Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Card Talk's Greatest Hits    How many sets do you own?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How many sets do you own?
 Login/Join

New Card Talk Member
posted
I was just wondering how many non sports card sets everyone here had. I'm kind of a casual collector and I collect the sets pack by pack so I only have 4 or 5.

Posts: 2 | Location: NY | Registered: March 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of The Master
posted Hide Post
I only own 1 set!!! And I own a Gandalf auto from LOTR.
That's it!

The Master

There are three kinds of people in this world, those who can count and those who can't.

Posts: 19 | Location: Modesto CA USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
212 sets and with about as many duplicate sets to trade.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of MiniMe
posted Hide Post
--- Barobehere:

- Is that basic sets or Master Sets? eek Either way that's a lot of cardboard. wink [LOL]

@@@ ScottEvil cool

Posts: 4072 | Location: 40.71° N, 74.01° W | Registered: September 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
Most are basic sets, I do have many master sets as well.
Most resently and notable
X-files 6/7 with all auto(including Gillian Anderson and pieceworks
X-files 8 With all auto and pieceworks

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of T3MAN
posted Hide Post
I have 195 sets, and in the last 3 months my collection went from 145 to the current number, most of which has come from trading not buying. I just want to thank all who have traded with me and may we continue to do so.

Posts: 394 | Location: Cedar City, Utah USA | Registered: August 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of MiniMe
posted Hide Post
--- Barobehere:

- Thanks. That's a lot. eek wink

--- kartchner2000:

- Don't you just love this hobby and the people that support it. They're a great bunch. That's what keeps this hobby going and alive for so long. big grin

@@@ ScottEvil cool

Posts: 4072 | Location: 40.71° N, 74.01° W | Registered: September 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can't count that high. If it comes out, I get it. If I like it I get a lot of it. If I love it I get a case. Doesn't everybody?

blah, blah, blah

Posts: 40 | Location: none, au | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of mtlhddoc2
posted Hide Post
I was just told by DisneyChick last nite that the answer to this question, for me any way, is TOO MANY I dont know where she gets that idea, but it may come from the fact that our bedroom is completely overrun by cards and I bought 50 new sets and 12-13 boxes at philly

Check for my updates on my "Set Trading" list on the traders board

http://mtlhddoc2.8m.com

Posts: 7774 | Location: Censored | Registered: November 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hello All Wink

I once tried and still try.I will never give up trying. I once bought 12 sorting trays years back.
The last time I made common card sets was back in the early 90's when marvel universe series one came out.In those days I had a sit down job read-n-bagged comics and sorted cards all night at that job. It was a show up and do nothing job. I always made one set for the bosses kid. He use to laugh that he was paying me while working to read comics and play with my cards. They kept me from sleeping at work.
Then when I gave up that job I tried to start making sets again But that was as far as I ever got.As the years went by.
I always wanted to do it again. But now a days I get overwhelmed with just looking at all those boxes of cards that I put them in 5000 count boxes. By card name I think. Haven't been in some of them boxes in many years .Now a days I have them all mixed up.
I got the cards sorted by #'s in some of those 5000 count boxes that is as far as I got.
Every time I get a collection from someone.I just put them away safely for now .
One day I will do it. It's very overwhelming just looking at them when I have so many cards to sort and make sets out of them. I am in no hurry at all.
I rather read comics and play with cards now a days.
A few years ago when I started sorting some promo cards. Then when I thought I was finished putting them away by ABC order and made some sets out of them I got another collection from someone. Then I had to start all over again. Sets are a never ending battle for me. I gave up trying for a while ago. One day I hope that I will make sets again and find out what I am missing.
If I sold sets it would be a different story.
I would rather spend my time looking for cards then making sets.It takes a lot of time to sort cards and make sets.

Happy Collecting and set making

Smokin'

Posts: 1858 | Location: PAUPACK,PA-USA | Registered: November 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cardsonthebrain
posted Hide Post
I have actually started counting as I have been searching and sorting and putting together sets lately. So far I have 81.

