Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Card Talk's Greatest Hits    How many sets do you own?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How many sets do you own?
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
50-100 post 1980s sets I suppose, although the rate has slowed to a trickle as my tastes turn towards pre 1970 sets. My big dream is to collect the 1938 Horrors of War set where 1 card has the value (not just in monetary terms, but historically and to me personally ) of umpteen modern sets. Now there's a debate for you!! I guess I'm just getting OOOOLLLLDDDD!!!

Posts: 687 | Location: Manchester UK | Registered: September 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
Gosh, one of these days I'd have to count, but I can say I have everythin in NSU (for Trek)...and then pogs..and phonecards...and the oddball cards...of which of them there are at least as many......
Which makes me sick sick sick, I suppose....but then I justify it by saying I don't smoke, drink or do drugs..take care of my husband and children and keep a clean house and my bills are paid.
Oh, and check out:
http://www.jklm.net/atn/index.html

about middle of the page. It's a collection of quotes I keep of card collecting obsessions....feel free to email me your own.

Posts: 4246 | Location: Pittsboro, NC USA | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dune
posted Hide Post
I used to love Pogs!
Apart from they were banned in my school because people used to hit each other with the plastic throwing ones.. I can't remember what you call them... it's all fun and games till someone loses an eye.

Posts: 330 | Location: North East England | Registered: March 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CalHarley
posted Hide Post
I feel like, I've found long lost relatives. I have around 70+ completed sets, most of the fantasy art variety or comic. Since FPG is gone, not much of a selection on the fantasy art side. Generally, like to buy at least 2 boxes of anything to complete the inserts.

Posts: 40 | Location: Cushing, ME | Registered: April 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
OK, the sets I can actually lay my hands on - 57.

So, a relative newbie!
Au Res.,
Paul

Posts: 7202 | Location: Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of orcasnm
posted Hide Post
Well, when I buy cards I usually only a buy and collect a few that interest me, mostly X Files and assorted movies like LOTR and Mummy Returns. So, I don't have as many complete sets as I originally thought...
I do occasionally buy 1 or 2 packs of another set to see what it is like though, but I don't try to complete the sets.
So, in other words, I have about 9 complete sets (just the base and a few chase cards) and I have 3 sets complete with all chase... (phew.. smile )

-Andrew

Posts: 13 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: February 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Let me see... I can go two ways with my card collecting. Some sets that I have a minor interest in I would get the special cards. But with the shows or movies that I absolutely love (there are not that many) I would get everything in the set.

Posts: 314 | Location: USA | Registered: February 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi,

I am a french man and also a huge fan. I collect trading from TV shows and Movies. I have about 100 series.
I am ok with Tr, I have my priority sets (like X FILES, FARSCAPE,LOTR, Planet of the Apes, Hercules...) that I wish to fully complete, and some minor sets for which I get chase card in exchange or opportunities, but not chasing them (sets like Angel,Star Trek, Xena...)

Posts: 161 | Location: FRANCE | Registered: March 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Neil
posted Hide Post
i have around 30 sets but in comic standards i have close to 3000. but i mainly now chose to collect cards.

Posts: 1616 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Never really counted my card sets just neatly stacked them away but i would guess at the least 200 including duplicate sets.

Posts: 40 | Location: Australia | Registered: May 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
Not as many as some of the people around here that's for sure! Big Grin

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Kristina
posted Hide Post
I've got all of the Buffy/Angel/Spike cards released, and I also have all of the Disney movies cards released (Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast etc), all of the Coca Cola Sets and my oddity, the Nancy Kerrigan Set... Also have the Casper set because thats my last name... lol. (Anything "Casper" that came out I got- the pogs, bath soap... lol- anything and everything...) My Grandpa got me into cards when I was younger, so he's the one who always bought me boxes... I would also tear open numerous baseball card boxes with him when he got those. So I don't have many sets, but they all have some special meaning to me Smile

Posts: 1477 | Location: NY | Registered: August 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
I just recently started making a list of all of the base sets that I have so I can get organized. So far 101 sets have been added to my list with tons more to go.... This does not include duplicate sets.

Mike.

Posts: 5347 | Location: Warrenton, Virginia, USA | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I lost count when I got over 100 Frown

KADRAN00157

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Star*Mystyk
posted Hide Post
I don't know if I posted in here before. I'm not going through 6 pages, either Razz
I have no idea how many sets I have. Close to 50, easily. I've never counted them. And don't want to. If they're not in binders I have them sealed in plastic in my old HP case. A case of base sets, lol, I'm glad they don't sell them like that Razz

Posts: 3225 | Location: AU | Registered: June 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Star*Mystyk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by STCardGeek:
about middle of the page. It's a collection of quotes I keep of card collecting obsessions....feel free to email me your own.

I read them all Wink Now all I can see is a long black rectangle when reading this forum, lol!
Lots of good quotes there Thumb Up

Posts: 3225 | Location: AU | Registered: June 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I own far too many sets to count. From about 1988-1995, I collected nearly everything under the sun. I have tons of Star Trek (lots and lots of sets), Star Wars (lots and lots of sets), Marvel (Universe 1-5, Ultra X-Men 1 & 2, Spiderman, Spiderman Ultra, Masterpieces 1-3, etc), DC (Batman Legend of the Dark Knight, The Life and Death of Superman, Bloodlines, Batman Legends, Universe, etc), Image (Spawn, The Maxx, Wild C.A.T.S, Pitt, Image Chrome, Wildstorm Chrome, etc), Movies (Batman Series 1 and 2, Batman Returns, Batman Forever, Terminator 2, Stargate, Dick Tracy, Flintstones,Spawn, Bill and Ted, etc), Cartoons (GI Joe, Various Disney, etc, TV Shows (X-Files, Buffy, Xena, Young Indiana Jones, Home Improvement, Hercules, etc)) and many more.

I'm just now getting back into it, but mainly for Horror related sets, especially Terror Cards. I plan on going through a lot of my other sets and extras as soon as I get finished unpacking everything from my recent move, and get rid of a lot of them. I probably have roughly 1,000's of promo cards I'm going to part with as well.

Posts: 20 | Location: MS | Registered: October 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Too many. Anybody buys sets in bulk or trades for them?

Posts: 15 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: July 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I presently have over 600 sets.

Lost count on complete base sets. A lot of my sets are missing Inserts.

Been collecting on/and off sence the 70's.

Love to trade for cards when I have trading material.

Posts: 569 | Location: Killeen, Tx, USA | Registered: June 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of charmedmad
posted Hide Post
i got about 20 sets something like that

Posts: 4508 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: March 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post