Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Card Talk's Greatest Hits    Charmed P3 - Billy Drago autograph
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Charmed P3 - Billy Drago autograph
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
First off apologies if this topic has already been covered, there was so much to read when I got back, that I kind of scanned through.

I was just wondering if anyone knew whether all of Billy Drago's autograph cards were different, or if there are so many of each card. I have just been going through Ebay and every card of his I've seen has something different on it, and these are different to the scans that are up at Warp9.

I was going to suggest if people didn't mind, posting what was on their BD card so we could have a kind of master list, but if he's managed to write something different on every card that's going to be a very long post.

I have to say when I first saw the list of who was signing he wasn't on my 'must have, have got to have that card' list. But now he makes the top five. For someone to take that time and effort whilst signing, puts certain other signers to shame.

Lesley

Posts: 3862 | Location: UK | Registered: December 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
For anyone who may be interested, or for those who are sad like me, here are the one's I've seen so far.

Choose the sweet taste of fear or suffer the bitterness of regret.
The story of fear is always an autobiography.
Yours to fear
Ride the train of fear to the final station.
Fear is a sweet smell.
Yours in fear.
Only the sin eater is friends with the ghost of fear.
Fear does not end with death.
The aura of fear lights the darkness.
And all my days are trances.
He placed a strawberry in front of every candle.
Savor your fear.
Fear can tickle your funny bone.
In the end only fear will remain.
Keep your fear wrapped about you.
Fear and Kisses love...

Lesley

[This message was edited by LesleyW on June 03, 2003 at 05:54 PM.]

Posts: 3862 | Location: UK | Registered: December 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of red99
posted Hide Post
when i finally get my Charmed in i will post any variants of the Billy Drago auto card (if I get any).

Posts: 180 | Location: UK | Registered: April 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jessica
posted Hide Post
Leslie -
You are not sad, because I too am interested in having a master list of his auto variations (or maybe I am sad too) Smile I didn't even know who he was until I saw his auto and then remembered his character. But now that I see how much time he spent on his cards - I must have his autograph card - maybe a few. I think it's great that he spent so much time on them!

Posts: 1950 | Location: Baltimore, Maryland, USA | Registered: May 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of DaveSB
posted Hide Post
Lesley - I cant help yet as i'm still waiting for my case to turn up. As soon as it does i'll post any variants.

Dave

.... I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, and tomorrow isn't looking good either....

Posts: 2606 | Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia | Registered: January 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got one that says: "In the end only fear will remain"

Posts: 12 | Location: NJ | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the NSU board. This may just be coincidence but did you by any chance just snag a charmed A14 auto on ebay?

Willow: "Yeah, I-I know, but... it's a whole night. I don't think I can sleep without her."
Anya: "You can sleep with me. Well, now that came out a lot more lesbian than it sounded in my head."

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes,

I got a case of charmed and didn't get a14.

Thanks for the welcome!

Posts: 12 | Location: NJ | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blackhood:
I got one that says: "In the end only fear will remain"

Hi Blackhood, Big Grin

I've added your variant to the list, hope you don't mind.

I'm hoping to get a variant of my own, but my boxes haven't arrived yet. And seeing as how I suffer from reverse force, my chances are probably low, but I'm still looking forward to opening my boxes. Smile

Lesley

posted Hide Post
Hi LesleyW,

Don't mind at all, this way it will be a complete list or a close to complete list of all the variants. Good luck on your boxes!

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of MiniMe
posted Hide Post
It was one of the reasons for my recent poll regarding "Autograph Card Variations"CLICK HERE to vote. When LadyX post in the "Charmed: Power OF Three" topic thread about the Billy Drago variations ( CLICK HERE) and the current 9 variations (so far), I wanted to poll Card Talk members to see how they felt when an autograph signer made variations to their autograph card.

- Autograph Card variations are not new. AS I mentioned in my poll, Richard Kiel added varying messages to his "Twilight ZOne" cards. (Not sure if he did to his "James Bond 40th Anniversary" set.) Joe Don Baker had 3 variations to his "James Bond 40th Anniversary" autograph cards. Jack Osbourne added various doodles to his "Osbournes" autograph card picture.

- Signers sometimes do this because of boredom. So do it to be unique or different. Some do it as a little something extra to their fans and collectors of their cards.

@@@ ScottEvil Cool

"I am a WATCHER, part of a secret society of men and women who observe and record but never interfere, we know the truth about immortals ....... In the end there can be only one !"

Posts: 4072 | Location: 40.71° N, 74.01° W | Registered: September 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
There is a Billy Drago card on eBay now with the inscription "Keep your fear wrapped about you."

I haven't gotten my cards yet, but should I not get a Billy Drago auto card (and I hope I won't; I want Rose McGowan *really* bad) I'm going to pick one up in San Diego.

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of MiniMe
posted Hide Post
Holy Autograph Card variants, Batman

- That brings the total autograph message variants count to 15. Well I guess this card holds the record for largest number of known (intentional) variants on an autograph card.

