Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Card Talk's Greatest Hits    How many sets do you own?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How many sets do you own?
 Login/Join

Picture of Ladygandalf
posted Hide Post
I guess I am card crazy. I have been slowly collecting for about 25 years now. I am in the process of listing my cards into a database to see what I all have. I am going to estimate that I have 200 complete sets and numerous partial sets. Not to mention Promos, Subsets, Chase Cards, and tons of extra cards and sets. I would not be a bit surprised that I have 75,000+ cards around the house. Not to mention the unopened boxes that I need to go through. It sounds like I am the crazy one here. I am new here and hope to enjoy this site and make friends. I used to subscribe to non sport update but now I pick it up in the local store as I do not want to have a crushed magazine shoved into the small mailbox. I hope to be able to help collectors finish their sets and have help getting mine finished.

Posts: 13 | Location: Madison, WI. USA | Registered: April 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Flaming Carrot
posted Hide Post
They are all hers! Mad

I do get to look at the binders she has them in (from afar)!

Twak I don't dare touch them! Twak

FC

Posts: 255 | Location: California's Central Valley | Registered: March 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of angeleyes777
posted Hide Post
Real funny there FC! You do have one set: Dune. As for the rest, you're allowed to touch the binders and turn the pages, but don't let me catch you touching the actual cards. Twak
Kidding! All's fair in love and war, right? Big Grin

Posts: 643 | Location: Modesto, CA, USA | Registered: July 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of xst
posted Hide Post
Are you two related??? Confused

Happy Stargating!

Posts: 1395 | Location: BC, Canada | Registered: June 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Flaming Carrot
posted Hide Post
Sorry XST we are not related. But I have seen her cards. Razz

FC

Posts: 255 | Location: California's Central Valley | Registered: March 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of RupT
posted Hide Post
Even though i have been collecting for about 10 years, my collection isn't the largest, but its mine and i love it Smile

All in all, including just base sets, mini masters and master sets i have somehwere in the region of around 150 different sets. maybe a few more (this is simply at a rough count)

Hopefully one day i may be able to rival some of the members here on the board, but until then happy collecting to one and all Smile

Rupesh

"Ahead, Raaaaammmming Speeeeed!!!"

Posts: 4234 | Location: London, UK | Registered: September 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of venom5liter
posted Hide Post
Everyone,

I tend to be a completist with my card sets so I only have around 50 (base sets or insert sets) that are finished. Probably hundreds in the works that I haven't gotten to yet.

Mike
http://hometown.aol.com/venom5ltr/cards/

Posts: 1857 | Location: Sugar Grove, IL, United States | Registered: October 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of coleb
posted Hide Post
I have less than 20 sets of cards, but all of them are non-sport Coca Cola related cards.

From the 1920's Nature cards that only have an outline of a Coke Bottle to the present Comic Image sets and all point inbetween is the cards I tend to collect.

To say the least I am a Coca Cola collector of sorts.

Most of my collection (commons) are in binders made just for those sets. All the special cards are bundled up in toploaders, snap cases and screw cases in a box.

The wife supports my little habit as long as the money comes from my bank account and no were else.

http://bwcole.gomen.org

Please no "P". Give me the real thing, Coca Cola.

Posts: 27 | Location: Harrisburg, PA USA | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Vincent
posted Hide Post
I have some 40+ sets right now. Only 3 of them I have truly finished (base+inserts) I also have some 13 sets I am looking to complete too. *sigh* FOCUS!

http://www.geocities.com/kataztrophik/

Posts: 173 | Location: Boston, MA, USA | Registered: July 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not many Frown. Maybe about 25 basic sets. Xena 4/5 is the only one with all inserts and promos. Xena B&B will be soon my second.

Posts: 16 | Location: Finland | Registered: May 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
Picture of The Mouseketeer
posted Hide Post
I've never actually been organized enough to count, but I probably have bits and pieces of maybe 50 different sets. I only have a handful of sets that I would consider complete. That's not a bad thing though - the hunt is the fun part! Big Grin

"I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse." ~ Walt Disney

Posts: 2218 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of G6ADC
posted Hide Post
I mostly collect sc-fi like star trek, Stargate, Farscape, Andromeda, First wave and sliders.
Also I have started to collect Alias, Smallville, Dark Angel and Witchblade.
And occasionally anime like Ghost in the shell and Akira.
Together I have about 60 not including doubles (which I have about 10 - 15)

Posts: 767 | Location: Coventry, UK | Registered: July 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Wendi
posted Hide Post
I am a newer collector but I have about 25 card sets so far. Most of them the base set is complete but a lot of them still looking for chase cards.

Posts: 2211 | Location: IL, USA | Registered: February 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Kristina
posted Hide Post
I have all of the Buffy and Angel card sets, some of the original WNBA cards (i know- sports oriented Roll Eyes ) all of the Disney movie ones from the early '90s (Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin etc- yes, I've pretty much just aged myself- not badly anyway), all of the Coca Cola series, the Casper Movie set, Americana, and a Nancy Kerrigan set (I loved her!!! lol) Its a very eclectic grouping...

Posts: 1477 | Location: NY | Registered: August 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hoftrader
posted Hide Post
I presently have 30 base sets. Not too bad for someone just getting started in all this Wink. Some of those base sets are actually "master sets" in the works. I tend to be a box buyer. I'll casually pick up a pack or two if in a retail store and they have something half way interesting.

Brian Smokin'

Posts: 192 | Location: Cincinnati, Ohio USA | Registered: August 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Strider
posted Hide Post
I've got around 100 sets on the go.

I tend to concentrate on base sets and low level, ie cheap, chase cards...don't have the funds to go for Autos, Costume cards etc. Frown

Posts: 18 | Location: Wirral, UK | Registered: April 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of G
posted Hide Post
Wink A safe guess would be around 45, a general mix between Star Trek, Farscape, Babylon 5 and Stargate.

Posts: 364 | Location: Severn, Maryland | Registered: May 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
Due to trading, I have a chest of 4 drawers full of sets. I need to clear them out!

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Dobby The House Elf
posted Hide Post
I have at least 100 base sets, plus about 50 more that are duplicates.

Posts: 3469 | Location: The Cupboard Under The Stairs, 4 Privet Drive, Little Whinging, Surrey | Registered: September 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of mtlhddoc2
posted Hide Post
i am at approximately 500 base sets now, 65 of which are in the binders made specifically for the set

Posts: 7774 | Location: Censored | Registered: November 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post