Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Card Talk's Greatest Hits    Charmed P3 - Billy Drago autograph
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Charmed P3 - Billy Drago autograph
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of carlvinson
posted Hide Post
It's late, and I've had a backwards thought; probebly wrong and possibly dumb; but if most of the cards signed are different, would that make the few signed the same the more rare card?

Posts: 627 | Location: Corning, California | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of MiniMe
posted Hide Post
You're correct, but w/o knowing how many of each "variant" msg autograph card Billy Drago signed and whether he signed them as Billy Drago or Billy E. Drago, one would have no idea which is the more rare. And Inkworks won't say. And what shows up on eBay is only a portion of those pulled. Many will either not put theirs up for sale or not know (or care) about the various msg variants. So unless Billy Drago kept a log of how many he signed of each, and one can get that information from him, that'll remain another mystery. Frown

@@@ ScottEvil Cool

"I am a WATCHER, part of a secret society of men and women who observe and record but never interfere, we know the truth about immortals ....... In the end there can be only one !"

Posts: 4072 | Location: 40.71° N, 74.01° W | Registered: September 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
A-HA! I detect an epic quest here! Maybe a movie - "The Search For Every Last Drago Sig" starring Tom Cruise as Billy Drago, and Nicole Kidman as LesleyW - a woman on a mission to find all the variations of the Billi Drago signature. Special cameo appearence by Billy Drago as Harris Toser.

Could be the next summer surprise hit!
Au Res.,
Paul

Sometimes, one pack is not enough...
http://www.users.waitrose.com/~paulbines

Posts: 7202 | Location: Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got the impression from Allan C. that he thought Drago signed every card differently. I'd have posted sooner, but I just recalled the discussion. (It was a long day at WW.)
An interesting stream of consciousness if he signed every card in one sitting.
Mine is: "The Sickness spread quickly. Even the flowers died."

Posts: 332 | Location: NJ | Registered: November 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
They definitely aren't all signed differently since I've seen many on the list twice and "Yours in fear" many times (probably the most common one, Drago had to get tired at some point and that's the shortest one).

2 more as well.

"At the end is only fear"

"The taste of fear is sweet"

Both signed Billy E. Drago

Willow: "Yeah, I-I know, but... it's a whole night. I don't think I can sleep without her."
Anya: "You can sleep with me. Well, now that came out a lot more lesbian than it sounded in my head."

[This message was edited by Incarnadine on June 06, 2003 at 08:58 AM.]

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of red99
posted Hide Post
I just got my first Billy Drago from a box and its a gem
'At the end of time the last survivor will be fear'. Big Grin.

Awesome signature card if ever there was one.

Posts: 180 | Location: UK | Registered: April 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Quaint1:
A-HA! I detect an epic quest here! Maybe a movie - "The Search For Every Last Drago Sig" starring Tom Cruise as Billy Drago, and Nicole Kidman as LesleyW - a woman on a mission to find all the variations of the Billi Drago signature. Special cameo appearence by Billy Drago as Harris Toser.

How about Hugh Jackman as Billy Drago and LesleyW as LesleyW Big Grin.

Unfortunately I can't contribute to the thread as neither of my boxes contained a Billy Drago auto. Though I wish that the box which contained the A9 auto had.

Lesley

Posts: 3862 | Location: UK | Registered: December 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My first post !!

I have 3 new variants:
1.) We all pay rent in the house of fear
2.) His daddy pleaded with him pleaded with him - with confused and nearly dead dead eyes
3.) The end of hope is the end of fear

I will put all 3 on ebay today

Posts: 21 | Location: Manching, Germany | Registered: June 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by barobehere:
So, since Billy Drago scored low on the auto people wanted at first, where does he stand now?

Although when I first saw the auto list without the card images his wasn't one of the autos that made me think "This is a card I want". That did change when I saw how much of an effort he had put in and how varied the cards were.

At the time (before the images) I wouldn't have said this, but I would prefer the Billy Drago card over the Julian McMahon card. Of the cards listed the Billy Drago card makes my top 5 wants, which for anyone who may be interested Big Grin - Alyssa Milano, Rose McGowan, Adrian Paul, Elizabeth Gracen, Billy Drago. Any of the other auto cards in the set I would be happy to get (except for two) but those are the five that would make me go Yes! when I pulled them out of the pack.

Lesley

Posts: 3862 | Location: UK | Registered: December 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of DaveSB
posted Hide Post
Firstly welcome YVI to Card Talk Wave

Secondly.. I was going to get all of the variants when i thought there was only about 7!!!! Now I will be happy with just 1.

Dave

.... I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, and tomorrow isn't looking good either....

Posts: 2606 | Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia | Registered: January 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Sorry, where are my manners? It's a good job you're here David.

Welcome to CardTalk Yvi, hope you have a great time here and you'll be posting lots.

Lesley

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of MiniMe
posted Hide Post
--- Yvi:

- Welcome to Card Talk. Thank you for your 2 entries to the "Billy Drago/Billy E. Drago" wall of Fear messages. Wink Looks like it's going to be mighty bug one, once it's complete. Eek

@@@ ScottEvil Cool

"I am a WATCHER, part of a secret society of men and women who observe and record but never interfere, we know the truth about immortals ....... In the end there can be only one !"

Posts: 4072 | Location: 40.71° N, 74.01° W | Registered: September 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Perfect Tommy
posted Hide Post
Wow, this has got to be the most talked about surprise card this year. Perhapse a NSU interview is in the works to find out about his reasoning behind his unique style.

I can only imagine the thoughts going through his head when he did that. "Well, since I'm going up against two of the sisters and two immortals I guess I'd better do something." Big Grin

<-o-> He's like the pope for the dark side of the Force. He's a holy man; a shaman, kind of, albeit an evil one.

Posts: 736 | Location: DFW | Registered: February 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of carlvinson
posted Hide Post
I wonder if there is some way we could collectively show our appreciation for the effort he put into making his card special.

Posts: 627 | Location: Corning, California | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I've seen another one on Ebay which I don't think is on our list yet.

Fear is only an energy like love.

Sorry I didn't write down what signature he used on the card.

Lesley

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Oh and one more, and I got the signature this time:-

To sleep with fear is to seek the dawn.(Billy E. Drago)

Lesley

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of MiniMe
posted Hide Post
Speaking of variations......

- there may be one on the backs of the "Charmed: Power of Three" PieceWorks Cards.
CLICK HERE to see what was discovered (and to respond if you have it also).

@@@ ScottEvil Cool

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Okay,

Two more Big Grin.

In fear we trust - didn't get the signature, sorry I forget that bit 'cause I'm more interested in the phrase.

Ain't fear great Thanks Billy E. Drago.

Lesley

Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
Maybe if someone could find out his agent's contact details, we could express our appreciation of the effort Mr Drago has put into this?

The man deserves a round of applause at the very least, for injecting a little variety into the collector's mundane life!
Au REs.,
Paul

Sometimes, one pack is not enough...
http://www.users.waitrose.com/~paulbines

Posts: 7202 | Location: Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Quaint1:

Inkworks passed along an address to write Mr. Drago at:

Billy Drago
11288 Ventura Blvd.
#B102
Studio City, CA 91604

Take care.

Harris

Visit Non-Sport Update at www.nonsportupdate.com

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post