Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Card Talk's Greatest Hits    How many sets do you own?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How many sets do you own?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
I've been collecting for about 15 years with 5 years off due to poverty. I just put together my inventory and I'm up over 500 sets.
Happy collecting

Richard

Posts: 156 | Location: Windsor Nova Scotia Canada | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Szym
posted Hide Post
I don't know how many sets I have (I am not at home). But I can tell you that I have around 62000 cards in my collection. I'll post the number of sets later.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Szym,

Posts: 878 | Location: Paris, France | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of jademaliburoad
posted Hide Post
I don't know where I am.
I have less than 20 sets, but most of them are master sets.

Posts: 1188 | Location: France | Registered: April 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lurtz
posted Hide Post
Not enough lol

Posts: 54 | Location: uk | Registered: November 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of zeeterman
posted Hide Post

Posts: 108 | Location: Chronopolis, Vulgaria | Registered: January 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of jademaliburoad
posted Hide Post
Enough for me lurtz lol
When I like a set, I prefer to get the whole collection. Sometimes it's very hard lol

Posts: 1188 | Location: France | Registered: April 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I Started card collecting in the early 90's, I remember one of my first sets was Chris Acchilleos art cards.....(That seriously got me into Fantasy art Smile ) I collected from fantasy to Movies & Tv also comic related too :-) I last counted about 100 sets give or take.....

KADRAN00157

"They came looking for my Nemises and found me, now the body count begins!"

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Buffynut
posted Hide Post
Currently I own 42 base sets, though that number will soon be 44 - with Buffy WoS and Angel Season 5 coming up.... Smile

"People once believed that when someone dies, a crow carries their soul to the land of the dead. But sometimes, something so bad happens, that a terrible sadness is carried with it and the soul can’t rest. Then sometimes, just sometimes, the crow can bring that soul back to put the wrong things right."

Posts: 163 | Location: The Netherlands | Registered: October 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of prophecygirl
posted Hide Post
I don't have many at all, I only really collect Buffy & Angel.

Anways, I have 13 Buffy basic sets, 1 Angel basic set (with season 2, 3 and 4 on the way) and Thunderbirds the Movie basic set. So that's 15.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer 1997-2003

Posts: 1489 | Location: Stockport, UK | Registered: August 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Do not worry!
I have 11 base sets.
1 being a mini-master set; Season 7.
My set is growing, slowly, but non the less, it will get better.
Thanks -- Chris Smile

Posts: 4328 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
I have 51 sets,22 of which are in the process of becoming master sets (assuming I win the lottery).
The master sets I am most pleased with so far are :
Angel season 1 & 2
Charmed season 1 - with all 9 promos
Fellowship of the ring
Star Trek Voyager Profiles .

With over 150 spare base sets,expect to see my name on ebay any time soon.Feel free to email me with any wants . I don't do Buffy .

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
That is pretty impressive!
I love the master sets of Angel.
How long did it take you to get them?
Did you buy cases or buy the cards as time went by?
Thanks -- Chris Big Grin

P.S.
What is wrong with Buffy, not that it matters, just curious.

Posts: 4328 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
I've never bought a case - can't afford it but saving hard for my first one which will be Serenity . Decided to collect Angel 1 because I got the Spike auto in my box (my first from Inworks).My second box gave me the Angel auto and I was hooked . I was only going to get one box of season 2 but the shop I bought it from was selling Cordellia auto for £30 and I got the Darla/Dru in my box Clap For the two sets it took me about 2 years .

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Byrne:
What is wrong with Buffy, not that it matters, just curious.

Nothing . When the first season can out I hadn't seen it on tv and didn't know what it was . I was offered 4 boxes for £100 because the dealer couldn't shift them and I turned him down Eek I tend to collect only if I am there from the start . I now have all 7 seasons on dvd and will always regret the poor judgement .

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
How can you have all the DVD's, if they are not out yet?
Did you record them yourslf?
BTW, nice pulls and congrats on all your sets --
Chris Big Grin

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
I was offered 4 boxes for £100 because the dealer couldn't shift them and I turned him down Eek I tend to collect only if I am there from the start . I now have all 7 seasons on dvd and will always regret the poor judgement .

Ouch!! Just think, £100 would get you almost 1/2 of a season 1 box now. Razz

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of angelchick182
posted Hide Post
quote:

If I'm not mistaken, the UK gets DVD releases of Buffy before we in the U.S. and Canada. It's sort of a trade-off, I suppose, as we got the new episodes first.

Posts: 1681 | Location: Nashville, TN, USA | Registered: July 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of angelchick182
posted Hide Post
I only collect Buffy and Angel, so my amount of base sets isn't really impressive, but my collection is coming along quite nicely.

I have all the Buffy and Angel base sets and binders released to date, I have mini-masters for the majority of sets - chipping away at master sets one card at a time, and I have a master set for Buffy Connections.

But total base sets, not including duplicates would be 15, soon to be 17 with WoS and Angel 5. I haven't started collecting any of the Ikon Buffy series cards, but plan to at least pick up base sets of these in the future.

Posts: 1681 | Location: Nashville, TN, USA | Registered: July 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by angelchick182:
quote:

If I'm not mistaken, the UK gets DVD releases of Buffy before we in the U.S. and Canada. It's sort of a trade-off, I suppose, as we got the new episodes first.

No trade-off . The UK doesn't have the same deals with the studios . I think it is something to do with repeat fees . Angel season 5 is out in about a month .

Just recieved my last costume card to make a master set of Farscape season 2 Dance

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of angelchick182
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
No trade-off . The UK doesn't have the same deals with the studios .

I didn't mean it as a literal trade off, just sort of a way to think of it. I use that logic when friends of mine complain about having to wait for the DVD's when they're already out in the UK.