Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Secret Identities
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
One of my first screennames was BUG....
It was nicked from a car licence plate in Ibiza and it kinda stuck, when I play Arcade games and other games it comes up.... Carnevil acade game that was in an arcade in King's Cross years ago, the top 10 high scores was all BUG so if you were in King's Cross and saw that name..... Yep that was MEO!!!!!!!
As to this name???? KADRAN was a fictional character which I created.... that went around fighting crime and vampires and the rest....
Sadly i wrote a book and the contents were stored on a pc and I lost the lot Frown Frown Frown
But hey it happens!!!!!! Maybe some day he will come back Smile Smile Smile

KADRAN00157

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardinalfan13
posted Hide Post
I live in st. louis mo so a bigfan of the st.louis Cardinals baseball team and 13 is my lucky number

Posts: 614 | Location: Missouri | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted Hide Post
My name here "Mister E." came from when I worked at a kindergarten and the children had a rough time with my first name and as my last name starts with E, I became "Mister E." (and no it is not ED..... darn talking horse). Dance

Posts: 2744 | Location: Haverhill, Ma. U.S.A. | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I took Raven because it sounds like one of the X-Men, although the special power escapes me. Big Grin

I've noticed that there is a stillraven, but I think that has to do with the TV series.

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mister E.:
My name here "Mister E." came from when I worked at a kindergarten and the children had a rough time with my first name and as my last name starts with E, I became "Mister E." (and no it is not ED..... darn talking horse). Dance

And here I thought it was because you were a mystery. Big Grin

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
I took Raven because it sounds like one of the X-Men, although the special power escapes me. Big Grin

Don't you mean the Teen Titans? Big Grin

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
I don't remember why I chose Redemption....

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
"What's going to happen to chesspieceface?
There go I, but for my face.
All I know could be replaced by the facts of the life of chess...piece...face"

Anyboy recognize that?

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Redemption:

Sorry, never heard of them.

Now if you'd said Power Rangers, Ninja Turtles, or even Tella Tubbies I could relate. Wink

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Starchild
posted Hide Post
"Starchild" represents 2 things for me...

1. My love for V, in which the character of Elizabeth is known as the Star Child.

2. Another love of mine is KISS, in which Paul Stanley is also known as the Star Child.

Posts: 603 | Location: CT | Registered: March 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MikeFitz
posted Hide Post
" "What's going to happen to chesspieceface?

Anyboy recognize that?"

Mmmm...
They Might Be Giants Thumb Up

Posts: 1457 | Location: New England | Registered: January 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted Hide Post
Redemption, I am still a mystery "Mister E". Just wanted to know if anyone was reading about me. Are you redemption because you want to be redeemed??? How much would I get to Redeem you, and where would I redeem you ??? Confused Confused Eek

Posts: 2744 | Location: Haverhill, Ma. U.S.A. | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mister E.:
Redemption, I am still a mystery "Mister E". Just wanted to know if anyone was reading about me. Are you redemption because you want to be redeemed??? How much would I get to Redeem you, and where would I redeem you ??? Confused Confused Eek

lol... Big Grin Actually, I may have chosen it as it sounded very western and I was collecting the Wild Wild West season 1 set. I think my first avatar on this site was the poker game one.

Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
quote:

Sorry, never heard of them.

Blasphemy! Eek

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeFitz:
" "What's going to happen to chesspieceface?

Anyboy recognize that?"

Mmmm...
They Might Be Giants Thumb Up

You got it, MikeFitz.
Nice to know there's at least one other card collector who knows of TMBG. About 10 years back, when we started selling on Ebay, we wanted to reference another of their songs with the name "Mr. Me", but somebody already had that one, so we used our second choice, "Chesspieceface".

Every so often, somebody would catch it and let us know. Good times. Smile

Anyway, this is a great thread that I hope lots more people chime in on. I've always wondered about the reasons behind many of the fourm names.

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of anjee
posted Hide Post
this is such a fun thread! i have often wondered what everyone's names meant.

so, my name is actually anjee. how boring is that? Big Grin

Posts: 310 | Location: madison,wi | Registered: January 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by anjee:

so, my name is actually anjee. how boring is that? Big Grin

Actually, I think it's a really cute way to spell it. Big Grin

Picture of anjee
posted Hide Post
aww shucks redemption. you's makin' me blush. Big Grin

seriously though, there is a reason for it. i had 7 angelas in my grade growing up. so when i was a freshman in high school i sat down and wrote down a bunch of ways to spell angie and that's the one i liked. so ever since i have spelled it that way.

Posts: 310 | Location: madison,wi | Registered: January 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by anjee:
aww shucks redemption. you's makin' me blush. Big Grin

seriously though, there is a reason for it. i had 7 angelas in my grade growing up. so when i was a freshman in high school i sat down and wrote down a bunch of ways to spell angie and that's the one i liked. so ever since i have spelled it that way.

lol... good for you for expressing your own individuality.

And at least you didn't have a teacher in grade school that kept failing you because she insisted that you were spelling your own name wrong liek I did. My older sister had to go with my legal papers to prove her wrong, but I still remember the other kids laughing at me for getting my name wrong. Roll Eyes

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
And at least you didn't have a teacher in grade school that kept failing you because she insisted that you were spelling your own name wrong liek I did. My older sister had to go with my legal papers to prove her wrong, but I still remember the other kids laughing at me for getting my name wrong. Roll Eyes

Oh dear, that sounds like the stuff of repressed childhood trauma. Wink

Not to mention a pretty lousy teacher. Twak