Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Card Talk's Greatest Hits    How many sets do you own?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How many sets do you own?
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I had over 100 diffrent sets with tons of spare base sets and chase but due to a massive accident Frown
A lot of the spare base sets and chase got thrown away
But quite a bit was saved and the main sets were in tact Smile

KADRAN00157

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Racer Xavier
posted Hide Post
This just in...

I'm still counting but as of 7/7/7 I've cataloged:

323 sets
102 unopened boxes

I’ve got roughly:

2400 Inserts, not all cataloged just sleeved, no doubles… maybe 300-400 doubles
1600 Promos, no doubles… a 1000 promo doubles

I’m lacking in the autos and artwork

57 autos
22 artworks

8- 3200 sorting boxes of incomplete sets

My main area is older cards 2000 and before so the autos and artwork cards are low. I’ve tried to keep the cards from 70’s to 90’s but it’s growing from 50’s to present.

I’ve also got 4 more large Rubbermaid totes to sort through before I get a real accurate total. My box total is what it is. I have more sets and extras in the totes. I do not think I have more inserts either… I just need to catalog them. Pushing over 50,000… maybe after I finish counting I’ll rack over 6 figures… now if I only made that much yearly at work…

Posts: 42 | Location: Baltimore, Maryland | Registered: August 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of hollypop
posted Hide Post
I think I posted here before but things have changed so why not post again? Smile

I now only have 7 base sets with the chase cards and pw's that I was interested in getting.

I'm trying to get more sets as my interests change but it will take awhile.

Right now I'm going back and forth about getting the Witchblade cards or comics.

Posts: 1458 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: May 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of raider5gt
posted Hide Post
I have 37 sets mostly Star Wars,tin sets,preveiw sets but have been buying more lately,even been buying a few cases,lots of singles and promo's

Collect toys and comics too,so it gets a bit mad at times trying to collect it all LOL.

Posts: 437 | Location: Gloucester UK | Registered: July 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of angelchick182
posted Hide Post
Update time...
I currently have 39 sets in various stages of completion, of those:

*17 - working toward master sets

*2 - working toward near master(maybe a card or two that I won't be chasing due to price, etc.)

*1 - completed to my liking, but not a true master set

*11 - working toward mini-master set(no interest in high-end chase)

...and
*8 complete master sets

Posts: 1681 | Location: Nashville, TN, USA | Registered: July 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
I have almost 350 sets Razz

From those, about 340 master sets.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I currently own over 100 sets not including duplicate sets....
I have some master sets and sets which I call master sets Smile
But this is an expensive hobby Frown
If we include the duplicate sets, I have over 300 sets.......

KADRAN00157

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MadCow
posted Hide Post
Hmm, I'm a newbie but at the moment I have 6 regular sets. Like I said, i'm new but i'm only collecting what I really like so I probably won't ever go over 25 sets...

Just one question, what technically makes a "master set"?

Posts: 134 | Location: Lakewood, NJ | Registered: March 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
A master set is technically all the promo's, base set, all the chase cards, Auto's, costume cards and 1 Sketch from each artist.....
Hope this helps

KADRAN00157

Picture of MadCow
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KADRAN00157:
A master set is technically all the promo's, base set, all the chase cards, Auto's, costume cards and 1 Sketch from each artist.....
Hope this helps

KADRAN00157

Yes, that helps alot. Thanks!!!

Posts: 134 | Location: Lakewood, NJ | Registered: March 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Have about 142 sets now Smile
If we include doubles..... Too Many lol
the problem is that there are too many sets comming out..... Hard to keep up lol

KADRAN00157

Picture of MARKPERRY2000
posted Hide Post
As of 11/29/14 I have 425 sets in various stages of completions.

Posts: 43 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: November 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Talk about bringing back an old thread, I didn't know this question was ever asked.

As I come to think of it, after over two dozen years of card collecting I am surprised to say that I have probably less than that many completed sets. I don't mean master sets either, just base sets with common inserts. I had many sets and portions of sets that I gave away or traded due to lack of my interest and ever growing space restrictions.

What I have kept is individual cards, mostly vintage sports, and autographed cards of both the sport and non-sport variety. Having switched to non-sport exclusively since 2001 has helped to keep it down also.

I can't imagine what my place would look like if I had tried to hold on to all the cards that passed threw my fingers over the years, but the word Hoarder comes to mind. Big Grin

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of <<<<ALDO_NOVA>>>>
posted Hide Post
Wow, tough question!
Have non-sport, different sport and entertainment/sport like wrestling!
Some are packed away in boxes or binders, have not looked at for a long time, but look over when I come across them now and then!
Adding more though, have a couple of boxes I received in the mail the past couple of months, that will be opened during the winter when it's too cold outside to do anything and need something to brighten my day!

Posts: 217 | Location: Where you can't find me!!!!!! | Registered: August 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of zeeterman
posted Hide Post

Posts: 108 | Location: Chronopolis, Vulgaria | Registered: January 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cecil
posted Hide Post
Classic sets from the 50's through the 70's I have about 45 or so.

Modern sets with chase cards maybe 75.

Food issues over 300.

I don't collect much anymore, just the occasional food/product/store giveaways like the current Winn Dixie issues. All my hobby money has been redirected into my recording studio.

I just live vicariously through the rest of you!!

Posts: 736 | Location: Carmel, IN. | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of samauto
posted Hide Post
If we are talking completely different sets, over 450.... But I have many bulk sets. Mostly from LOTR and Star wars where I have over 100 sets of each from various releases...

Posts: 504 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: July 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post
Used to be 200 sets. Building back up again (Starting new sets from scratch) and it's about 10+ sets. Major difference in space. But kind of nostalgic for the old times.

Posts: 937 | Location: UK | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post