Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Entertainment Discussion    The Secret Fantastic Four Film That No One Was Meant to See
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Secret Fantastic Four Film That No One Was Meant to See
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted
The Secret Fantastic Four FilmThat No One Was Meant to See

Posts: 1595 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
Hey look, it's Bug from Uncle Buck!
From the looks of the trailer, I don't think we missed anything.

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Well I never heard about this one, but lots of weird things happen with films and projects fall apart for various reasons. There is investment money and foreign money involved and all sorts of licensing rights required. Sometimes rights are bought just to keep other people from getting them and sometimes financing is just a way to offset something else.

From the article it sounds like this picture was not seriously meant to be released, but only some of the people knew that and the rest were just working. Corman's films were always done on the cheap side, but a lot of good talent got early training making them. Have to agree with Miss Lizzy about not missing much here though. That trailer is worse than kiddie TV.

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Just read a few of the reviews from the new Fantastic Four movie. Maybe they should have released this old one instead. Big Grin

The reviews are beyond awful and boring. The director is claiming that the studio ruined his film, so it must really be bad, but I can't say as I am surprised. The casting was all wrong from the start.

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rwn410
posted Hide Post
The entire 1994 movie has been available on Youtube for years, if you ever feel curious Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVLqs9MrGbw

The new Fant4stic film is nowhere near as bad as the internet would have you believe. In no way flawless, but hardly the unwatchable disaster critics are making it out to be. There are a host of inferior superhero movies before this. There are many areas that could've been improved upon and it isn't necessarily good, but it's not without great potential and I hope it gets the opportunity of a sequel to further develop this ambitiously different adaptation outside of the default origin story.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rwn410,

Posts: 398 | Location: UK | Registered: January 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
I'm still going to see it, but probably best for us to not hold our breath for part 2. It looks like it's about to have the lowest Superhero film opening gross since "Green Hornet" (and that was a one and done).

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Obi Wan Chrisobi
posted Hide Post
How do they consider the Corman film a secret? Comic fans have known about it for many years and it has been readily available on the bootleg market. I had a vhs copy of it almost 20 years ago.

As for the new film, I haven't seen it but have heard mixed things about it. If it flops badly enough, maybe Fox will finally let Disney have the rights back and we can get the FF into the Marvel Cinematic Universe where they belong.

Posts: 425 | Location: Canada | Registered: August 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Miss Lizzy:

"Why I've been known to circumcise a gnat. You're not a gnat are you, Bug? Wait a minute, bug, gnat. Is there a little similarity? Whoa, I think there is! Ha ha ha"

Posts: 1595 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rwn410
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Obi Wan Chrisobi:
If it flops badly enough, maybe Fox will finally let Disney have the rights back and we can get the FF into the Marvel Cinematic Universe where they belong.

Normally I disagree with these kind of comments as too hopeful - Fox would just make another one eventually - but now with Fox's desire to expand the X-Men universe onto TV but apparently needing Disney's approval, I can definitely see some bargaining happening. I still think the Silver Surfer would be fantastic in the MCU above any other absentee! Plus, after Thanos is inevitably defeated, Galactus seems like one of the better candidates for the next big bad in the MCU.

Posts: 398 | Location: UK | Registered: January 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MarcG:
quote:

"Why I've been known to circumcise a gnat. You're not a gnat are you, Bug? Wait a minute, bug, gnat. Is there a little similarity? Whoa, I think there is! Ha ha ha"

I love that movie.

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by MarcG:
quote:

I love that movie.

One of my Favorites... just watched it a few days ago.

I was flipping through the channels and there it was, so I had to watch.

Picture of kane1
posted Hide Post
Year ago, my cousin talked me about this Fantastic 4 movie. I never watched it.

About the new movie. The big mistake was taking the "Ultimate Fantastic 4" origin to make the movie. I watch the movie and then discover it was an "Ultimate" version when I was searching about the reviews.

Not matter what. The new movie is bad.

Posts: 242 | Location: Puerto Rico | Registered: December 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post