Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Card Talk's Greatest Hits    Charmed P3 - Billy Drago autograph
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Charmed P3 - Billy Drago autograph
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Hey Jeff:

Thanks for posting that! You made a slight boo-boo in your link, which causes it to be a broken link. The correct link for the Charmed checklist on your site is:

Charmed: The Power of 3 Checklist

By the way, sorry if this post sounds a bit "know-it-all" like. I don't mean to. I just noticed the mistake (because I clicked on the link and it didn't go anywere!) and thought I'd say something.

Harris

Visit Non-Sport Update at www.nonsportupdate.com

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
>> By the way, sorry if this post sounds a bit "know-it-all" like. I don't mean to. I just noticed the mistake (because I clicked on the link and it didn't go anywere!) and thought I'd say something.

Well gee golly Harris, you do indeed know a lot. ;-) That's what I get for trying to maintain the eight-dot-three file names for computers that no longer exist. And it let me discover that Card Talk lets you easily edit your past messages, which is moderately way-cool ...

Jeff[

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
Well I haven't seen this particular one before and it's one of the longest ones so far:

"Take a drink of fear when the killer cats come into heat" Billy E. Drago

Willow : "A doodle. I do doodle. You too. You do doodle too."

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kennywood
posted Hide Post
To show my appreciation to Billy Drago for taking the time to write all those different messages on his autograph card, I wrote a thank-you note and sent it to him. Well, I got a letter back from him! Since he gave his permission to share the letter with the rest of the class, here it is:

Dear Kevin,

Thank you so much for your kind words and good energy. Actually, I looked at the signing of the trading cards more as an opportunity than a chore. It seemed like a rare creative chance to communicate one-on-one on a personal level, as well as have some fun, so I took it.

Also, fear is a demon that lives in the heart of all of us. So respect must be paid. Fear is an aspect that I've explored in every character I've ever played, whether on film, stage or my personal life. You might say, I lacked the courage to merely sign my name. Or, you could just say that it was a cheap gesture. I had to sign the cards anyway and at 3 A.M. I was too bored to just sign Billy Drago over and over and over again.

In any case, thank you for the online link.
(I had included the link to the Card Talk discussion about his card, in case he might be interested in our conversation.) I've snuck on several times as have a number of my friends. We enjoyed the discussions very much. Also, the compilation of the various messages is of great interest to me. Several of the ones you have found are my favorites while others have yet to be discovered and I'm curious as to what the reaction will be. Incidentally, some that seem to stand alone are actually in two or more parts and there is somewhat of a story or meaning to be made of the whole.

Please thank everyone for me for their interest and feel free to pass any or all parts of this message along.

Fearfully and respectfully yours,

Billy E. Drago

I thought that was really cool to take the time to write back! And two things in his letter really jumped out at me:

1) That he (and his friends) have checked out the various postings here. HI BILLY! Wave

2) That there are other messages to be discovered. (I wonder what they are and how the multi-part messages fit together.)

Anyway, I thought some of you might be interested in the letter. It's going in my trading card binder!

Kevin Cool

Put the key of despair into the lock of apathy. Turn the knob of mediocrity slowly and open the gates of despondency - welcome to a day in the average office.

Posts: 7361 | Location: the wonderful state of Denial | Registered: January 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
It's great that he actually took the time to respond! Well done that man!

See? There ARE nice people in Hollywood!
Au Res.,
Paul

Sometimes, one pack is not enough...
http://www.users.waitrose.com/~paulbines

Posts: 7202 | Location: Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of DoctorChristmasJones
posted Hide Post
Is Billy Drago eligible for a Gummie award???!!! Metal

What a guy! Glad I've got one of his autos ("Yours in Fear Billy E. Drago" - Not a rare variant but diggable all the same).

That letter is one of the coolest things I've seen in a long time. Thanks for sharing, Kevin.

Posts: 2272 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of MiniMe
posted Hide Post
- As I told Kevin earlier when he told me about it, it's a great thing that Mr. Drago did and shows that there are truly nice people in this world. Thumb Up

- Best part is that Mr. Drago and his friends came to Card Talk as Guests and read the posts regarding this topic thread. Big Grin

@@@ ScottEvil Cool

"I am a WATCHER, part of a secret society of men and women who observe and record but never interfere, we know the truth about immortals ....... In the end there can be only one !"

Posts: 4072 | Location: 40.71° N, 74.01° W | Registered: September 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
That's just way cool. Now we all get to speculate on what the possible 2 parters might be as well. Big Grin

I'll throw these 2 out there as a possible 2 parter:

1- To sleep with fear is to seek the dawn.
2- And all my days are trances.

Ash: Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun. (Army of Darkness)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Yes, that is way cool! Thanks for sharing this with us Kennywood. And thank you to Mr. Drago from NSU for your dedication to this project and to card collectors in general!

Visit Non-Sport Update at www.nonsportupdate.com

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jessica
posted Hide Post
That is so cool that he wrote back! What a class act!!!!!!

quote:
Incidentally, some that seem to stand alone are actually in two or more parts and there is somewhat of a story or meaning to be made of the whole.

