Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another Show Returns
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
"Veronica Mars" with Kristen Bell is coming back, on Hulu

Posts: 3996 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
"Mad About You" is confirmed to return, fall 2019

But not on NBC. Instead on some channel called Spectrum

Has anyone heard of this network ? Not me.

Posts: 3996 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
The only Spectrum I know is the phone/cable company, so perhaps they are going into their own production and distribution channel. Why not? Everybody and their brother now has a network and all we have to do as viewers is subscribe to them all and watch our bills go up. Big Grin

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It is a new station called "Spectrum Originals", premiering sometime in 2019

They also have a cop show called "L.A.'s Finest" with Jessica Alba and Gabrielle Union coming. Looks like the same old stuff, not very original material. Just women with guns.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I looked this up and the changes in company names and subsidiaries is crazy, but Spectrum Originals is part of the same group that was Spectrum cable in NY. Spectrum was being forced out of NY over money, so other carriers like Verizon and AT&T and Optimum are trying to take over the market.

This one is actually Charter Spectrum and the parent company of it all seems to be an outfit called Charter Communications, which has a somewhat checkered past. I guess the FCC is supposed to keep track of all this, but I wouldn't bet on it. Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Raven,

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It is very confusing. One article seemed to suggest that Spectrum Originals was going to launch in May 2019 with "L.A.'s Finest", but maybe it is already available.

That's why I watch so little TV ! Who has the time? Not me.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I watch news, "American Pickers," the occasional science show, football, basketball, and late night talk shows. Sometimes, someone comes on "Colbert" or "Seth Myers" and she's talking about Season 3 of a show I've never heard of.

Posts: 4375 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Now they're bringing back "Punky Brewster", the 1984-1988 show, with Soleil Moon Frye returning

This will actually be a continuation of the original show, with her now as an adult, and a little girl of her own.

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Reportedly, ABC is bringing back "NYPD Blue" in 2020. In this continuation of the 1993-2005 series, Andy Sipowicz (Dennis Franz) has been murdered, and his adult son is now the cop investigating the crime.

Kim Delaney and Bill Brochtrup supposedly return from the original show.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Reportedly CBS is bringing back the original "CSI" as "CSI Vegas" with William Peterson and most of the main cast returning.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
Reportedly CBS is bringing back the original "CSI" as "CSI Vegas" with William Peterson and most of the main cast returning.

Good, maybe my Strictly Ink CSI autograph cards will be remembered again. Wink

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
They are bringing back the 1984-1992 sit-com "Night Court", with the actress from "The Big Bang Theory" playing the lead.

Some of the original cast are coming back, but obviously not Harry Anderson, who died a few years ago.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I liked "Night Court" and watched the entire run. One of the "Barney Miller" writers, Reinhold Weege (pronounced "Wiggy"), created it. I once worked with a guy who knew him and even submitted a script for an episode.

There was kind of a reunion show within an episode on "30 Rock" several years ago with some of the actors appearing as themselves and not really wanting to do it.

quote:
They are bringing back the 1984-1992 sit-com "Night Court", with the actress from "The Big Bang Theory" playing the lead.

Some of the original cast are coming back, but obviously not Harry Anderson, who died a few years ago.

Posts: 4375 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Apparently the new "Punky Brewster" reboot has been cancelled after just 1 short season.

Fans of the show, including Soleil Moon Frye, herself, are reportedly shocked and saddened, as they fully expected that the show was coming back for a 2nd year.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Apparently the new "Punky Brewster" reboot has been cancelled after just 1 short season.

Fans of the show, including Soleil Moon Frye, herself, are reportedly shocked and saddened, as they fully expected that the show was coming back for a 2nd year.

Jeez, this came and went and I never even heard about it. I guess that's telling.

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The show was broadcast on the NBC Peacock network in early 2021 and was pretty decent. It showed you what became of the characters after the original show ended in 1988. Freddy Prinze Jr. Played her husband. Amazingly it was canceled and yet the awful new "Saved By the Bell" has been renewed.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
The new Punky Brewster lacked a significant ingredient from the recipe that made the original a hit long ago, and that was having an older Finnish-born gentleman around to call her "Ponky".

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Is has been confirmed that they are bringing back "The Munsters" as a theatrical film.

The original 1964-1966 series previously had a made for TV movie in 1981, with most of the original cast.

They then had a syndicated TV show "The Munsters Today" which ran from 1988 to 1991 with an all new cast, and two TV films in 1995 and 1996. All 3 of these versions had completely different actors from each other.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
HBO Max is bringing back "Degrassi" in 2023.

The original junior high/high school aired from 1987 to 1992, and then they had "The Next Generation/The Next Class" from 2001 to 2017, a total of 18 seasons on the latter run.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Where the heck was I? Granted I'm long passed the age group, but not only did I never hear of this series, looking it up I can't even find an actor from any year that I recognize. Didn't know Canada was on another planet. Big Grin