Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Card Talk's Greatest Hits    How many sets do you own?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How many sets do you own?
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
My collecting tastes are SO across the board that some days I wish I only collected two titles. BUT I LOVE EM SO MUCH!!! I guess there are worse addictions.

Posts: 4845 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Card Dude
posted Hide Post
Just been through all of my binders and am in shock Smile

I have 84 base sets of which 95% have some chase cards with them.
I have 1 master set which is Stargate Premiere

Posts: 1117 | Location: UK | Registered: December 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Neil
posted Hide Post
erm i started 2hrs ago, and currently i have gotten to about 70 sets, with about 15 binders to go, with god knows how many sets in each binder.

Though i can say i have 13 Buffy sets :P

One day later and i have 143, with 4 binders to go :P

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Neil,

Posts: 1616 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Racer Xavier
posted Hide Post
Count? Wow...I don't know how many sets of cards I have...I know I have dresser full of wax boxes (no cloths just wax boxes of cards), another very large tote full of wax boxes...and then roughly half dozen or so of rubbermaid totes full on boxed cards. I have been collecting on and off since I was a child in the 70's.

Complete sets I guess 150+ just a guess. Does my case of Crow cards count? How many sets in a case? and Speed Racer...lets just say if you need a card I'm sure I have it...

that was my two cents worth

Posts: 42 | Location: Baltimore, Maryland | Registered: August 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I figured it was time to see whether I was starting to rival Ronbo. But he's definitely more obsessive about albums, promos, and food issues than I am!

The reason I thought I was coming close on number of sets was that I've become a fan of (mostly British) tobacco/tea/trade card sets, and have piled up a bit more than 600 of those. They don't take up nearly as much space as the other cardboard.

But not counting those or gaming cards, it looks like I have roughly 1500 complete base, parallel, or preview sets. That means I've added maybe two a week since I got hooked. (I'll do anything for a checklist.)

Interesting breakdowns ... about:
152 fantasy & SF art
124 Star Trek & Star Wars
56 Disney
558 other Movies/TV
244 comics
229 nostalgia/history
153 novelty
103 miscellaneous

I cringe thinking about what it would be if I didn't have that old day job ...

I'd sell them all for one billion U.S. dollars. (Oh sorry, that was my Dr Evil impression.)

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Well.......
Some people may say that I have too many (parents)..
But me, I am in need of LOTS more.

I have Buffy Season 4-7, plus connections, Big Bads & WoS.
Then Angel 1-4.....

So, if I can pass this Math test.....
That is 11.
I am keeping my sets limited.

Chris Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Chris Byrne,

Posts: 4328 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of angelchick182
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Byrne:
I have Buffy Season 4-7, plus connections, Big Bads & WoS.
Then Angel 1-4.....

So, if I can pass this Math test.....
That is 10.

Keep crackin' those math books, my friend. Wink

Posts: 1681 | Location: Nashville, TN, USA | Registered: July 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Neil
posted Hide Post
lol quick edit by chris :P

Posts: 1616 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I know, Math was never my strong point.
Thanks -- Chris Big Grin

Posts: 4328 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of angelchick182
posted Hide Post
lol...you know i'm just picking on ya! Wink

Posts: 1681 | Location: Nashville, TN, USA | Registered: July 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Getting more each week must be 60 by now

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hopefully by the end of December.....
I will have 100 Smile
I am on 92 sets, but if I include cards sets that I am uming and erring about and ones I don't want, then yea....
I did it Smile

KADRAN00157

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Byrne:
Well.......
Some people may say that I have too many (parents)..
But me, I am in need of LOTS more.

Chris Big Grin
How many more parents do you need to make a master set Big Grin

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hey Graham,
I needs lots of parents for a master set.
Are you offering your service? Wink

Saying that, my parents do not care for cards, and they think I am mad, but I could of told them that! Big Grin
Thanks -- Chris

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Boldlygone
posted Hide Post
My parents thought the same in the 80s when I had 1,000s of american comics all cataloged and alpabetised. all in Plastic bags, in Polystirene Air tight boxes. and rarly read. Big Grin

I guess I was a little mad and obsessive at the time. My Comic collection was the most important part of my life for 15 years.

Yet within a year of meeting Jean, now my wife, I had sold the entire collection. Funny thing life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If faced with a difficult choice/decision, Remember this - WWKD.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Never give up - NEVER surrender

Posts: 4214 | Location: Flitwick, Bedfordshire, England | Registered: July 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jessica
posted Hide Post
I have like 20 or so sets of Alias 2 (2 cases worth) and don't know what to do with them Smile

Posts: 1950 | Location: Baltimore, Maryland, USA | Registered: May 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
I have never counted my sets but I have been collecting cards since I was 6 and the first set of Star Wars cards came out. I think I will check it out when I get home from work. So I will get back to everyone in the morning.

http://1000thghostcards.weebly.com/

Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Star*Mystyk
posted Hide Post
Jessica: Oh that's nothing, lol, what about 'gimli' and his 33 cases of Harry Potter Update. Imagine the base sets Eek

I've never actually counted all mine. Most of mine are in binders except for the ones I don't want which are sealed in plastic and stored in the garage. I think I might find out just how many base sets I *do* have. Smile

Disclaimer: I haven't read the previous 5 pages, so if I've repeated anything, just ignore me.

Posts: 3225 | Location: AU | Registered: June 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of gilgle
posted Hide Post
I bet ya I have about...I say 25-30 sets....not a huge ton but they are all a lot of fun...at least to me. Wink

also, my sets are still building as we speak....so the number will be going up quite a few where there are so many new sets coming out this year! Especially like, spike and the X-files connections. YEAH

Posts: 1247 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of zeeterman
posted Hide Post

Posts: 108 | Location: Chronopolis, Vulgaria | Registered: January 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post