Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 11
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Secret Identities
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
my screenname is obvious but I don't just collect disney cards, I love all non-sport cards & some sport cards too (NY Yankees only). It's just the possible aquistion of a disney card I don't have makes my heart pound & my brow sweat until I hold it in my hand as my own.
-beth

Posts: 45 | Location: Rhode Island, USA | Registered: May 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of mtlhddoc2
posted Hide Post
Say, this is really great... Harris, could we put in searchable profiles with a biography type section??? This way we could all just list what we collect or whatever in them, maybe even trading lists???? I know what it takes to purchase/program something like that and its not cheap/easy.. but I think it may attract more members!

Posts: 7774 | Location: Censored | Registered: November 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
I don't know about searchable, but there is already a 'Profile' option.
To see the profile of the writer, hit the little icon with a question mark on it!
Au Res.,
Paul

(who will agree to disagree over the Trekker/Trekkie debate, and who would like to say that 'Pooky' is a character in one of the "Lucia" books of E.F.Benson!)

Posts: 7202 | Location: Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of robwaddle
posted Hide Post
hi from the 2nd member who can't be bothered to use a nickname. my name is rob waddle & i use the same for my email: robwaddle@hotmail.com.

hope u all had a nice easter.

rob

Posts: 372 | Location: UK | Registered: February 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Hi:

Paul is right. You can look at anyone's profile by clicking on the profile icon in a post. As for making the profiles searchable, I don't know if the company that provides us with the forum script has that in the works or not. Maybe I can look into after the Philly show, if I get a free minute.

Harris

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't know if England & europe are different but around here it is trekkie & will always be trekkie. And wasn't Pooky the name of Garfield's brown teddybear? smile

-beth

Posts: 45 | Location: Rhode Island, USA | Registered: May 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
...and Kennywood, thanks for explaining what your name means. We all thought your real name was Kenneth Wood.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
I thought he owned a lumber company....

Posts: 4849 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Quaint1: Someone who takes pleasure mainly from the simpler things in life.

Not wrong!
Au Res.,
Paul

Posts: 7202 | Location: Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of angeleyes777
posted Hide Post
I couldn't be more flattered by your interpretation, Kennywood. smile

Posts: 643 | Location: Modesto, CA, USA | Registered: July 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CalHarley
posted Hide Post
Not much imagination to mine. My name is Cal Harley Davidson and I usally find the Harley-Davidson is taken, so started using CalHarley.

Posts: 40 | Location: Cushing, ME | Registered: April 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of hoffmaster007
posted Hide Post
WOW !!! I don't think I ever laughed harder reading these pages!! Some of you guys (and the fairer sex) should write card backs for a living! Now, If we could only get Zina to do the card fronts!!! What a card set that would be!!! Have fun & Great Collecting!!

Posts: 161 | Location: Harrisburg Pa U.S.A. | Registered: August 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
Writing card backs eh...
Do I sense a set of "Card Talk" trading cards?
A huge base set, with a picture of (or approximating to) a member, details on the back (including their 'legend'). #1 would, of course, be Harris...
Auto cards could also be included and I would be more than happy to cut up an old pair of jeans is a costume card is required...
Au Res.,
Paul

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of mtlhddoc2
posted Hide Post
I would submit a pair of my old sneakers for a costume card, but i wont do an auto cause noone would ever believe that is my real signature wink

Posts: 7774 | Location: Censored | Registered: November 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
A card set,hah that would be awesome.Ok here is my idea..
Front of card can be either a caricature or sketch of said collector.Back can be a short bio of who/where you're from and what your fav is and what was your first intro into collecting etc..The inserts can be a sound card of whatever collecible info you wish to share.The case insert should be an a redemption f an all expense paid trip to either the Wizard World show in Chicago or the San Diego Con.
JMO.
Bernie

Posts: 10449 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of carlvinson
posted Hide Post
Hello. This looks like a good place for my first post. When I first went online 6 months ago, the first name that came to mind was the ship I was stationed on in the navy. The USS Carlvinson(CVN-70). I've used it for everything, accept Yahoo and Ebay it is carlvinsonbt3.
Chris

P.S. It's definitely TREKKIE!

Posts: 627 | Location: Corning, California | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
CV,

I figured thats what it was. I am still in the Navy, about to go to Italy for 3 years. I heard that there is a Topps company there. As far as a collectors set is concerned I think a good chase would be "pieces of the hot card" we cut up your most valuable card and make 1/2" swatches out of it. It would be rare because one card couldnt make very many. (imagine my best costume card being cut up into a costume card). also you could have rise of the collector "ealy purchase photo with a big smiling dealer in the picture" , death of a collector "selling collection for pennies on the dollar for one reason or another with a big smiling dealer in the picture" and beyond the collector a cool foil card showing us doing other interesting things with our lives besides collecting cards (like collecting comic books or coins).

mike

Posts: 4849 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Kristy
posted Hide Post
Totally Off Topic here.
Ack! Navy Men! You all are scaring me, j/k smile Had a horrible relationship with a bf of 3 years that soured when he went to the Navy(cheating, lying, drinking, excessive tattoos)
But it seems to me you are nice guys smile
My hubby was a Marine, but I didn't know him then, thank the Gods.

Posts: 1042 | Location: Modesto, CA USA | Registered: November 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pcetodd
posted Hide Post
Yes, with the major success of "People Cards", I think the spin-off set "Geek Cards" would be a smash hit. I'd donate a pair of underwear I have owned since puberty that must be worth a ton of money. Yeah...and maybe instead of autograph cards we could have "DNA Splash" cards. Oh boy is this GREAT! I will quit now...

Sorry, I tend to be a warped individual at times

Posts: 2362 | Location: Maine | Registered: August 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Aaawwww!

come on Kristy, you dont have to be in the navy to have all of those fine qualities. There are scumbags and bagettes everywhere. Glad you have finally found peace in a relationship. DNA cards couldnt work we might have some mad scientist try to clone the finest members of society The Non Sports Card Collector. They would cage us up and put us on display. It would be a phenonmenon!! well call it....(background music)....Nosporssic Park!!