Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ian Abercrombie dead at 77
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of SHouseman
posted
Ian Abercrombie passed away on Thursday in Hollywood. I have his auto card from "Army of Darkness", I know he signed for the "Wild Wild West" movie as well. He was a great character actor and will be missed.

Posts: 1186 | Location: USA | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
He was also the voice of Emperor Palpatine/Darth Sidious for the current Star Wars Clone Wars animated series and signed for the Topps Widevision CW set.

He lived a whole life of fine performance and did so pretty much all the way to the very end, appearing in all manners of things close to the hearts of many on this board throughout.

Three cheers to Ian! He rests in peace now but his work will surely live.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted Hide Post
I have the Wild Wild West card that he signed. So sorry for the loss of such a great actor. Frown

Posts: 2744 | Location: Haverhill, Ma. U.S.A. | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
And the role most people will probably remember, Elaine's boss on a few Seinfeld episodes, Mr. Pitt.

A great character actor indeed.

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post