Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Card Talk's Greatest Hits    pictures of rarer promos
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 19
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

pictures of rarer promos
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here is the Little Mermaid promo by Disney, the hard to find pop-out version, by Pro Set. Note that this is NOT the regular promo card

http://img154.exs.cx/img154/1426/MERMAIDfront.jpg

http://img150.exs.cx/img150/3760/mermaidback5te.jpg

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
David,
It goes to show you that promo collecting is still in its infancy or maybe pre-pubescent stage. Lots of bargains to be found if only you know what to look for!!!!! Smile

Posts: 1019 | Location: Overseas | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Joe McKinney
posted Hide Post
Well, I tried to post some pics, but had no luck. I'll have to find out what I did wrong and try again.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Joe McKinney,

Posts: 976 | Location: Clayton, Alabama, U.S.A | Registered: January 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Re: Biospheres. I just picked them up, one by one. Without ebay, I would not have been able to find the # 5 and 25.

With regards to completing promo sets, I wish that I could complete my 1993 Valiant Thank You card set, as well as my set of Star 93 show promos, with as much ease. On the Valiants, I am still missing 6 of the 30, and I need about 1/2 of the Star 93s. Anyone out there with any that they want to part with ? Smile

David

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Artist
posted Hide Post
I have about 12 packs of that card. Anyone care to trade?

quote:
Originally posted by David R:
Here is the Little Mermaid promo by Disney, the hard to find pop-out version, by Pro Set. Note that this is NOT the regular promo card

Posts: 231 | Location: South of the border, TX, USA | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Artist:

quote:

If this is the Little Mermaid pop-out promo, send me an email (address in profile).

Thanks.

Mike.

Posts: 5347 | Location: Warrenton, Virginia, USA | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Artist
posted Hide Post
no, it the Unnumbered, issued in 5-card cello pack with promos Bill & Ted's and two others sports cards. if you are still interested, please let me know and I will contact you by email.

quote:
Originally posted by miket999:
quote:
Originally posted by Artist:

quote:

If this is the Little Mermaid pop-out promo, send me an email (address in profile).

Thanks.

Mike.

Posts: 231 | Location: South of the border, TX, USA | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
Artist,

Thanks anyway, but I have several of the regular promo card.

Mike.

Posts: 5347 | Location: Warrenton, Virginia, USA | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Artist
???????? ABOUT
Those Pro-Set Gazzet promo card packs with the Bill and Tedd promo card.

Does this pack have the Promo music cards in it also ????
ALSO: What Golf cards does it have ????????

Back in those Good old days a company Gave out what ever they had on hand

Posts: 1858 | Location: PAUPACK,PA-USA | Registered: November 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Artist
posted Hide Post
Hi Card Master
These pack still seal and I don't want to open them. As I can see there is a music card, a race car Richard Pretty and Emmitt Smith card ...
Why? You need some?

quote:
Originally posted by Card Master:
Hi Artist
???????? ABOUT
Those Pro-Set Gazzet promo card packs with the Bill and Tedd promo card.

Does this pack have the Promo music cards in it also ????
ALSO: What Golf cards does it have ????????

Back in those Good old days a company Gave out what ever they had on hand

Picture of Artist
posted Hide Post
I have Apollo 11 "25th Anniversary" promo pack by Citgo 1994. It a 5-cards pack.
Anyone care to trade?

Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
We have hijacked this thread with all of the trade messages. I am guilty as well. Lets get this thread back on track please. Thank you.

Mike.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Artist

If you can see in the Pack

What Promo golf card is in the pack ????????

P Stewart ??? ,or. L Travino ??? ,or, Tawa???

ALSO: Does the Music card have promo on it or just a card # in the upper corner.
Then can you make out what star is on the music cards

Posts: 1858 | Location: PAUPACK,PA-USA | Registered: November 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi All
What is so special about this card ?????????
In the new PCE-TODD Book it has this card in color. With the words WANTED if you see it pick it up. WHY ???????????????
A few years back my wife got this card in a surprise trade and gave it to me.
Here is a pic of the front and back of the card

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi All

I do not see this card set in any non sport promo card price book.
Does any one know what they sell for ??????
How many different colors they came in ????
I am missing #5 of the yellow set.
I got a extra #7 of the yellow set.

I got this Viper Blue promo card pack from a friend that bought a 2000 VW NEW BUG Car.
He got this in his glove Box as a Promo.
ALSO:
Someone once told me that VW also gave these limited promo card packs out from there web sight when they first opened it in 2000.
So people could see the cars.

Inside the pack is a 9 card puzzle.
I got a extra pack so I opened one and made the Puzzle of the blue car.
But on the yellow car I am missing card # 5 and got a extra #7 card. For the yellow 2000 VW Yellow RELFLEX.
I opened the pack and could not beleave they did that.
Here is a pic of a factory sealed BLUE VIPER PACK

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Card Master,

Picture of pcetodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Card Master:

What is so special about this card ?????????
In the new PCE-TODD Book it has this card in color. With the words WANTED if you see it pick it up. WHY ???????????????

Because it was never released to the general public. Why do you use so many question marks?

Posts: 2362 | Location: Maine | Registered: August 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi David
Email me I got your "holy grails" set and a surprise.
From Guess Who ???????????????????????

to David with your regards and mine.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Joe McKinney
posted Hide Post
It looks like that VW promo pack says Vapor, not Viper. Vapor and Reflex are probably the names of the colors on the cars (as in Vapor Blue and Reflex Yellow). VW uses some creative names for the New Beetle colors. I have a 2004 New Beetle brochure which includes colors like Sundown Orange, Mellow Yellow, and Harvest Moon. This catalog also lists a Reflex Silver.

I know VW has done cards for several models, including the New Beetle, although I do not have any of these myself. I have a VW Jetta, and whenever I go to the dealer for service I always check for trading cards. So far I have not found any.

Posts: 976 | Location: Clayton, Alabama, U.S.A | Registered: January 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Promo Hunter

Thanks for the help.

When you go to the VW dealer .Ask the Dealer to check out the glove box.
That is were the guy that gave me the cards said he got his when he picked up his car.

There are no VW dealers by me.
I even tryed there websight and they never got back to me.
Now I got to try there web sight again and again.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
vw
2000 VW pack

Posts: 1019 | Location: Overseas | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post