after many long hours (honest) I used the Vamp killer Blade and added my initials cmc to the end Bladecmc

and it's as boring as that Elephant

www.bladecmc.net

Posts: 122 | Location: Ireland | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Vincent
posted Hide Post
Vincent is actually an acronym for...that doesn't work, cant think of anything clever to say.

Vincent, as many of you may have guessed already, is my REAL NAME. *gasps* Yes it is true. Alas, my name need not be over complicated. Simple as that.

http://www.geocities.com/kataztrophik/

Posts: 173 | Location: Boston, MA, USA | Registered: July 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of BigD
posted Hide Post
Okay it's not really that long. My name is Darren, I'm kind of a long drink of water so that's where the big came from, amazingly complicated eh? So of course when my son was born and he was named Dylan he became lil'd. There, I've contributed to all three of the somewhat related who are you, why are you, posts. My wife would be amazed at how much information I have given out about myself.

"Always do right! This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."Mark Twain

Posts: 783 | Location: Idaho | Registered: June 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jessica
posted Hide Post
I actually got confused when I was filling out the registration thingy and put in my real name for a username Big Grin oops! It was one of my ditzy moments. But that's actually ok, I like using my real name now - I've gotten used to it. Smile

Jessica

Posts: 1950 | Location: Baltimore, Maryland, USA | Registered: May 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Perfect Tommy
posted Hide Post
Mine comes from a character from Buckaroo Banzai, or if you want to be specific: The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the Eighth Dimention. I liked the character, because he was just so darn cool. He also had the bleached blonde look, way before Spike that is.

<-o-> He's like the pope for the dark side of the Force. He's a holy man; a shaman, kind of, albeit an evil one.

Posts: 736 | Location: DFW | Registered: February 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lindskelly
posted Hide Post
Okay, most of you don't know me since I have only traded with a small number of card talk members so most of the time, I lurk! I do enjoy reading the posts!

My screen name is a combination of my dogs' names
Lindsey and Kelly, two really cute cairn terriers. Not that you care!! Wink

Posts: 141 | Location: Maryland | Registered: March 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of venom5liter
posted Hide Post
I finally stumbled across this thread so I'll add my info.

I got the name venom5liter from my love of Ford Mustangs. I drive a 1991 LX and I've loved these cars ever since I was 15 years old. It has now turned into a hobby in itself with the endless customizations and additions of performance engine parts.

Venom comes from Mustang Cobras to represent the powerful poison Cobra snakes have. 5liter comes from the size of the engine (for now, anyways).

So there you have it.

Mike
Trade List | Want List

Posts: 1857 | Location: Sugar Grove, IL, United States | Registered: October 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kesmit
posted Hide Post
KEvin SMITh easy really Big Grin

Kevin

Rufus: Very basic strategy. If your enemies know where you are then don't be there!

Posts: 668 | Location: Kent,UK | Registered: March 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
One of the reasons I picked Redemption was that I was hoping that I'd get lucky in my pulls... like a lucky rabbits foot Big Grin

Kendra to Buffy: "I call it Mr. Pointy." Twak

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of BuffyAngelFan
posted Hide Post
My screen name is one of the more self explanatory ones! Basically I'm a fan of Buffy The Vampire Slayer and Angel! I always wish I could be inventive with screen names, I must lack imagination or something!

-Claire

http://clairestradingcards.mysite.freeserve.com

Posts: 513 | Location: UK | Registered: August 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of tialessa
posted Hide Post
Hmmmmmmmmm I thought I'd mentioned this before, but obviously not...

Tialessa - a combination of two character names

Tia - one of two main characters from Alexander Key's book "Escape to Witch Mountain". She had strong psychic powers.

Lessa - the main character in Anne McCaffrey's Pern series. I've always identified with her.

Lessa
http://members.fortunecity.com/smithsonian/

Posts: 5550 | Location: Georgia, USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of TWS
posted Hide Post
Okay so my screen name here is only the first Initials of my email address and my business TWS=The Wright Stuff...Boring Ho Hum... My Aim ID I've had many comments about. TW The Greatest was a work thing where everyone chose a name that suits them and I naturally though "Hey I'm the Boss so naturally I'm the greatest". All my engineers changed theirs to something that matches. AQ The Great and J The Coolest. Everyone says "You sure have a high opinion of yourself" and I say "Hey I sure do"... Puke Barf....At least I'm original. Eek

Tom
The Wright Stuff
Aim Id. TWthegreatest

Posts: 2099 | Location: none | Registered: September 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Obi Wan Chrisobi
posted Hide Post
The Chris part of my name is simple as it is my name. As for the rest of it, if you can't figure it out, then you have been living under a rock for the last quarter century Wink

These aren't the cards you're looking for....

Posts: 425 | Location: Canada | Registered: August 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just my initials and year I was born Roll Eyes. Some years ago I needed new email address very quickly but when thinking what should be my address, nothing really came to my mind so...

Posts: 16 | Location: Finland | Registered: May 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of DOUBLEooSEVEN
posted Hide Post
Its because im a bond freak of course. Thumb Up

Posts: 1230 | Location: Canada | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of solo-977
posted Hide Post
solo-977.

han solo- 1977 year starwars was released

"There is in Hell a region that is called Malbowges;
it is all of iron-grey stone,Like the huge barrier-rock with which it's walled."
Dante- The Divine Comedy.

Posts: 294 | Location: Geelong vic, Australia | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of xst
posted Hide Post
Welcome, Mr. Solo. Dance Dance Dance

Happy Stargating!

Posts: 1395 | Location: BC, Canada | Registered: June 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post