Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

david bowie signed ?
 Login/Join

posted
after never seeing bowie signed items and waiting fot the man who fell to earth set I see that bowie has signed a book limited to 1650 copies selling for approx. £320 is he finaly signing more items as time go`s on ? thus dropping the rareity of the auto ?

Posts: 312 | Location: united kingdom | Registered: February 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Short answer is, probably.

A limit of 1650 is pretty high for someone who never wanted to sign before, so of course the autograph becomes less rare. But if the price of his autograph stays the same no matter what he signs, and if the demand is enough to absorb the supply at that price, than a drop in rareity just means that people can get actually get his signature now.

If, on the other hand, he suddenly starts signing everything and the autographs go for different prices that's when the market floods and it becomes a bad thing for collectors that paid a lot early on.

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
When do the cards with the Bowie autograph come out?

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hear wind blowing and see tumble weeds roll by ?

Posts: 312 | Location: united kingdom | Registered: February 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vampy:
I hear wind blowing and see tumble weeds roll by ?

I don't get it. Big Grin

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
no one replied as no one knows just left him hanging with no answer

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
...the answer, my friend, is "Bowie" in the wind...

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
...the answer, my friend, is "Bowie" in the wind...

Now that's really low! Big Grin Wavey

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Aim low, and land lower!

posted Hide Post
crawl back in your hollow you laughing gnome ?

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Bowie as Jareth in "Labyrinth":
"Well...laugh."

posted Hide Post
ha ha ha he he he he
quote:
Originally posted by vampy:
crawl back in your hollow you laughing gnome ?

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Darth Vader Fan
posted Hide Post
Could someone please post a link to the book?

Posts: 1018 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
If you do a Google search "David Bowie Signed book" there are at least 3 limited items that Bowie has signed

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post