One man's trash is another man's trading cards.

[This message was edited by cardsonthebrain on April 13, 2003 at 09:05 PM.]

Posts: 132 | Location: Planet Earth | Registered: January 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of T3MAN
posted Hide Post
I know have 300 sets. I sure have fun in this hobby. May it never die.

"WHO EVER SAID HUMANS ARE LOGICAL" STAR TREK IV: VOYAGE HOME

Posts: 394 | Location: Cedar City, Utah USA | Registered: August 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tamara
posted Hide Post
KAJILLIONS

Posts: 1830 | Location: Victoria, Canada | Registered: March 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mtlhddoc2
posted Hide Post
almost as much as Tamara...

I do have every single ST set issued since 1990 which is quite a few and I also have a few ST sets from BEFORE 1990 (including the 1979 set Big Grin )

http://mtlhddoc2.8m.com

Posts: 7774 | Location: Censored | Registered: November 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ronbo
posted Hide Post
Wow, based on the previously posted definition of an obsessive collector, I must be the Guru of Obsessive, as I have 2047 different sets, and 507 different Factory binders holding most of them. And no, I'm not on the rich end of obsessive, more on the Very poor and about to get killed by his wife end of the spectrum. Ronbo

Posts: 86 | Location: Pocatello, ID | Registered: August 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of EriktheArchitect
posted Hide Post
I Quit counting a long time ago! I do have about 120 binders crammed full and a want list with 283 different sets that I am working on slowly.
I went ahead and listed all the chase cards for each base set only because I was bored. I mostly complete base sets and what few chase cards I get from packs or in bulk deals off eBay.

Too Many Cards Eek

But my wife still Luv You me!

Posts: 1162 | Location: Just NW of Hazzard County Georgia USA | Registered: December 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
Picture of leedoma
posted Hide Post
I have over two hundred sets, but more importantly I want them all to go with me when I go. I am compulsive and know that who ever has the most wins. All nonsport card are mine for the collecting and one day when paper money is no longer available people will use nonsport cards as currency. I am a card-o-holic. Twak

Posts: 6 | Location: chicago, IL. USA | Registered: March 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Outofsewer
posted Hide Post
I've been collecting for a long time, took a 7 year break, just got back to the hobby so far I have 116 complete base sets )(some are still missing inserts) with 42 in progress. That is in non-sport, some hockey and baseball and 1 basketball (Shaq rookie)

http://iquebec.ifrance.com/BobbysCards/

Posts: 22 | Location: Sorel-Tracy, Quebec, Canada | Registered: February 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of batmancity
posted Hide Post
Compared to other people on this board, i'm a small collector. I only collect batman stuff (cards, stickers, pogs, etc..) and some star wars and lord of the rings cards. So far, i have maybe around 40 batman sets, 12 star wars sets and 3 lord of the rings sets for a total of (drum roll.....) 55 sets !!!! Not bad i guess. They were times when i wanted to collect a lot of sets but i tried to calm down and appreciate what i already own and i think it's the best way for me to enjoy the hobby rather than collecting thousands of sets....that's a serious question : how can you appreciate stuff that you store on a shelf for like years...before laying your eyes on it just to make sure you have them ? Don't get me wrong, i don't want to sound annoying but as far as i'm concerned, the fewer sets i own, the better i enjoy them !!! Wave

http://www.batmancity.com
The Ultimate Batman Trading Card Guide on The Web

Posts: 597 | Location: Paris, France | Registered: May 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
Depends on how the question is asked, I have mayve 2 dozen different complete sets but if you count all the multiples I have of some sets (mostly Buffy) I probably top 100 completed sets.

"You're not friends. You'll never be friends. You'll be in love till it kills you both. You'll fight, and you'll shag, and you'll hate each other till it makes you quiver, but you'll never be friends. Love isn't brains, children, it's blood... blood screaming inside you to work its will. I may be love's bi*ch, but at least I'm man enough to admit it."
-Spike

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post