Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 11
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Secret Identities
 Login/Join

Picture of Sebulba-X
posted Hide Post
I probably put more thought into this than I should have, and I've probably given different answers depending on when I'm asked, but here's how my brain works:

To start off, I wanted to use the same name in various palces. I post a lot on various Star Wars boards and usually plain character names are just taken, so I didn't even try to register "Sebulba". So I had to tweak it a bit...Sebulba's pod had the X design, but also residing in the back of my mind was this Boondocks Comic that I thought was hilarious, so I thought it would be funny if Jar Jar's former enemy joined him in his revolutionary digs, ala Malcom X.

Ultimately, I just thought it looked cool. Didn't have Darth or Jedi in the title, and he was my favorite character. The only trading card connection would be the first version of my card need/have page had a Sebulba graphic on it, then I photo-chopped one of Sebulba at the Indy 500 (I live in Indy), and from there the pics kept coming and a full fledged fansite was created, until LFL shut down their free fan.starwars.com domains. I've yet to get the site back up, but it's on my things to do list.

[ 04-12-2002: Message edited by: Sebulba-X ]

Posts: 74 | Location: Cumberland, IN USA | Registered: January 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi all. I'm still fairly new to the forum...but I'm having fun with it...the best I've seen! My nick results from my main collecting interest...intercompany crossovers. I have every intercompany crossover comic, variant cover, poster trading and promo card from the 20th Century...that I know of...except for the vaunted DC Vs Marvel mirage promo. See the new promo section for more details on that one.

Also, I'm a correspondence chess Master, so the "King" part of the name seemed to fit as well.

Posts: 7 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: March 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jack London
posted Hide Post
My name and avatar are homages to one of my favorite authors. Jack London represents the ideals of truly living life, having dreams, and appreciating beauty in both natural and manmade realms.

"Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes." Henry David Thoreau

Posts: 1553 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jack London
posted Hide Post
It should read, "Jack London to me represents..." Smile

Posts: 1553 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Jack [ Webb Julie ] London

Posts: 1132 | Location: Cleveland Hts. , Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Star*Mystyk
posted Hide Post
We could always have a photo gallery to reveal our 'secret identities,' lol. (Coming from someone who hates having her photo taken Razz )
Which reminds me, one of the characters I encountered in Oblivion looked just like RupT! I did laugh at the resemblence Wink

Posts: 3225 | Location: AU | Registered: June 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of SciFiMom
posted Hide Post
Mine's pretty simply: I chose my name because I'm a fan of Sci-Fi and I'm a mom. Big Grin

I'm a proud Browncoat, so my avatar is Kaylee from the tv series Firefly and (more recently) the movie Serenity.

Posts: 3953 | Location: Utah, USA | Registered: March 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I have no imagination and nothing to hide Smokin'

Posts: 3874 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: January 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of tsmeltzer
posted Hide Post
T = Tim
Smeltzer = Smeltzer

My name... my avatar is Mal from the Serenity TPB cover. Firefly Forever!

alternate email:
tim dot smeltzer at excite.com

Posts: 2625 | Location: Rockville MD | Registered: September 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of SciFiMom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tsmeltzer:
My name... my avatar is Mal from the Serenity TPB cover. Firefly Forever!

You can't take the sky from me! Wink

Posts: 3953 | Location: Utah, USA | Registered: March 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jack London
posted Hide Post
I have a confession to make: I have never seen either Serenity or a single episode of Firefly. After hearing so much about them on this site, I resolve to check them out in the very near future.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of tsmeltzer
posted Hide Post
Jack... start with Firefly (the DVD set). Watch the episodes in order. When you get to the last one, wait until you can't wait no more and then watch Serenity.

alternate email:

Posts: 2625 | Location: Rockville MD | Registered: September 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of SciFiMom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tsmeltzer:
Jack... start with Firefly (the DVD set). Watch the episodes in order. When you get to the last one, wait until you can't wait no more and then watch Serenity.

I second that! Definitely watch Firefly first. Dance

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jack London
posted Hide Post
Sounds good. My sister has the DVD set of Firefly so I will borrow it from her. Thumb Up

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of tsmeltzer
posted Hide Post
I am excited for you - and jealous... I can barely remember being a Firefly virgin. I hope that you enjoy watching the shows.

alternate email:

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of SciFiMom
posted Hide Post
Shiny! Have a great time watching it. Smile

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
Mine is basically the first letters of my three names,How old I was when I joined the forum and the country I was born in.
A little boring but easy to remember.

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of SciFiMom
posted Hide Post
I was curious about yours, so thanx for the clarification. Smile How about the avatar?

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of charmedmad
posted Hide Post
mines just simple really well people might think its just cos i am mad about charmed but its not. mine is cos i love charmed and madonna so just shortend madonna to mad and put it on the end

Posts: 4508 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: March 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of dmatsuda
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by charmedmad:
mines just simple really well people might think its just cos i am mad about charmed but its not. mine is cos i love charmed and madonna so just shortend madonna to mad and put it on the end

Ahh...I knew about the Charmed but didn't figure the "Mad" onna part out. Smile

Posts: 1446 | Location: Honolulu, HI | Registered: May 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post