Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Avengers Blu-Ray & DVD
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted
I and my sister went to a presentation of the Blu-Ray extras last night at the Disney offices at Hammersmith. Wasn't sure what to expect as it was advertised on Facebook with very little information.
It was very well attended with about 80 people there. Security was as tight as an airport, with all phones and cameras held, plus a metal detector sweep before we could enter the theater. The show consisted of sound bites by the actors, a blooper reel, outtakes/deleted scenes etc, plus part of a 90 minute documentary (which will be a Sainsburys Blu-Ray exclusive). To cap it all, at the end, we had, what I can only describe as stupendous, a "never before seen" 2 minute preview of Iron Man 3 Clap Bouncey Metal
At the end, there were some goodies to be had in the form of action figures, posters, caps, mugs, t-shirts and hoodies. I was lucky enough to have my number picked for an "Avengers Assemble:In Theatres only" hoodie Thumb Up
When it was finished, we could collect our belongings and take pictures of the display in the foyer which included the Iron Man Mk.1 costume. All in all, a very well presented show.

As I mentioned, there is a Sainsburys exclusive. I'm getting the HMV Steelbook exclusive (for my birthday Thumb Up ) Anyone seen any others?

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Sounds like it was well worth the visit Thumb Up Hopefully the hoodie fits as well Big Grin

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Very,very jealous of you right now. I should come to the UK, just to share how jealous I am!! Razz Big Grin

Posts: 806 | Location: san diego | Registered: December 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Nice! Sounds like a great night, I hope you finished it off with a pint, Graham! Big Grin Thumb Up

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Elaine Perna
posted Hide Post
Sounds like you had a fantastic time! Clap

Posts: 2274 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
Yep, Elaine, it was great.

I was looking for people to post here for the various offers that stores are doing to get you to purchase their goods. I have found out that the UK version of the film has been edited for violence in one scene. Can't say where as it might spoil the film for the one person out there that hasn't seen it Wink

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
Can't say where as it might spoil the film for the one person out there that hasn't seen it Wink

I am that one person! Eek

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Obi Wan Chrisobi
posted Hide Post
Target is including a bonus disc with some features exploring the Marvel movie universe and how they tie into the Avengers.

Walmart is including an Avengers: Season One graphic novel with theirs.

Posts: 425 | Location: Canada | Registered: August 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ordered my copy of the blu ray combo at Disney store where they give out a really nice set of 4 large lithographs in a commemorative sleeve (like they have done previously for disney animated movies). As an extra bonus you also get a $10 voucher off your next purchase. Win, win!

Posts: 258 | Location: San Diego, CA, USA | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WOMBLE:
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
Can't say where as it might spoil the film for the one person out there that hasn't seen it Wink

I am that one person! Eek

I have seen it now, good film! Thumb Up

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post