Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Card Talk's Greatest Hits    pictures of rarer promos
Page 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 19
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

pictures of rarer promos
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Toss it in the trash can along with the movie, right where it belongs!

Q: Are you a fan of the Austin Powers movies, kind sir?

A: Nope!

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cardaddict:
Toss it in the trash can along with the movie, right where it belongs!

Q: Are you a fan of the Austin Powers movies, kind sir?

A: Nope!

OH BEHAVE. Twak

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
THAT made me laugh, unlike the movie(s).

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I thought the first movie was great. The second and third weren't as good.

Posts: 4372 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
They just weren't my cup of...

...tea.

I found them all horribly repulsive.
And now, back to trading cards!

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
You didn't like Ming Tea?

I didn't understand doing a card set for "The Spy Who Shagged Me" when they hadn't done one for the first movie.

quote:
Originally posted by cardaddict:
They just weren't my cup of...

...tea.

I found them all horribly repulsive.
And now, back to trading cards!

Posts: 4372 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Any movie with Susannah Hoffs has some redeeming value.

For someone who is 62, she is holding up well .

Posts: 2198 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This 4-card set of "Lost in Space" cards (Inkworks, 1997) was inserted one per box of General Mills cereal in the U.S. The cards have embossed foil fronts.

The singles were going for about $5 each for years though they are not often offered. I've noticed that sellers are asking a lot for them now - sometimes more than $40 each - though I haven't seen one go for that. The recent reimagined TV series might have spurred renewed interest in the 90's cards.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here's a scan of 7 of the "Galaxy Quest" cards from the 9-card set:

quote:
Originally posted by JOHN LEVITT:
Here are is a scan of the front and back of the promo packet.

Front

Back
[IMG:left] [/IMG]

regards

John

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here are a couple of comic book promos I haven't seen for sale in years. In fact, the only time I did see them was in a bargain box at a local comics/collectibles show. These are the "Xstacy" promos numbered 1A and 1B (Fresco Cards, 1997) that were given out at the 1997 Chicago Comicon and also the San Diego Comic-Con that year (handed out by the artist, Franchesco). There's a third card that is just the same two in uncut form.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here's one of four promos for Marvel Master Prints promos (Marvel Characters, Inc., 2001). Each one features the character, Elektra, with art by Greg Horn. They were given out at the 2001 San Diego Comic-Con and they measure 6 1/2 x 10. I saw one for sale earlier this year but didn't see if it sold. They aren't often for sale.

This is the one that was added to the Marvel Master Prints entry in PCE2008. It hadn't been documented before.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:
Here are a couple of comic book promos I haven't seen for sale in years... These are the "Xstacy" promos numbered 1A and 1B (Fresco Cards, 1997) that were given out at the 1997 Chicago Comicon and also the San Diego Comic-Con that year (handed out by the artist, Franchesco). There's a third card that is just the same two in uncut form.

You have no idea how long I have been looking for these!
At least I know what they look like now.

Posts: 1019 | Location: Overseas | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yeah, there's almost nothing more elusive than the small press, comic book promo cards that were given out either at just local shows or in "artist's row" at larger shows. Sometimes, they weren't easily visible on the table. Even with the internet, the cards and the comic were hard-to-find when you looked for them later.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here's another of the Marvel Master Prints promos:

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Oooh i've got that one............somewhere, in a box, underneath a pile of other stuff. Big Grin

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This card promotes the Flair Marvel Annual '95 set (Fleer, 1995). It was given out at a show in Philadelphia and one in Hawaii in 1995. It measures 6 1/2 x 10 inches and is the promo version of one of the "Flairprints" case cards. The promo differs because the case cards have mostly blank backs except for a UPC code and #290.

I had not seen it before when I found it for sale at a local show in the late 90's. The dealer had two of them and I bought both, trading one years later. I've seen it for sale only a few times in recent years.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: catskilleagle,

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This is the #3 promo for Edenquest cards (High Heels Productions, 1996). These cards have etched foil fronts and measure 2 1/2 x 7 inches. There are 2 promos and a regular 14-card set showcasing Pamela Anderson but the promo shown here advertises an Edenquest set that was going to feature model, Anna Nicole Smith but it was never made. Collectors saw fewer of this card than the two Anderson promos at the time. It seems to have had a smaller print run and it is even harder to find now.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I just read in an auction description for "The Comebacks" set that noted it was part of a promo pack given out in theaters.

quote:
Originally posted by aeolus14ummbra:
Hi Raven - the wrapper is commercially produced (multicolor with artwork) and is marked 20th Century Fox and has the URL Foxatomic.com - I’ll post a scan of it later this afternoon. I’m fairly certain that these are not unlicensed cards - if they are, then someone has access to some high-end packaging equipment. From what I was told, they were supposedly given out at theaters at the time of release. With 22 cards in the pack, it’s fairly thick, so I have a hard time believing these were some sort of premium with a DVD or similar.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: catskilleagle,

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This is the oversized P0 promo for the X-File Fight the Future set (Topps, 1998). It has the same front as the standard-sized P1 but measures 3 1/8 x 4 3/8 inches (8 x 11cm) and was released in the U.K. It says "Limited Edition Card of 3000" on the back. It's not often seen for sale these days.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardscout182
posted Hide Post
Nice X=Files promo Cats... any chance anyone here has a set or can point me to a thread, featuring the Bob Marley promos from Island Vibes but with an orange border..? I've often heard about these but never seen them... Thanks in advance Wavey

Posts: 707 | Location: sydney nsw australia | Registered: February 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post