@@@ ScottEvil Cool

"I am a WATCHER, part of a secret society of men and women who observe and record but never interfere, we know the truth about immortals ....... In the end there can be only one !"

Posts: 4072 | Location: 40.71° N, 74.01° W | Registered: September 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hiya

Newbie here from the UK - this is my first post!

I have "Fear and Kisses" love Billy Drago.

I am still waiting for a couple of boxes too.

Lou xox

Posts: 10 | Location: UK | Registered: May 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mtlhddoc2
posted Hide Post
that if you count the number of autos signed, you would have the number of variants

http://mtlhddoc2.8m.com

"By your command, Imperious Leader"

Posts: 7774 | Location: Censored | Registered: November 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of angeleyes777
posted Hide Post
Not quite, Dan. I've already seen two on Ebay that both said "Yours in Fear"

At least we know they're not ALL different. Smile

Posts: 643 | Location: Modesto, CA, USA | Registered: July 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mtlhddoc2
posted Hide Post
Yeah, the same quote, but were they in the same spot on the card?

http://mtlhddoc2.8m.com

"By your command, Imperious Leader"

Posts: 7774 | Location: Censored | Registered: November 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of DaveSB
posted Hide Post
Lou - Welcome to card talk.

Dave

.... I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, and tomorrow isn't looking good either....

Posts: 2606 | Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia | Registered: January 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Lou,

Welcome to Cardtalk Wave, I've added your variant to the ever-growing list. Big Grin

Lesley

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of angeleyes777
posted Hide Post
Oh, Dan, if you want to get that technical about it. . . .have you noticed that he's signed some of his cards "Billy Drago" and others "Billy E. Drago"? Here are the ones I've managed to find with name variations included, along with ones from Lesley's list that I didn't find:

Keep your fear wrapped about you (Billy Drago)
They ate each other (Billy Drago)
Armageddon is fears hometown (Billy E. Drago)
If fear dances on your gravestone change your epitaph (Billy E. Drago)
Fear is the belief in the possible (Billy Drago)
Fear lasts until the end (Billy E. Drago)
You have put me at an impasse with fear. Thank you (Billy Drago)
Even the snakes whisper when they speak of fear psssst (Billy Drago)
In the end the wine ran out (Billy Drago)
Yours in fear (Billy E. Drago)
Yours in fear (Billy Drago)
The story of fear is always an autobiography (Billy Drago)
Thanks for your fear (Billy E. Drago)
Thanks for your fear (Billy Drago)
Ride the train of fear to the final station (Billy E. Drago)
Fear is a sweet smell (Billy E. Drago)
In fear all things are possible (Billy E. Drago)
Choose the sweet taste of fear or suffer the bitterness of regret.
Yours to fear
Only the sin eater is friends with the ghost of fear. (Billy Drago)
Fear does not end with death. (Billy E. Drago)
The aura of fear lights the darkness. (Billy E. Drago)
And all my days are trances. (Billy E. Drago)
He placed a strawberry in front of every candle. (Billy E. Drago)
Savor your fear. (Billy E. Drago)
Fear can tickle your funny bone. (Billy E. Drago)
In the end only fear will remain.
Fear and Kisses love...
Trust fear to stay to the end (Billy Drago)
When fear stirs life is born (Billy E. Drago)
Only fear can be trusted to remain til the end (Billy Drago)
Your fear is safe in my collection (Billy Drago)
Fear wins no reprieve from the executioner (Billy E. Drago)
Thanks for the fear (Billy E. Drago)
Fear has a sense of humor In the end he cried (Billy E. Drago)
The voo doo doll has no mouth (Billy E. Drago)
The sickness spread quickly. Even the flowers died.
In fear comes trust.
Only fear awakens from a nightmare (Billy E. Drago)
At the end is only fear (Billy E. Drago)
The taste of fear is sweet (Billy E. Drago)
At the end of time the last survivor will be fear.
We all pay rent in the house of fear.
His daddy pleaded with him pleaded with him - with confused and nearly dead eyes.
The end of hope is the end of fear.
Fear is only an energy like love.
To sleep with fear is to seek the dawn. (Billy E. Drago)
In fear we trust. (Billy E. Drago)
Ain't fear great. Thanks. (Billy E. Drago)
If he cut out his tongue who would lick the soup? (Billy Drago)
Infinite possibilities brings infinite fear (Billy Drago)
He put the harmonic in his father’s pocket. It was a closed casket. (Billy Drago)
Love and fear. Love. (Billy E. Drago)
The web of fear holds all life (Billy E. Drago)
The web of life holds all fear

That's a whopping 55 variations so far! Dance

I wonder if those last two are really the same and somebody misread the last one . . .

[This message was edited by angeleyes777 on June 14, 2003 at 04:50 PM.]

Posts: 643 | Location: Modesto, CA, USA | Registered: July 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post