Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Card Talk's Greatest Hits    pictures of rarer promos
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 19
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

pictures of rarer promos
 Login/Join

NSU Elf
Picture of Over_Worked_Mom
posted Hide Post
My husband is as much a drooling fan-boy collector as anyone here Wink I'd like to see someone take his cards...

btw - welcome Collectress - I missed your intro post earlier and usually try to hit them all Smile

Posts: 4053 | Location: Lansdale, PA | Registered: January 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of gilgle
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Robert Kohlbus:
Here are two prototype cards that I'm sure no one has ever seen. When we make lenticular set, you have to create the actual physical cards to be sent to the licensor for approval. Because of the cost we make only a small hand-full (ie: less than the number of fingers on your hand).

QUOTE]

I think the cards look great!

Posts: 1247 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here are 2 prototypes for the 1994 Nancy Kerrigan set by Topps. These are pretty tough to find, also.

The fronts
http://img227.exs.cx/img227/1913/PROMOSA.jpg

and backs

http://img227.exs.cx/img227/1751/PROMOSB.jpg

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Back in 1999, Duo Cards/Comic Images produced two foil promos, numbered PR1 and PR2, for their HOT WHEELS set.

A few years ago, someone showed me an unnumbered card for the same set, which had a totally different image on the front. The back was labelled "prototype". I do not personally own this card, nor do I have a scan of it, unfortunately.

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Artist
posted Hide Post
Anyone know anything about this 8-cards set of 1991 "Kids Around the World" insert in box of Kudos/M&M?

Posts: 231 | Location: South of the border, TX, USA | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Oh man are there some great hard to find Promos out there Smile
gotta say that Farscape in motion was cool Smile

KADRAN00157

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cardsparadise
posted Hide Post
Hi David

Valiant thankyou promo cards.
how many different available.??

Posts: 114 | Location: Brisbane,QLD,AUSTRALIA | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KADRAN00157:
Oh man are there some great hard to find Promos out there Smile
gotta say that Farscape in motion was cool Smile

KADRAN00157

I made the mistake of putting my PM-1(?) in an old screw down...the ones without the recess. Shake Head

Ruined it when it glued itself to the plastic. Frown

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Robert Kohlbus:
Here are two prototype cards that I'm sure no one has ever seen. When we make lenticular set, you have to create the actual physical cards to be sent to the licensor for approval. Because of the cost we make only a small hand-full (ie: less than the number of fingers on your hand).

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/rkohlbus/fim-prototype.jpg Farscape In Motion Promo P1 Prototype

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/rkohlbus/fim-m7.jpg Farscape In Motion Preview Set M7 Disapproved Card

Very nice!

But that set was absolutely beautiful and my fav to this day! Thumb Up

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Artist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Artist:
Anyone know anything about this 8-cards set of 1991 "Kids Around the World" insert in box of Kudos/M&M?

Nobody want to answer my question

Posts: 231 | Location: South of the border, TX, USA | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Dobby The House Elf
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Nobody want to answer my question

I would answer if I knew but I don't so I wont. Wink

Posts: 3469 | Location: The Cupboard Under The Stairs, 4 Privet Drive, Little Whinging, Surrey | Registered: September 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Poor redemption, that just made the care rarer
Frown hopes you get another one Smile

KADRAN00157

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
does anyone have a picture of the Superman SW1 promo?

that would be much appreciated.

Posts: 260 | Location: Downunder | Registered: June 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of thoughtofyou13times
posted Hide Post
Hello Like most I am trying to complete some of my sets. but these are some of the hardest for me to find and are what some would call promo as they were very limited in release I have included scans of them if anyone has any idea on where to find them email,PM or Reply..

Dc master series
Uncut Sheet of the Inserts
Uncut sheet of this set
Almost all 6 card panels of this set
any of the prototype cards as well.
Any error cards to this set
(here is an example of one I already have)

Superman the Man of Steel
SW-1 Wonder woman promo card

Uncut Spectra Printers Proof set with 6 sets of the Six Card Spectra Insert set.

Uncut sheet of this set
Any of the 6 card panel cards to this set.
Any error cards to this set.
(again and example to one I already have)

Superman Holo series
Uncut sheet of this set
Some of the 4 card uncut panels.
Some of the uncut 6 card panels.
The two card dealers promo set.
The dealers Sheet to this set.
Some red or Bronze cards( not silver or gold) or could use full set of each.
Any hobby box of this set..

The Return of Superman

uncut sheet of this set

Gold S logo uncut sheet Sp1-Sp4

DC Bloodlines
Uncut Sheet of this set

Uncut sheet of the Embossed superman foil card and Redemption card plus 2 (12 in all on sheet)

If any one can help or know how to reach somone who can lt me know .Thanks..

This message has been edited. Last edited by: thoughtofyou13times,

Posts: 46 | Location: Sun Shine State of Mind | Registered: March 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post

I pulled this from a single pack buy at a comic book store. Honestly hadn't followed this set release & had no idea what I'd found until I looked it up.

Posts: 937 | Location: UK | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi thought of you 13 times this seeing your post reminds me have a look on u know were for Rare 1994 Superman The Man of Steel Platinum Series Promotional Folder it might be in your line of interest

Posts: 758 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
A lot of links to photos are broken in this thread. If any members from the first few pages can post new links, I think others, including me, would like to see some those still hard-to-find promos. I'll go through my stuff and see what I have that hasn't been posted before.

Jess

Posts: 4372 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:
A lot of links to photos are broken in this thread. If any members from the first few pages can post new links, I think others, including me, would like to see some those still hard-to-find promos. I'll go through my stuff and see what I have that hasn't been posted before.

Jess

Jess

I think that you maybe out of luck as the majority of the pictures seem to have been provided by people who no longer visit the forum.

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
quote:
A lot of links to photos are broken in this thread.

I guess this is the consequence of Photobucket charging $75.00 a year.

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I didn't notice any broken/blurred Photobucket links in this thread but there are a lot of them in the "Favorite Sketch" thread which I looked at yesterday. Some of the links in this one now go to a French site.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
quote:
A lot of links to photos are broken in this thread.

I guess this is the consequence of Photobucket charging $75.00 a year.

Posts: 4372 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post