I thought that some of the quotes seemed related and felt like a story, but then again since I am a writer I tend to weave things together alot to make stories out of nothing Smile

I think some of the quotes that are part of the 'story' may be the ones here:

The sickness spread quickly. Even the flowers died.

If he cut out his tongue who would lick the soup?

His daddy pleaded with him pleaded with him - with confused and nearly dead eyes. (My personal favorite by the way! Too bad it went for too much for my budget on ebay Mad)

He put the harmonic in his father’s pocket. It was a closed casket.

He placed a strawberry in front of every candle.

I don't know how the tongue one fits in, but it seems to be written like the other quotes. This is fun! Now I am on a mission to find the story!

Thank you Mr. Drago!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jessica

Posts: 1950 | Location: Baltimore, Maryland, USA | Registered: May 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Prezkot
posted Hide Post
WOW!! That is sooo cool!! Eek

Hi Billy! Wave When you read this, I just want to say, all of us agree, that what you did with your cards was infinitely commendable. It just shows that under the vast egos of Hollywood, there are the ones down in the human class.

Come join the site! Razz
Has your wife Silvana been here?

I bought 2 boxes of Charmed to try and pull a Billy variant, or a Milano or McGowan. None yet, but will get at least another box at Comic Con!!

On a side note, since I've only been here a month, in the CardTalk history, what notables have posted here, besides John Czop?

"Tro-jan con-doms... Boy, I'd like to live in one of 'em!"- Abe Simpson
http://hometown.aol.com/prezkott29/myhomepage/sale.html

Posts: 1320 | Location: Phoenix | Registered: June 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
I'd bet these 2 are related:

1- Fear does not end with death.
2- Fear is only the Abscence of Death.

Ash: Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun. (Army of Darkness)

Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
Well, I know which card is getting my vote in the "Best Card" section - and if there is a way for NSU to do a special Gummie for Mr Drago, then it will be well deserved! (Actually, there's a thought for future Gummies - a 'Personality of the Year' section! Not neccessarily an Industry figure, but anyone who has contributed significantly to the hoby in some way (Billy Drago, for example, or someone who has promoted the hobby with t=no thought of gain!)
Au REs.,
Paul

Sometimes, one pack is not enough...
http://www.users.waitrose.com/~paulbines

Posts: 7202 | Location: Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of xst
posted Hide Post
Hello! I've had a terrific time reading this thread..... and it hasn't been rated until now. So I gave it a 5-star rating! Big Grin Metal

Happy Stargating!

Posts: 1395 | Location: BC, Canada | Registered: June 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I second both DCJ's and Quaint1's posts, Billy Drago should be up for an honorary (how do you spell that word Big Grin) Gummie. He certainly created a lot of interest in the Charmed set, and I'm sure that this will still go on for some time to come.

Lesley

Posts: 3862 | Location: UK | Registered: December 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I always thought that these three worked well for me as a short novel. But when I started counting, I realized it was a haiku! You won't convince me that Billy didn't do it on purpose. ;-)

In the End He Laughed.
In the End He Cried.
In the End the Wine Ran Out.

O

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Perfect Tommy
posted Hide Post
What a kind man. But now he has gone and caused me to rethink all the messages and meanings. I'm recalled of that crazy Pink Floyd enigma that was brought up a few years ago: hinting at the prize, but never being quite close enough to find it.

And what if there is a card out there that tells us how to put it all together? and it is sitting in some dealers warehouse yet to be pulled.....I guess I'm letting the Fear get to me. Big Grin

quote:
others have yet to be discovered

...the hunt continues.

<-o-> He's like the pope for the dark side of the Force. He's a holy man; a shaman, kind of, albeit an evil one.

Posts: 736 | Location: DFW | Registered: February 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xSaBx
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LesleyW:
I second both DCJ's and Quaint1's posts, Billy Drago should be up for an honorary (how do you spell that word Big Grin) Gummie. He certainly created a lot of interest in the Charmed set, and I'm sure that this will still go on for some time to come.

Never ashamed to be late to the party...

Wot they said.
Big Grin

--
xSaBx
Trading Cards a Go-go!
REMEMBER: Take out the 'removemefirst'
from my e-mail address to send me mail...

Posts: 5362 | Location: The South East, United Kingdom | Registered: June 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Dobby The House Elf
posted Hide Post
How awesome is it that not only did he take the time to sign the way he did, but also write back to us (through Kevin) and let us know that he is still enjoying what's become of these cards.
As for the Gummie I think it would be great as long as he didn't sign all 1000 in a different way!! Wink That would kill the completists!

And finally, my favorite since the first time I read it (although it sold for much more than I could pay):

"We all pay rent in the house of fear"

Society for the Promotion of Elvish Welfare
http://www.geocities.com/race51fan/

Posts: 3469 | Location: The Cupboard Under The Stairs, 4 Privet Drive, Little Whinging, Surrey | Registered: September 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Prezkot
posted Hide Post
How much was the rent? I'm thinking $500 a month... Roll Eyes

"Tro-jan con-doms... Boy, I'd like to live in one of 'em!"- Abe Simpson
http://hometown.aol.com/prezkott29/myhomepage/sale.html

Posts: 1320 | Location: Phoenix | Registered: June 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post